Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Gtx 590 & amd 6990
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gtx 590 & amd 6990 - Page 14  

post #131 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFY View Post
There is no way that nvidia would release a card that draws 700watts, you would need 3 power supplies if you had a high end build like a SR-2.



NO NO NO to 700watts
Don't even waste your time trying to reason with this fool.

He thinks that because PCI-e specs don't allow for any more than 300w in one card that the cards will become instable. LMAO.

And second of all Mr. Kung Pow the results you saw that showed 350w at load were with the power limiter disabled, which has been shown not to make a slight bit of difference in the successful overclocking of the 580. So no, you don't take the 350w you saw on some website and multiply it by two. Because they won't be fully clocked to begin with.

You have the whole internet at your fingertips yet you spew absolute crap all over the place, especially when you have no idea what the hell it is you are talking about.

Learn to use the internet to your advantage, not make yourself look like an idiot.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
post #132 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
Don't even waste your time trying to reason with this fool.

He thinks that because PCI-e specs don't allow for any more than 300w in one card that the cards will become instable. LMAO.

And second of all Mr. Kung Pow the results you saw that showed 350w at load were with the power limiter disabled, which has been shown not to make a slight bit of difference in the successful overclocking of the 580. So no, you don't take the 350w you saw on some website and multiply it by two. Because they won't be fully clocked to begin with.

You have the whole internet at your fingertips yet you spew absolute crap all over the place, especially when you have no idea what the hell it is you are talking about.

Learn to use the internet to your advantage, not make yourself look like an idiot.
^^ This
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
post #133 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post
Whatever you say, it's your world. We just live in it
Read post #122 again you might find some useful answers.

Come on I was just kidding because I couldn´t take you seriously based on what you said?
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #134 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
Don't even waste your time trying to reason with this fool.

He thinks that because PCI-e specs don't allow for any more than 300w in one card that the cards will become instable. LMAO.

And second of all Mr. Kung Pow the results you saw that showed 350w at load were with the power limiter disabled, which has been shown not to make a slight bit of difference in the successful overclocking of the 580. So no, you don't take the 350w you saw on some website and multiply it by two. Because they won't be fully clocked to begin with.

You have the whole internet at your fingertips yet you spew absolute crap all over the place, especially when you have no idea what the hell it is you are talking about.

Learn to use the internet to your advantage, not make yourself look like an idiot.
1.)I am sure you have been PM´ed right now^^
2.)I merely said that Nvidia was still trying to make the card pass through PCI regulation I never said this was in any relation to power consumption?
Just that overclocking would be a pain but no problem your insults only reflect your own stupidity
3.)One more aggressive child embarrassing himself? Obviously your internet is not on your fingertips because if it was you would know that power limiter strongly restrains the max overclock and doesn´t really save that much energy.
4.)Ironically one thread beneath "580 just melted" omg you and coala bear pl think before you talk omg
Edited by Kung Pow - 2/18/11 at 9:52pm
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #135 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
Read post #122 again you might find some useful answers.

Come on I was just kidding because I couldn´t take you seriously based on what you said?
But but, I'm not smart -- I don't know English beyond a 12 yr old. I don't know what a statement is, nor an approximation. I didn't know a 4870x2 was the same performance as 2x 4870's and used less power (than the crossfire)

I also didn't know that this thread was GTX 590 vs ATI 6990 making it also an ATI thread.

.... oh wait

Nah, I'm done with the thread -- I learned to not debate with a troll. Hopefully it gets locked so people actually seeking useful information will stay clear from you
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
post #136 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
1.)I am sure you have been PM´ed right now^^
2.)I merely said that Nvidia was still trying to make the card pass through PCI regulation I never said this was in any relation to power consumption?
Just that overclocking would be a pain but no problem your insults only reflect your own stupidity
Actually I haven't been. And if that's in reference for you trying to get a mod to give me an infraction you'd be an idiot for saying that in a post. Nothing I said was against Terms of Service of this website. So have fun toying with that idea. As a matter of fact doing so put you in violation of Terms of Service.

Quote:
Post questions/remarks pertaining to infractions, warnings or deleted posts. Please contact overclock.net staff directly.
Then what was with all that BS about this card drawing 700w on it's own accord.

You are making less and less sense at the posts go on. I think someone needs to take a nap mister.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
post #137 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
1.)I am sure you have been PM´ed right now^^
2.)I merely said that Nvidia was still trying to make the card pass through PCI regulation I never said this was in any relation to power consumption?
Just that overclocking would be a pain but no problem your insults only reflect your own stupidity
3.)One more aggressive child embarrassing himself? Obviously your internet is not on your fingertips because if it was you would know that power limiter strongly restrains the max overclock and doesn´t really save that much energy.
4.)Ironically one thread beneath "580 just melted" omg you and coala bear pl think before you talk omg
@Balsagna
haha omg if people would like to research of someone with no arguements fully embarrassed by himself and his stupid statements saying his last pathetic words ...and having to refer to me as a troll just because he is finshed here you go
Edited by Kung Pow - 2/18/11 at 10:02pm
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #138 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
Actually I haven't been. And if that's in reference for you trying to get a mod to give me an infraction you'd be an idiot for saying that in a post. Nothing I said was against Terms of Service of this website. So have fun toying with that idea. As a matter of fact doing so put you in violation of Terms of Service.



Then what was with all that BS about this card drawing 700w on it's own accord.

You are making less and less sense at the posts go on. I think someone needs to take a nap mister.
Read closely before you respond omg your associate had the same problem and look at him now xD

I specifically said hypothetically ...and approximately ..if you are on the same mental niveau as your friend here .which I strongly imply ...you might wanna google the aforementioned terms as well.
Edited by Kung Pow - 2/18/11 at 10:00pm
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #139 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
Read closelybefore you respond omg your associate had the same problem and look at him now xD

I specifically said hypothetically ...and approximately ..if you are on the same mental niveau as your friend here .which I strongly imply ...you might wanna google the aforementioned terms as well.
Look at him now? He's posted pages upon pages of posts that actually make sense, both grammatically and cognitively.

Saying "hypothetically" doesn't give you free reign to make stupid statements Mr Kung Pow. We all know that 350w x 2 = 700w. But even you said that those cards were OVERCLOCKED and had OCP removed, where the 590 will be neither.

So what was your little comment about being PM'd about?
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
post #140 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
Look at him now? He's posted pages upon pages of posts that actually make sense, both grammatically and cognitively.

Saying "hypothetically" doesn't give you free reign to make stupid statements Mr Kung Pow. We all know that 350w x 2 = 700w. But even you said that those cards were OVERCLOCKED and had OCP removed, where the 590 will be neither.

So what was your little comment about being PM'd about?
Probably trying to grow his E-Peen after a the little bear made him look like an idiot in several posts

Oh..
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Gtx 590 & amd 6990