Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamersMint] Will Apple be the death of handheld gaming?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GamersMint] Will Apple be the death of handheld gaming? - Page 5

post #41 of 75
Only if Apple releases an awesome gaming console, but not with this iPhone ****.
post #42 of 75
Clearly anybody who has seen the PSP NGP and is a true gamer cannot refuse, that thing looks retardedly good.

Also Ipod/phones fail at most games as touch screen buttons are a ****in pain they cover up your screen and you dont get the control like u do with an anolog stick.

sawy apple just settle for destroying the PMP market
Edited by Pwnography - 2/12/11 at 10:09am
Cheap Hooker
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 - 3570k Gigabye UD77H GTX 670  GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Patriot Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1  Samsung 830 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Plextor SSD Pioneer DVD RW H100 Win7 ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2311H Corsair K60 FSP Group 800W NZXT Phantom 410 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Everglide titan 
  hide details  
Reply
Cheap Hooker
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 - 3570k Gigabye UD77H GTX 670  GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Patriot Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1  Samsung 830 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Plextor SSD Pioneer DVD RW H100 Win7 ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2311H Corsair K60 FSP Group 800W NZXT Phantom 410 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Everglide titan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobicon View Post
I just bought a DSI and I am about to sell off my Ipod touch because DS has so much better games.

It all depends on how the DS handles music, if it does it good, consider my Ipod as good as sold.
dsi + supercard dstwo + flac = win
post #44 of 75
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by lattyware View Post
I'd actually like to see the figures. I'd imagine there are more DSs than iPhones out there.
I highly doubt that. The iPhone has been a huge success and sold millions upon millions of units. We could look it up but I would bet money the iPhone has sold more.

Also, this title is stupid, "killed hand held gaming" implies that there will be no more hand held gaming. If everyone is gaming on their iPhone then hand held gaming would be doing as good as ever.
Edited by Mygaffer - 2/12/11 at 10:18am
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
15 hours on Infinity Blade?
I mean - the game was fun for a few hours, but there is no substance to it. You do the same thing, facing the same enemies, but with different gear on. Hell - if you're good at the game you can beat the God King at like level 5. Heck I was doing ok against him on my first generation!
It doesn't matter, good graphics and solid gameplay; I like hack & slash stuff so doing it over and over again doesn't bother me (for a while). I think I got the King to level 300 or 350 (~1300 damage each hit w/ sword from him). I own all gear prior to the new stuff released, have half a mil, and I'm level ~32+.

I'm somewhat bored of it now, but they're still going to release all that new content (levels, monsters, etc.) so I'll have plenty more to play. I made a super tank on my iPad with 10k hp but it took too long to kill stuff after a while, so I made my super damage guy on my iPhone.

Quote:
Not to mention, you have no control over the game. You simply press on pre-selected spots that have pre-selected animations with pre-selected battles. You simply repeat everything dozens of times to get new gear. You don't even get to walk around or anything. That's not exactly a real game. That's a tech demo. There's a reason the game looks so good: you can't do anything in it. If you could, the game would look terrible.
Somewhat, I can dodge, parry, block, and perform different combo's on monsters. It'll be fun doing this against other players, and of course in new levels.
Remember Epic Citadel? The walk around demo? It looked brilliant and, we got to walk around

Quote:
Of course the game prices are cheaper. The games aren't really even games. You pay $4 for Devil May Cry 4 or Battlefield Bad Company 2. Both of which are like really really really lame knock offs of the real games. Sure, they're fun for what they're worth. The fact you can play them on a phone device is awesome: but..... honestly to even consider them as real games, yet alone take out portable gaming, is pretty bad.
I never said I considered those ones "real games". I'm talking about Infinity Blade, etc., and games that will come out with as good as graphics.

I'm thinking an MMO where you can play online, walk around, kill stuff, quest, but with IB graphics.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
Have you seen the supposed prices of tablet competition? I'm talking HP, Motorola, etc. And the Touch is quite reasonable, as is the iPhone compared to other smartphones. Macbooks are prohibitively expensive for some, but usually just the upper MBP models.
Even if they really are as competitive as products offered by other brands cost wise , that would be saying like "my 100% pure gold yacht is $2000 cheaper than your 98% pure gold yacht!!!1!!one" If you are wealthy enough to buy into hipster garbage like those , then the difference in cost simply doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
I'm tech savvy and prefer Apple. Ruh roh. Apple is appealing to everyone, regardless of income. This silly argument is just another way of saying Apple is appealing to *******, which is just condescending.
As they say , substance over style , your preference for a particular brand already tells me that you are not looking at things that has the best performance to price ratio to suit YOUR needs and you call yourself 'tech savvy'?

