Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Maximum PC]Sony Will Get to Inspect PS3 Hacker's Data
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Maximum PC]Sony Will Get to Inspect PS3 Hacker's Data - Page 7

post #61 of 78
If Sony gets his drives it's end game. Corporations have no right to private property.
post #62 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoner View Post
If Sony gets his drives it's end game. Corporations have no right to private property.
Legal presidence says otherwise. If personal property was used in a crime against its original manufacturer, that manufacturer has the right to inspect it, however, I'm sure with police presence to avoid any foul-play (or, I would hope, at least).
post #63 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Legal presidence says otherwise. If personal property was used in a crime against its original manufacturer, that manufacturer has the right to inspect it, however, I'm sure with police presence to avoid any foul-play (or, I would hope, at least).
He has not been convicted of anything yet.

I would hope he has run some military grade Drive wiping software and done a fresh install of the OS. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Gaming rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8600 ASUS Striker Extreme eVga 8800 gts 640 OCZ Platinum 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD2500JS NEC DVD+-RW Windows XP SP3 2x LG L226WTX 22" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ideazon Merc Stealth Ultra Atx 600 Cooler Master CM690 Logitech Mx 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8600 ASUS Striker Extreme eVga 8800 gts 640 OCZ Platinum 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD2500JS NEC DVD+-RW Windows XP SP3 2x LG L226WTX 22" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ideazon Merc Stealth Ultra Atx 600 Cooler Master CM690 Logitech Mx 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbozo View Post
He has not been convicted of anything yet.

I would hope he has run some military grade Drive wiping software and done a fresh install of the OS. Nothing to see here. Move along.
He doesn't have to be convicted. If he's charged the court can allow evidence gathering, whether it's personal property or what have you.
post #65 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Legal presidence says otherwise. If personal property was used in a crime against its original manufacturer, that manufacturer has the right to inspect it, however, I'm sure with police presence to avoid any foul-play (or, I would hope, at least).
The victim cannot be judge and jury. You are wrong. You are confusing the right to face your accuser. If I got stabbed they wouldn't give me the knife to check for DNA.
post #66 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoner View Post
The victim cannot be judge and jury. You are wrong. You are confusing the right to face your accuser. If I got stabbed they wouldn't give me the knife to check for DNA.
And you're confusing two completely different intents of crime here. One is a violent crime and the other is civil. Since Sony is the expert in this matter, they will be allowed to look through the data for proof that he reverse-engineered or tampered with their OS. Same as when a Hospital is able to look through stolen digital records files versus physical files. They would then have to provide the data to the court so the prosecution and defense could make their cases, both of which would then have to convince a jury.
post #67 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad View Post
Sony winning because they paying off these judges *has to be* cause to be honest, he jailbreak it but then other people took it further, not his fault.
.................................................. ..................................Double U...Tee...Ffffffffffffffffffffffff?!?! and Hitler didn't make the Holocaust happen, he didn't kill Jewish people right? He just had people do it for him so all is good. Dude, he gave them the tools and said "here go out and have fun" how the f is that not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksuffering View Post
wow, so you jailbreak YOUR ps3 to run whatever you want, you get sued?
you modify a car with a turbo and other products you get featured on magazines?

its his product he can do whatever the **** he wants
Wrong? 9/10 times if you mod a leased car, unless your dealer is "cool" they won't let you touch that car with any major modifications. If you have paid off that car, feel free to modify it but you modify your car and you can lose warranty, meaning the company you purchased your car from no longer supports you as a service. Now lets say you modify the chip in your car, good luck selling that car after a reflash because they know you tampered with their vehicle and won't want to take the risk. Can you see where I'm going with this?

PS is discontinuing a service because you chose to modify their software, the hardware may be claimed as yours (if that even) but as long as they are sending you updates and you are accessing the PSN in any way (gaming, purchasing media, etc.) you are using their software and you have chosen to modify it which is in violation of the ToS.
Edited by DayzaStarr - 2/18/11 at 2:14pm
Dayz'd(0)
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 d0 (Batch:391A238) 3.8@1.19 vcore ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 Sapphire&Gigabyte 6950's Xfire (unlocked) OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair C300 64GB Western Digital 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 Eyefinity - (3) 22" Acer Widescreen & 40" Sony ... 
PowerCase
CORSAIR 750TX Antec Nine Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
Dayz'd(0)
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 d0 (Batch:391A238) 3.8@1.19 vcore ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 Sapphire&Gigabyte 6950's Xfire (unlocked) OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair C300 64GB Western Digital 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 Eyefinity - (3) 22" Acer Widescreen & 40" Sony ... 
PowerCase
CORSAIR 750TX Antec Nine Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayzaStarr View Post
.................................................. ..................................Double U...Tee...Ffffffffffffffffffffffff?!?! and Hitler didn't make the Holocaust happen, he didn't kill Jewish people right? He just had people do it for him so all is good. Dude, he gave them the tools and said "here go out and have fun" how the f is that not his fault.



Wrong? 9/10 times if you mod a leased car, unless your dealer is "cool" they won't let you touch that car with any major modifications. If you have paid off that car, feel free to modify it but you modify your car and you can lose warranty, meaning the company you purchased your car from no longer supports you as a service. Now lets say you modify the chip in your car, good luck selling that car after a reflash because they know you tampered with their vehicle and won't want to take the risk. Can you see where I'm going with this?

PS is discontinuing a service because you chose to modify their software, the hardware may be claimed as yours (if that even) but as long as they are sending you updates and you are accessing the PSN in any way (gaming, purchasing media, etc.) you are using their software and you have chosen to modify it which is in violation of the ToS.
Yeah but geohot didn't lease or borrow his ps3 from sony. He purchased it, as in paid in full.
Frankenstein
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 @ 4.2 GHz MSI Big Bang XPower 2x Gigabyte GTX470 SOC Corsair Dominator 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 128 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB Windows 7 64-bit Samsung PX2307 Corsair HX1000W 
CaseMouse
Haf-X Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstein
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 @ 4.2 GHz MSI Big Bang XPower 2x Gigabyte GTX470 SOC Corsair Dominator 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 128 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB Windows 7 64-bit Samsung PX2307 Corsair HX1000W 
CaseMouse
Haf-X Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 78
Don't get me wrong, im not saying it's ok to pirate anything. I just can't seem to understand how you can jailbreak/reverse engineer cell phone OS's but you can't touch the OS on the PS3.
Frankenstein
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 @ 4.2 GHz MSI Big Bang XPower 2x Gigabyte GTX470 SOC Corsair Dominator 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 128 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB Windows 7 64-bit Samsung PX2307 Corsair HX1000W 
CaseMouse
Haf-X Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstein
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-930 @ 4.2 GHz MSI Big Bang XPower 2x Gigabyte GTX470 SOC Corsair Dominator 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 128 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB Windows 7 64-bit Samsung PX2307 Corsair HX1000W 
CaseMouse
Haf-X Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 78
he should download gigs and gigs of the most messed pronz right before he ships of the HDD's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Maximum PC]Sony Will Get to Inspect PS3 Hacker's Data