Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case Labs Owners Club - Page 1478

post #14771 of 22267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

AFAIK they only use prismatic powders

Correct, the Gunmetal powder coating they use is Prismatic Powders Riverstone!
post #14772 of 22267
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

I just got back home so it won't be available now itself from me. But Scott seems to have seen them, and perhaps has pics as well?


Here is the one pic i have

post #14773 of 22267
Oh that looks sweet thumb.gif
post #14774 of 22267
Love the new Monsoon reservoirs! Any idea when they are expected to be on sale? Could use them in my SMA8 that's on order.
post #14775 of 22267
Sloppy paint job on a Asus Matrix 780Ti...at least better than the previous red, it fits nicely with the case colors.









Sorry for the ****ty pics
post #14776 of 22267
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCautiousOne View Post

@Gabrielzm Might be able to toss you a close enough Idea

TCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

AFAIK they only use prismatic powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackvette94 View Post

Correct, the Gunmetal powder coating they use is Prismatic Powders Riverstone!


Thanks all! I'll check that out.
post #14777 of 22267
Hi all,

I have a couple question to the owners of the S3.
I'm planning to do a build with this case (~4 weeks to delivery) and will reuse a couple of already owned parts e.g. 140mm Monsta rad.

Therefore I had the idea to place the rad where normally the PSU is placed. At this location there are already the hole available, but are those compatible / alignt with the 140 mm fan?



Since the PSU chamber will be populated by Monsta I wanted to place the PSU (SilverStone SX500-LG ) into the drive bay chamber.
Now the drive bay chamber is 57 mm deep and the PSU height is 63.5 mm, so I need to find the space of additional 7.5 mm. The part of it could come from the side panel depht. Dopse anyone know how much I get there?

post #14778 of 22267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiobe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

zmRi94xl.jpg
I can understand fill ports on top of a side mounted reservoir is good, but all ports on top? It would not take much before you get air drawn back into the loop.

I designed reservoirs just like that, except without the center tube. The rods would act as mini reservoirs. These are awesome, may have to buy
post #14779 of 22267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origondoo View Post


Therefore I had the idea to place the rad where normally the PSU is placed. At this location there are already the hole available, but are those compatible / alignt with the 140 mm fan?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Since the PSU chamber will be populated by Monsta I wanted to place the PSU (SilverStone SX500-LG ) into the drive bay chamber.
Now the drive bay chamber is 57 mm deep and the PSU height is 63.5 mm, so I need to find the space of additional 7.5 mm. The part of it could come from the side panel depht. Dopse anyone know how much I get there?


Silverstone SFX? It will fit in the drive bay for the S5...






But it's pretty tight to get in past the lip on the mid-chassis and bottom plate. Presuming the S3 & S5's drive chambers are the same height, then to use the area out to the door for you will require a serious amount of cutting to these plus a chunk out of the rear panel as well. The vent area on the S5 was just about right for the PSU, but on an S3 you'll almost need to cut the side out completely. The 'better' option if you really need to do this might be to go the other way and remove the rear section of the mid-chassis so the PSU can extend towards the original location.

What do you plan for the flexbays? Depending on what you're doing there, what about the forwards fan hole in the bottom, seeing that it is 140mm?
post #14780 of 22267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclsyr View Post

Silverstone SFX? It will fit in the drive bay for the S5...






But it's pretty tight to get in past the lip on the mid-chassis and bottom plate. Presuming the S3 & S5's drive chambers are the same height, then to use the area out to the door for you will require a serious amount of cutting to these plus a chunk out of the rear panel as well. The vent area on the S5 was just about right for the PSU, but on an S3 you'll almost need to cut the side out completely. The 'better' option if you really need to do this might be to go the other way and remove the rear section of the mid-chassis so the PSU can extend towards the original location.

What do you plan for the flexbays? Depending on what you're doing there, what about the forwards fan hole in the bottom, seeing that it is 140mm?


For the FlexBay I planned to go for the 240mm rad, AMS from Aquacomputer, which is 63.5mm thick. So there will be no space for the 140mm Monsta in the front.

Regarding the PSU: I already realised that I need to make a cut out on the lips. The question is if it's enough.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club