Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamersMint] Will Apple be the death of handheld gaming?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GamersMint] Will Apple be the death of handheld gaming? - Page 6

post #51 of 75
Back in the old days, days so old some of you might have forgotten them, in the time where +46 letter sms was considered high tech and something called a WAP lurked in the bushes. Anyhow even back then the cellphone or more precisely Nokia's cell phone were seen as a treat to handheld gaming but it was quickly asserted that the increase in gaming had no connection what so ever with anything else, gamers weren't switching sides and sure the old nokias had a resolution of 12 x 7,5 half pixels but the point still holds today and the point was that people played them to pass the time they didn't take out time to play them.

If anyone says they stopped playing handheld games when they got their smartphone I'm not going to say that they're not real gamers. I'm just gonna compare to it to the fact that i don't play with lego anymore. Personal taste changes, that doesn't mean the whole world changes, always remember that you're growing up not travelling through life on a horizontal plane with the mind of a twelwe year old(hopefully)
 
Rebeccas Dator
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro  6950 DCII G.skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 Seagate Barracuda WD Green OCZ Vertex 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H212 W7 21.5 Sidewinder x4/Lenovo with Trackpoint 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900w Define r2 MX518 Qpad 1.5mm 
Audio
Edifier R1900TII 2.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
II X4 965 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Sapphire 5770 DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500gb DVD H212 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Benq 21.5 inch X4 chieftec 650w Define mini 
Mouse
mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Rebeccas Dator
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro  6950 DCII G.skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 Seagate Barracuda WD Green OCZ Vertex 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H212 W7 21.5 Sidewinder x4/Lenovo with Trackpoint 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900w Define r2 MX518 Qpad 1.5mm 
Audio
Edifier R1900TII 2.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
II X4 965 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Sapphire 5770 DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500gb DVD H212 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Benq 21.5 inch X4 chieftec 650w Define mini 
Mouse
mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 75
Doubt it. Sony's new Android Xperia PSP phone is looking nice, but phones will never take over computers and handhelds. Many many people out there resist getting such advanced phones and prefer to just stick with the measly little phones they get for free with their plans. Not only that, but handhelds like PSP/DS target millions of children, which really have no use for a cell phone.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 75
Apple will only be the death of it's self.
post #54 of 75
Games on an iTouch/iPhone aren't real games to me. They're just little time wasters.
House heater
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k @ 3.9GHz Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Zotac GTX 980Ti ArcticStorm 16GB Corsair Dominator 2132MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB x2 Samsung F3 RAID 0 LG blu-ray burner Corsair H80 Win10 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
3x 23" LG Flatron W2361VG (sexy glossy) Hisense 55" 4k tv Logitech MX5500 Corsair 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech revolution laser (MX5500 combo) Onboard SupgremeFX 
  hide details  
Reply
House heater
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k @ 3.9GHz Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Zotac GTX 980Ti ArcticStorm 16GB Corsair Dominator 2132MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB x2 Samsung F3 RAID 0 LG blu-ray burner Corsair H80 Win10 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
3x 23" LG Flatron W2361VG (sexy glossy) Hisense 55" 4k tv Logitech MX5500 Corsair 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech revolution laser (MX5500 combo) Onboard SupgremeFX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 75
Angry Birds zomg!

Handheld gaming was never that good anyway
Nehalem
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.3GHz Evga X58 3SLI 2X SLI Evga GTX 275 FTWs 756/1620/1296 6GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHz 78720591T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
OCZ Vertex2 60GB Sony FW900 Corsair 850TX 
  hide details  
Reply
Nehalem
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.3GHz Evga X58 3SLI 2X SLI Evga GTX 275 FTWs 756/1620/1296 6GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHz 78720591T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
OCZ Vertex2 60GB Sony FW900 Corsair 850TX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 75
Gemini
(26 items)
 
 
Computer/Office
(4 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe PNY Nvidia GeForce GTX 680  CORSAIR XMS3 1333Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3R - RAID 1 (1 TB) Western Digital Green EARS (1 TB) Western Digital Green EARS (1.5 TB)  Western Digital My Passport Elite USB 2.0 (640GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital My Book Essential USB 3.0 (2 TB) LG GBC-H20L Blu-ray Asus DRW-1814BLT CORSAIR H80 Push/Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Dual 200mm Fans / Dual 120mm Fans Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Dell UltraSharp U2412M (24") - Primary Dell UltraSharp U2412M (24") - Secondary 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 CORSAIR 650D Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
XTRAC Ripper  Creative X-Fi Platinum Fatality Champion Series Sennheiser HD 595 Headphones  Logitech Z-2300 THX Cert 2.1 System 
OtherOther
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 Cyber Power CP1500AVRT 900Watt UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz Intel HM77 NVIDIA Geforce GTX 675M & Intel HD 4000 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x HGST 1TB 7200 RPM HD's RAID 0 MATSHITA BD-RE 6X Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit with Media Center 17.3" 1920x1080 Matte  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries  180 Watt A/C and 9 Cell Battery Allant Black Carrying Case for 17.3" Notebook M... Razer Orochi 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer - Kabuto DynAudio speakers and sub with Realtek HD ALC ... Asus Xonar U3 USB DAP/Sound Card w/ Sony XBA-4 ... Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 
  hide details  
Reply
Gemini
(26 items)
 