I can't really see how you could say that price isn't even a implicating factor here as a supposedly 'tech savvy' person , that's a benile and senseless claim with no logic behind it.Yes sure , i can like what i can't buy , but this statement doesn't hold any water in this argument.
Your statement is already wrong considering that apple products doesn't appeal to me , unless by everyone you just mean 'selected users from iloveapple.com'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
Just because it's not realistic for YOU, doesn't mean it's not realistic for everyone else.
Im sure its realistic for EVERYONE when they're on a 10 year leash with apple.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 75
Lolno Handheld gaming is dead already, Why does everything need a touch screen these days
Splash of blue
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4690k Asus Maximus VII Hero Titan X 16GB Kingston HyperX Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 1TB Prolimatech Megahalems Blue Windows 8.1 FTW Edition Asus PG348Q 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X Series 650w Silverstone FT05 Roccat Kone Pure Steelseries S&S 
Audio
Microlab Solo 9C 
  hide details  
Reply
Splash of blue
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4690k Asus Maximus VII Hero Titan X 16GB Kingston HyperX Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 1TB Prolimatech Megahalems Blue Windows 8.1 FTW Edition Asus PG348Q 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X Series 650w Silverstone FT05 Roccat Kone Pure Steelseries S&S 
Audio
Microlab Solo 9C 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 75
It has for me. Since getting my iDevices I have not even bothered to find where i left my psp or ds.
Macbook Pro 15in
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2.53 Ghz Logic Board Nvidia GT 330M 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Super Drive Mac OSX Leopard 10.6 15in Glossy 1680x1050 
Case
Unibody Aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
Macbook Pro 15in
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2.53 Ghz Logic Board Nvidia GT 330M 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Super Drive Mac OSX Leopard 10.6 15in Glossy 1680x1050 
Case
Unibody Aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
Throwing paper into the trash is not a game.
Yes it is. And it's fun!
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.0 ghz Acer Eiger NVidia GeForce 9600M GT 3 GB DDR2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
320 GB Western Digital Elements 1TB Laptop cooler Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 
OSMonitorMouseAudio
Ubuntu 12.10 LG Flatron M227WDP 22" A4Tech XL-747H Trust Soundforce 5.1 
Audio
Pioneer SE-M290 headphones 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz (up to 2.7GHz) NVidia GeForce GT 720M 6GB DDR3 750GB 
OSOSMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Debian LG 24EN43 24" 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.0 ghz Acer Eiger NVidia GeForce 9600M GT 3 GB DDR2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
320 GB Western Digital Elements 1TB Laptop cooler Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 
OSMonitorMouseAudio
Ubuntu 12.10 LG Flatron M227WDP 22" A4Tech XL-747H Trust Soundforce 5.1 
Audio
Pioneer SE-M290 headphones 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz (up to 2.7GHz) NVidia GeForce GT 720M 6GB DDR3 750GB 
OSOSMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Debian LG 24EN43 24" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia233 View Post
Even if they really are as competitive as products offered by other brands cost wise , that would be saying like "my 100% pure gold yacht is $2000 cheaper than your 98% pure gold yacht!!!1!!one" If you are wealthy enough to buy into hipster garbage like those , then the difference in cost simply doesn't matter.
Not really sure what you're trying to say here at all, just childish geek speak with your !!!one nonsense. But alas, my earlier point regarding the price of iPad's competitors tablets was clear.

The TouchPad by HP is rumored to start at $699.
http://www.bgr.com/2011/02/11/hp-tou...priced-at-699/

The Xoom starts at $799 (and if you want the tablet's wifi to work, you need to subscribe to a monthly cellular data plan for it to be activated).
http://www.examiner.com/gadgets-in-s...y-24th-for-800

The iPad starts at $499 and up at the moment. So you can call Apple products "hipster garbage" all you want, but you're really just shooting yourself in the foot because your argument is just straight wrong. Aside from all the cheap Chinese Android trash-tablets that are sold on eBay and Walgreens, Apple's iPad will be some of the least expensive tablets available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia233 View Post
As they say , substance over style , your preference for a particular brand already tells me that you are not looking at things that has the best performance to price ratio to suit YOUR needs and you call yourself 'tech savvy'?
You're trying to apply conventional PC buying wisdom to tablets and handhelds. It doesn't work. iPad 2 and it's modern competitors will all have virtually identical innards, just like all upper-end smartphones. The only differentiating factor aside from some physical differences is the operating system (and other minor details like one more Megapixel in the camera. Big whoop). And aside from the DS and PSP, there is no other competitor to the Touch in that form factor. Samsung will be releasing something similar but guess what, it's going to be equal to the Touch in terms of inside components. And I bet you anything that it'll cost just about the same.

I chose an iPad because I already have an iPhone. Why? Because of app compatibility. I can buy apps for the phone that work on the tablet and vice versa. And they both play quite nice with each other. So that's why I bought an AppleTV. Because it too, plays nice with the toys I already have. I'm not going to buy a mishmash of electronics that aren't designed to work together. I'm basically trying to achieve "electronic harmony" where all my gizmos that I use on a regular basis are as compatible with each other as possible - work as seamlessly together as possible - with as little tinkering as possible. I have no interest in spending time trying to get two off brands to play nice. And since my toys are on-par with their competitors in terms of hardware and everything else, it's a pretty good situation.

I wouldnt expect anyone with an Android phone to buy an iPad either. Personally I dont think it makes sense to. As I've said before in other threads, people become invested in their operating system. It's true on every platform imo.
Edited by ForumViewer - 2/12/11 at 5:54pm
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamersMint] Will Apple be the death of handheld gaming?