Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Gtx 590 & amd 6990
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gtx 590 & amd 6990 - Page 12  

post #111 of 148
Buddy,
I had to sell my most recent rig... And lots of parts for my SigRig build.

Long story short, there gone.

So now im using my budget gaming build until i have the funds to purchase my new build.

Which will definetly consist of a 6990 or a GTX590, if they are worth it.
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
post #112 of 148
After reading all 12 pages...

My conclusion:

OP is an idiot (not offense) who simply stated false information in 90% of his posts.

ATi/Nvidia's Dual GPU cards are all rumor based -- no hard facts for anything until THEY say so.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
post #113 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
haha I just think that better opportunities to spend some money will open like Kepler.
Pumpkin when I look at your system the first thing that comes to mind is budget.
Why do you defend a point standing for the most overpriced piece of hardware ever produced?

Also you shouldn´t be so sure that you will even be able to buy one^^
http://www.geeks3d.com/20110202/gefo...-very-limited/

A normal GTX 580 with midrange overclock draws 350 watts of power lol imagine what the GTX 590 will consume. Do you really consider such a power consumption reasonable?
Well, id probably be getting a 6990 then wont i?

It seems like Nvidia, is going all out on performance but not budget wise thinking.

This will leave a huge market for the 6990, i think it will sell more.
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
post #114 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post
After reading all 12 pages...

My conclusion:

OP is an idiot (not offense) who simply stated false information in 90% of his posts.

ATi/Nvidia's Dual GPU cards are all rumor based -- no hard facts for anything until THEY say so.
I tried to only state based on validated facts.
I call them facts because the company released the information themselves.
I do feel offended and I do not believe you understood half you were reading.
Nonetheless everybody their own oppinion haha.

Pumpkin you are exactly right.
Yes ...due to these negative factors regarding the GTX 590 marketing statistics rise for the AMD 6990 ...still a Dual Card ...and therefore redundant !in my oppinion!^^

But did you read this?http://www.geeks3d.com/20110202/gefo...-very-limited/
350 Watt of power consumption for an averagly overclocked 580 ...I know you can´t take the consumption rate to the double considering the GTX 590 because Dual architecture is much more complex...but lets say hypothetically 700Watts of power ??^^ and if you are intending to overclock it Oo?
Edited by Kung Pow - 2/18/11 at 2:15pm
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #115 of 148
I only plan on having one card.

It's better than 2xOC'ed 580's.

I will be buying a AX1200 anyway.
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
post #116 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Pumpkin View Post
I only plan on having one card.

It's better than 2xOC'ed 580's.

I will be buying a AX1200 anyway.
Even though this wasn´t asked I strongly doubt that it will outperform SLI 580 because this card had to be restricted at all ends.
Based on our knowledge of the GTX 295 we can say that the Dual Card architecture even restrains the full potential of both cards and does not enable it to perform on actual SLI level.

Normally electric bill is a point not worth putting into consideration.
But with an estimated not yet confirmed but to be considered power consumption level of 700 Watts + you should seriously think about that factor.
And since you are a member of an Overclocking Enthusiast forum I am sure that you or anyone else will intend to overclock the card(doesn´t really matter if you choose GTX 590 or 6990).
Just imagining what consumption level this will result in begs to question the intent of buying one of those things.
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #117 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
I tried to only state based on validated facts.
I call them facts because the company released the information themselves.
I do feel offended and I do not believe you understood half you were reading.
Nonetheless everybody their own oppinion haha.

Pumpkin you are exactly right.
Yes ...due to these negative factors regarding the GTX 590 marketing statistics rise for the AMD 6990 ...still a Dual Card ...and therefore redundant !in my oppinion!^^

But did you read this?http://www.geeks3d.com/20110202/gefo...-very-limited/
350 Watt of power consumption for an averagly overclocked 580 ...I know you can´t take the consumption rate to the double considering the GTX 590 because Dual architecture is much more complex...but lets say hypothetically 700Watts of power ??^^ and if you are intending to overclock it Oo?
Well here is the first false information --
Quote:
Based on the price of a single GTX 580 which would be approximately 622 dollars
The GTX 580 is NOT 622$. Idk where you are looking but it's $500 and even CAD it's not $622

2......
Quote:
Overclocking the GTX 595 will be a no go keep that in mind ...because its clocks are just as low to pass PCI consumption regulations ..if you raise voltage of the card or just overclock ...it will be unstable because of one PCI slot cannot supply it with enough power....wait for Kepler
Clearly, you should read up on how all that works -- A 5970 was right at its limit and you could overclock it to 5870x2 speeds, easily, breaking the threshold. Overlcocking the GPU has little to NO bearing on the PCI slot.

It won't be unstable....

3..........
Quote:
There is absolutely no rational or reasonable point in purchasing either the GTX 590 or AMD 6990.

The reason why companies offer a Dual Card solution is because a new generation or series of cards is about to be released and they desperately want to dispose of the remaining inventory of old cards.

Both GPU´s consume way to much energy and just do not offer what should be expected by a product in such a price range.

In not even 3-4 months Nvidia Kepler and AMD 7000 series of cards will hit the market for persumeably the same price if not less ,twice or even triple the performance and less than half the power consumption in two words just more efficient.
Buying either one of those old gen underprivileged cards would be completely redundant and uncalled for.

All this hype and PR is caused by Nvidia and AMD to seduce the shallow minds in buying one of their overpriced old series **** cards which have only one good thing about them ...advertisement.

So be patient and wait until the new generation of GPUs arrive.
There is every rational reason to buy a GTX 590 or a 6990 -- Some people (like myself) treat PC building as a hobby and will gladly drop 800$ into a GPU and watch it get outdated in a year. It's a 'hobby'. And what's a hobby when you don't spend the money?