 
Computer/Office
(4 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe PNY Nvidia GeForce GTX 680  CORSAIR XMS3 1333Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3R - RAID 1 (1 TB) Western Digital Green EARS (1 TB) Western Digital Green EARS (1.5 TB)  Western Digital My Passport Elite USB 2.0 (640GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital My Book Essential USB 3.0 (2 TB) LG GBC-H20L Blu-ray Asus DRW-1814BLT CORSAIR H80 Push/Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Dual 200mm Fans / Dual 120mm Fans Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Dell UltraSharp U2412M (24") - Primary Dell UltraSharp U2412M (24") - Secondary 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 CORSAIR 650D Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
XTRAC Ripper  Creative X-Fi Platinum Fatality Champion Series Sennheiser HD 595 Headphones  Logitech Z-2300 THX Cert 2.1 System 
OtherOther
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 Cyber Power CP1500AVRT 900Watt UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz Intel HM77 NVIDIA Geforce GTX 675M & Intel HD 4000 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x HGST 1TB 7200 RPM HD's RAID 0 MATSHITA BD-RE 6X Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit with Media Center 17.3" 1920x1080 Matte  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries  180 Watt A/C and 9 Cell Battery Allant Black Carrying Case for 17.3" Notebook M... Razer Orochi 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer - Kabuto DynAudio speakers and sub with Realtek HD ALC ... Asus Xonar U3 USB DAP/Sound Card w/ Sony XBA-4 ... Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
Doubt it. Sony's new Android Xperia PSP phone is looking nice, but phones will never take over computers and handhelds. Many many people out there resist getting such advanced phones and prefer to just stick with the measly little phones they get for free with their plans. Not only that, but handhelds like PSP/DS target millions of children, which really have no use for a cell phone.
Except for the little fact that the video game generation are now in their 30's to 50's and are one of the main audiences buying games now. All the older original players of Atari, etc are buying tons of games.

Granted kids are a huge source for money, but there are genres where 18+ still dominate, like MMO's.
Gemini
(26 items)
 
 
Computer/Office
(4 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe PNY Nvidia GeForce GTX 680  CORSAIR XMS3 1333Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3R - RAID 1 (1 TB) Western Digital Green EARS (1 TB) Western Digital Green EARS (1.5 TB)  Western Digital My Passport Elite USB 2.0 (640GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital My Book Essential USB 3.0 (2 TB) LG GBC-H20L Blu-ray Asus DRW-1814BLT CORSAIR H80 Push/Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Dual 200mm Fans / Dual 120mm Fans Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Dell UltraSharp U2412M (24") - Primary Dell UltraSharp U2412M (24") - Secondary 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 CORSAIR 650D Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
XTRAC Ripper  Creative X-Fi Platinum Fatality Champion Series Sennheiser HD 595 Headphones  Logitech Z-2300 THX Cert 2.1 System 
OtherOther
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 Cyber Power CP1500AVRT 900Watt UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz Intel HM77 NVIDIA Geforce GTX 675M & Intel HD 4000 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x HGST 1TB 7200 RPM HD's RAID 0 MATSHITA BD-RE 6X Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit with Media Center 17.3" 1920x1080 Matte  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries  180 Watt A/C and 9 Cell Battery Allant Black Carrying Case for 17.3" Notebook M... Razer Orochi 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer - Kabuto DynAudio speakers and sub with Realtek HD ALC ... Asus Xonar U3 USB DAP/Sound Card w/ Sony XBA-4 ... Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 
  hide details  
Reply
Gemini
(26 items)
 
 
Computer/Office
(4 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe PNY Nvidia GeForce GTX 680  CORSAIR XMS3 1333Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3R - RAID 1 (1 TB) Western Digital Green EARS (1 TB) Western Digital Green EARS (1.5 TB)  Western Digital My Passport Elite USB 2.0 (640GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital My Book Essential USB 3.0 (2 TB) LG GBC-H20L Blu-ray Asus DRW-1814BLT CORSAIR H80 Push/Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Dual 200mm Fans / Dual 120mm Fans Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Dell UltraSharp U2412M (24") - Primary Dell UltraSharp U2412M (24") - Secondary 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 CORSAIR 650D Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
XTRAC Ripper  Creative X-Fi Platinum Fatality Champion Series Sennheiser HD 595 Headphones  Logitech Z-2300 THX Cert 2.1 System 
OtherOther
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 Cyber Power CP1500AVRT 900Watt UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz Intel HM77 NVIDIA Geforce GTX 675M & Intel HD 4000 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x HGST 1TB 7200 RPM HD's RAID 0 MATSHITA BD-RE 6X Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit with Media Center 17.3" 1920x1080 Matte  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries  180 Watt A/C and 9 Cell Battery Allant Black Carrying Case for 17.3" Notebook M... Razer Orochi 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer - Kabuto DynAudio speakers and sub with Realtek HD ALC ... Asus Xonar U3 USB DAP/Sound Card w/ Sony XBA-4 ... Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrilmak View Post
Except for the little fact that the video game generation are now in their 30's to 50's and are one of the main audiences buying games now. All the older original players of Atari, etc are buying tons of games.

