Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Another Corsair CX430 review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another Corsair CX430 review - Page 5  

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
You need to drop that rotten attitude.

You're gonna have to point out where I've been "trolling" Corsair threads, because I've done nothing of the sort. There is no need to act like I hate Corsair because that's completely untrue, infact I have a HX450 powering my rig and a spare TX650 right beside me.

I do appreciate that you are a Corsair customer. Your patronage pays my wages. I have seen your posts supporting us and also that are you in the PSU owners club thread. As for the terms I used, "trolling" may not be accurate. However, I think "Broken Record" is accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
This comment irks the hell out of me. It's like you're saying somebody that only needs about 400w of power should settle for a far inferior product rated at 30c. High quality isn't only for people that use power hungry components.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
What peeves me off the most is that the CX400 is discontinued and there will most likely be no more high quality low wattage units. Honestly, why should people have to settle for lower quality just because they don't require loads of watts?
You have made your point several times. I just don't understand the need to keep making it even after the information much of these posts are based on and used to bash Corsair and the CX430 has been proven to be false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
Your attitude here on OCN (especially in this thread), plus the same attitude over in the Corsair Forums is exactly why I stopped purchasing Corsair products a few years ago. It isn't doing your cause or your company any favors to act like that. The fact that your superiors at Corsair allow you to act in such a manner shows how little they respect their end customers.
I think my attitude in this thread is commensurate with the treatment that my company has received at this forum. My initial registration and presence here was to deal with a customer complaint. Since that time, a few core members have taken threads just like this one and run it into the ground. But, I think I am making some progress with some of them.

I don't enjoy threads like this. But, it is my duty at some point to draw a line in the sand so that we can all try to clear the air. This stuff gets old fast and has been lingering since last year. 2 reviews refuting a lot of what has been said about Corsair have done little to help the situation. People are still using this situation as an excuse to pad their post count and keep this crap alive for reasons that escape me. This CX430 horse is dust and bones.
post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
I think you're forgetting quality doesn't necessarily mean just performance, there's build quality aswell. A PSU can have good build quality and only mediocre performance, and vice versa.

Complete and utter nonsense. An enthusiast isn't necessarily somebody that runs 1000 watts worth of hardware. I run a HX450... does that mean I'm not an enthusiast?
The fact is that there is no market for products like that. The HX450 was an impressive piece of hardware....but if you feel like upgrading your rig...you can't. So, lets face it: I'm not saying you are not an enthusiast (sorry If I offended you somehow ), I'm saying 99.99% of people like us will buy a bigger psu at the expense of paying more just for future-sake because, you buy a 450w high quality psu when you are certain about what kind of computer you will run today, and tomorrow, which is something most of us are not certain most of the time.
Don't get me wrong though...when my mom asked me for a new computer I put an Enermax pro 82+ 425W into it, but only because I know for certain that she won't need more power. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
It isn't that they are making or marketing the CX430, only that unlike their economy ram which is clearly labeled "ValueSelect", the CX430 isn't. THAT is the problem. If they had just done the ETHICAL and HONORABLE thing and clearly labeled it as a value line product there wouldn't be such a fuss.
I don't see no problem whatsoever. If you take a look at Corsair page, you will see that all series are clearly differentiated.

The CX one, for example, is labeled as BUILDER SERIES:
Quote:
The Corsair Builder Series delivers worry-free compatibility for your home system build or desktop upgrade. This value power supply has features normally reserved only for premium power supplies.
On the box itself you can see this:



How can you talk about mislabelling when its clearly written that this is an entry level psu?
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
post #43 of 56
Aah god more of this... Corsair's never marketed this as a premium power supply. It's been marketed and labeled as a value power supply, which it is.. I honestly don't see an issue with the unit myself it does what it's supposed to do at a good price.
post #44 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post
The fact is that there is no market for products like that. The HX450 was an impressive piece of hardware....but if you feel like upgrading your rig...you can't. So, lets face it: I'm not saying you are not an enthusiast (sorry If I offended you somehow ), I'm saying 99.99% of people like us will buy a bigger psu at the expense of paying more just for future-sake because, you buy a 450w high quality psu when you are certain about what kind of computer you will run today, and tomorrow, which is something most of us are not certain most of the time.
Don't get me wrong though...when my mom asked me for a new computer I put an Enermax pro 82+ 425W into it, but only because I know for certain that she won't need more power. Ever.
I cant upgrade? So I couldn't for example run a 6950 on my HX450? That would be a huge upgrade to my 4850.

Upgrading does not necessarily mean running SLI GTX 580's, you need to get that mentality out of your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
You have made your point several times. I just don't understand the need to keep making it even after the information much of these posts are based on and used to bash Corsair and the CX430 has been proven to be false.
You almost make it sound like I've been saying it over and over again. Twice is hardly something to make a fuss over.
Edited by GameBoy - 2/16/11 at 2:02pm
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
post #45 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
I cant upgrade? So I couldn't for example run a 6950 on my HX450? That would be a huge upgrade to my 4850.

Upgrading does not necessarily mean running SLI GTX 580's, you need to get that mentality out of your head.
I, for one, hate noisy power supplies. That's why I try to have some headroom into mine, not only because you get better efficiency this way, but because its less noisy.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post
I, for one, hate noisy power supplies. That's why I try to have some headroom into mine, not only because you get better efficiency this way, but because its less noisy.
Speak for yourself next time, instead of stating things like "we" or "99% of people". If I added a 6950 to my rig, under normal gaming load conditions, I would be below 350WDC.

Read this before you confuse yourself on the aspect of efficiency.
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
post #47 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Speak for yourself next time, instead of stating things like "we" or "99% of people". If I added a 6950 to my rig, under normal gaming load conditions, I would be below 350WDC.

Read this before you confuse yourself on the aspect of efficiency.
Don't need to, as I know how it works.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
post #48 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post
Don't need to, as I know how it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post
That's why I try to have some headroom into mine, not only because you get better efficiency this way
Explain.
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
post #49 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post
I, for one, hate noisy power supplies. That's why I try to have some headroom into mine, not only because you get better efficiency this way, but because its less noisy.
yeah my power supply gets 100% efficiency.
post #50 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Believe it or not, enthusiasts are not the center of the computing universe. In fact, I have heard numbers starting as high as 3% and going down from there. For every guy that builds and OCs his own system, there's 97 or more people that are perfectly happy to buy a Dell. When their Dell needs a replacement PSU, or when Joe Consumer wants to upgrade his GPU a little bit, there is a huge need for a PSU that meets the CX430 spex.
This is probably the best thing I've ever read on the forums for a while.

And I completely agree. I can't find anything wrong about the CX430 for what it is intended to offer. It's cheap and it works. If I was building a PC for someone who just needs a PC, or a light gaming computer, I sure as hell will chose this.

Not every computer gamer is an enthusiast, nor is every computer user.

When I first started building my computers, I used a 550W Rosewill brand PSU. Hell, the PCI-E connectors wouldn't even fit in a PCI-E powered video card, I had to use an adapter for 4pin MOLEX. But hey, it got the job done and served me well for 4 years straight.

Just because a PSU doesn't meet the gold rating of some other $200 PSU doesn't make it bad. Now if it explodes all the time, then sure, it's pretty bad.
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Another Corsair CX430 review