You are so totally wrong about companies offering a dual card to 'get rid of their old stuff' seeming as the dual cards come out only a couple months after the initial release of a new generation of a card. It's for the enthusiasts to purchase, that's why they are there.

As for power consumption -- If you can afford a dual GPU card, you can certainly afford the power requirements, and actually the power requirements are better. A dual GPU card is nearly as strong as 2 high end cards in SLI/Crossfire -- Getting a dual GPU (single) card lowers the power requirements.

Lastly, the new Nvidia/ATI cards are definitely NOT confirmed by their respective manufacturers (AKA them)

====================

Should I continue quoting your BS? I think that's enough, you get the point
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
post #118 of 148
If either of these units cost more than 2 of the counterparts 6970 and 580 then they are a big waste of time. Honestly I would spend at least $100 more and so I would buy a 6990 @ $599 or less and a 590 at $899 or less.

If the 590 comes in at well less than 900 it will be a great buy.
Mixed Bag
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X 4600Mhz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 1080 Ti FE HyperX 12-13-13 @2400Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 x64 ASUS ROG PG279Q Black 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K95 RGB EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair RGB 
Mouse Pad
Some naked Anime with a plump butt 
  hide details  
Mixed Bag
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X 4600Mhz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 1080 Ti FE HyperX 12-13-13 @2400Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 x64 ASUS ROG PG279Q Black 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K95 RGB EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair RGB 
Mouse Pad
Some naked Anime with a plump butt 
  hide details  
post #119 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post
Well here is the first false information --

The GTX 580 is NOT 622$. Idk where you are looking but it's $500 and even CAD it's not $622

I strongly believe you do not know the meaning of the word approximately

2......

Clearly, you should read up on how all that works -- A 5970 was right at its limit and you could overclock it to 5870x2 speeds, easily, breaking the threshold. Overlcocking the GPU has little to NO bearing on the PCI slot.

It won't be unstable....

They are still working to pass it through PCI regulation and Dual Cards always have tendencies to instability just research the GTX 295 a little
If you read my previous post you would see that I posted a link that shows how much watt a single 580 draws from the PSU...if possible calculate what two will result in

3..........

There is every rational reason to buy a GTX 590 or a 6990 -- Some people (like myself) treat PC building as a hobby and will gladly drop 800$ into a GPU and watch it get outdated in a year. It's a 'hobby'. And what's a hobby when you don't spend the money?


Obviously you failed to comprehend the main essence of that statement and again the meaning of a word.
You might wanna google the word "rational" geez....


You are so totally wrong about companies offering a dual card to 'get rid of their old stuff' seeming as the dual cards come out only a couple months after the initial release of a new generation of a card. It's for the enthusiasts to purchase, that's why they are there.

Again your sentences consit of no actual statement just pointless,senselsess blubbering for what you believe to be right...and that last one clearly depicts the behavior of the ignorant consumer I explained in my earlier posts lol.


As for power consumption -- If you can afford a dual GPU card, you can certainly afford the power requirements, and actually the power requirements are better. A dual GPU card is nearly as strong as 2 high end cards in SLI/Crossfire -- Getting a dual GPU (single) card lowers the power requirements.

Power requirements can only be high or low
First time I have read something that is true..yes the performance of a dual card will always be inferior to a SLI setup.
But your implication that being able to afford a dual card also makes someone not care about power consumption and therefore the electric bill is false.As it are exactly people like you that are absolutely unaware and later complain.


Lastly, the new Nvidia/ATI cards are definitely NOT confirmed by their respective manufacturers (AKA them)

====================

Should I continue quoting your BS? I think that's enough, you get the point
This display of complete unawarness and ignorance has amused me very much

Oh yeah and Pumpkin I am not your buddy...friend^^
Edited by Kung Pow - 2/18/11 at 8:58pm
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #120 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
This display of complete unawarness and ignorance has amused me very much

Oh yeah and Pumpkin I am not your buddy ....guy^^
You're kidding me, right?

Approximately... you don't know what that means?

From Wiki "(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct; "lasted approximately an hour"; "in just about a minute"; "he's about 30 years old"; "I've had about all I can stand"; "we meet about once a month"; "some forty people came"; "weighs around a hundred pounds"; "roughly $3,000"; "holds 3 ..."

So... a $500 is 'approximately' $622????????? Wow. He's.... soo....smart

/Sarcasm -- That's not even a CLOSE approximation. That's WAY off. That's off by nearly 20% (20% is an approximation, buddy)

-----------

The GTX 295 is a fail dual GPU card, just like most of Nvidia's Dual GPU cards -- Hot and instable. Did you see a problem with the 5970? Did you see a problem with the 4870x2? Or the 3870x2?...

NOPE

And pass WHAT through? That's irrelevant to the point I was making

--------

From Wiki on "Rational" -- "consistent with or based on or using reason; "rational behavior"; "a process of rational inference"; "rational thought" "

Clearly, I understood what it means. Your reading comprehension is very lack luster. Are you 12?

----------

Next.."My sentences have no statement"

So, me stating that you are wrong by 'stating' that dual GPU cards are used to get rid of outdated cards? Despite them coming out about 1-2 months after the cards initial release? That's not a statement... damn, I'm SOOO dumb.

Please what's a statement?

--------

Last point, A dual GPU card performs on part with a sli/crossfire (atleast for ATI) and draws less power in running it. That is an advantage. If you didnt' want to use that much power but wanted to have 'nearly' the same performance (hey look, that's another approximation) as sli/crossfire, you'd get a dual GPU card.

---------------------------------------

Sorry, not trying to hi jack the thread or make you look bad. But the more you continue the dumber I'm becoming bringing myself to your level
Edited by Balsagna - 2/18/11 at 9:06pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Gtx 590 & amd 6990