Granted kids are a huge source for money, but there are genres where 18+ still dominate, like MMO's.
Not arguing that, I was mostly referring to handhelds though. (At least in my case) I very rarely see an adult holding a gaming handheld.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
Not really sure what you're trying to say here at all, just childish geek speak with your !!!one nonsense. But alas, my earlier point regarding the price of iPad's competitors tablets was clear.

The TouchPad by HP is rumored to start at $699.
http://www.bgr.com/2011/02/11/hp-tou...priced-at-699/

The Xoom starts at $799 (and if you want the tablet's wifi to work, you need to subscribe to a monthly cellular data plan for it to be activated).
http://www.examiner.com/gadgets-in-s...y-24th-for-800

The iPad starts at $499 and up at the moment. So you can call Apple products "hipster garbage" all you want, but you're really just shooting yourself in the foot because your argument is just straight wrong. Aside from all the cheap Chinese Android trash-tablets that are sold on eBay and Walgreens, Apple's iPad will be some of the least expensive tablets available.
At least i don't tout my opinions as facts.To reinstate my point , having anything other than basic necessities are a luxury to begin with.However 'cheap' those iPad tablets compared to their competitors are , the fact is that you can live without the extra features , functions and a larger screen and settle with a normal phone.Now if you were able to shell out money and buy a tablet outright without any contracts attached , what would another few hundred dollars be worth to you?

If your reply was that it would matter, that would just mean that the cost of these tablets DOES indeed affect their opinion , regardless of how appealing apple's products might be , then i see no point in apple having 'world wide appeal' if their products doesn't sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
You're trying to apply conventional PC buying wisdom to tablets and handhelds. It doesn't work. iPad 2 and it's modern competitors will all have virtually identical innards, just like all upper-end smartphones. The only differentiating factor aside from some physical differences is the operating system (and other minor details like one more Megapixel in the camera. Big whoop). And aside from the DS and PSP, there is no other competitor to the Touch in that form factor. Samsung will be releasing something similar but guess what, it's going to be equal to the Touch in terms of inside components. And I bet you anything that it'll cost just about the same.
If it does indeed offer "near identical" components , then most people would go for the cheapest in this case.But there must be reason for its price tag no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
I chose an iPad because I already have an iPhone. Why? Because of app compatibility. I can buy apps for the phone that work on the tablet and vice versa. And they both play quite nice with each other. So that's why I bought an AppleTV. Because it too, plays nice with the toys I already have. I'm not going to buy a mishmash of electronics that aren't designed to work together. I'm basically trying to achieve "electronic harmony" where all my gizmos that I use on a regular basis are as compatible with each other as possible - work as seamlessly together as possible - with as little tinkering as possible. I have no interest in spending time trying to get two off brands to play nice. And since my toys are on-par with their competitors in terms of hardware and everything else, it's a pretty good situation.
I have no qualms about that since it was a marketing tool from the start to encourage you to buy their other devices.The only edge they have is that its simple and easy to use per say , though it is also their downfall.With a streamlined experienced comes at a cost of a streamlined package , there is no 'reward' for messing around with what they have.Getting back on topic , this would mean one of few things:

-limited options
-default OS
-no cross platform integration

and a few more others.This would mean that devs would have to work in compliance to how apple wants it to work and as you can see , there is already enough trouble with mac gaming already.As mentioned in the article , there are reasons why they were doing so well and yet not so well.Why? because a device with the capable hardware is nothing without the , ala free use of software and hence you are pretty much the prime target audience for apple(due to said bolded statement) so if you like it , good for you.
Edited by chia233 - 2/12/11 at 7:41pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia233 View Post
At least i don't tout my opinions as facts.To reinstate my point , having anything other than basic necessities are a luxury to begin with.However 'cheap' those iPad tablets compared to their competitors are , the fact is that you can live without the extra features , functions and a larger screen and settle with a normal phone.Now if you were able to shell out money and buy a tablet outright without any contracts attached , what would another few hundred dollars be worth to you?
He didn't either. He presented you with 'hard evidence' so to speak. Your argument is falling apart. Comparing a 'cheaper' tablet to an iPad or a Xoom isn't really a comparison at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia233 View Post
If it does indeed offer "near identical" components , then most people would go for the cheapest in this case.But there must be reason for its price tag no?
People have preferences surely, don't they? If something just works or is know to be simplistic while still retaining appeal, form and functionality, why would they settle for the cheaper one? You're not going to go with what's cheapest for your PC, but for what the best parts are in your price range.
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX Titan X Pascal + Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H Razer Blackwidow X TE Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NCASE M1 [v5] G403 Wireless QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DGR [144hz] KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX Titan X Pascal + Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H Razer Blackwidow X TE Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NCASE M1 [v5] G403 Wireless QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DGR [144hz] KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamersMint] Will Apple be the death of handheld gaming?