Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case Labs Owners Club - Page 1568

post #15671 of 22194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

My X2M should be shipping soon. I will be putting my 6 HDD NAS in it using CL's HDD holders. The X2M has 6 5.25" drive bays. These hot swaps (kingwin) can hold 4 HDDs and use 3 of these. Thus the X2M can take two of these hotswaps for 8 drive bays.

I um'd and ar'd about hot swap bays but decided against them as my disks will never fail and I won't need the hot swap ability. Ok, they will fail, but will just take the NAS off-line and manually swap out the failing / failed drive.

I used this Akasa AK-HDA-07 in my rackmounted home-built NAS. 4 drives in 3x 5.25" bay, no hotswap but with a fan (maybe you could hide it behind a ventilated front cover).
post #15672 of 22194
Can I get a membership please? biggrin.gif

Here's a link to pics of my recently finished M8 build

http://www.overclock.net/t/1542927/new-case-labs-m8-build-comments-wanted/30#post_24347852
post #15673 of 22194
I love this case!







Project Cs-X
Cs-X project
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K + EK Asus X99-Deluxe EVGA 1080Ti FE+ EK Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB LOL Liquid Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG PG348Q Ducky One Corsair HX750i Sleeved CaseLabs S8S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie FK1 Corsair MM400 Focusrite Scarlett Solo 
  hide details  
Reply
Cs-X project
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K + EK Asus X99-Deluxe EVGA 1080Ti FE+ EK Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB LOL Liquid Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG PG348Q Ducky One Corsair HX750i Sleeved CaseLabs S8S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie FK1 Corsair MM400 Focusrite Scarlett Solo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15674 of 22194
Holy mother: that is one PHAT radiator. The J-Lo of radiators. I suppose that is one of the consequences of living in Arizona compared to living in Alaska.
post #15675 of 22194
Holy cow. I havent seen monstas for some time biggrin.gif
post #15676 of 22194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

These hot swaps (kingwin) can hold 4 HDDs and use 3 of these [CL flexi-bays]. Thus the X2M can take two of these hotswaps for 8 drive bays.

I couldn't find the version I linked to [KF-4002-BK] so I emailed Kingwin and they said ...

"Thank you for your e-mail, KF-4002-BK is our phase out item, we currently only have KF-4001-BK available now in U.S. They are pretty much identical just different front panel design, tks."

The provided a link to their current version KF-4001-BK (newegg, amazon).
post #15677 of 22194
Asked in a direct thread but no one is answering. Does anyone know if an S3 case will allow for a 140mm radiator in the rear fan location? I know it will fit a 140mm fan but am curious if it will fit a 140mm radiator like that in a Kraken X61.
post #15678 of 22194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar63 View Post

Asked in a direct thread but no one is answering. Does anyone know if an S3 case will allow for a 140mm radiator in the rear fan location? I know it will fit a 140mm fan but am curious if it will fit a 140mm radiator like that in a Kraken X61.

I have an Mercury S5. I bought a 140mm Be Quiet fan for the rear case hole. Although it did physically fit into the space above the motherboard and below the radiator on top, the fan attachment holes were drilled for a 120mm fan. The fan was returned to the store. There is a 140mm / 150mm Noctua fan that has hole spacing for 120mm fans which you could therefore likely install, but then the air holes drilled into the rear of the case are not large enough diameter to take into account the whole fan diameter of the larger fan, so I am not sure if this would cause extra turbulance and noise. So the simple answer is that the S3 is likely the same as the S5 and the rear case hole is intended for a 120mm fan.

Simon.
post #15679 of 22194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonOcean View Post

I have an Mercury S5. I bought a 140mm Be Quiet fan for the rear case hole. Although it did physically fit into the space above the motherboard and below the radiator on top, the fan attachment holes were drilled for a 120mm fan. The fan was returned to the store. There is a 140mm / 150mm Noctua fan that has hole spacing for 120mm fans which you could therefore likely install, but then the air holes drilled into the rear of the case are not large enough diameter to take into account the whole fan diameter of the larger fan, so I am not sure if this would cause extra turbulance and noise. So the simple answer is that the S3 is likely the same as the S5 and the rear case hole is intended for a 120mm fan.

Simon.

S3 has those holes, although Im not sure if rad would fit there.
post #15680 of 22194
The S8 looks even better with some components in it smile.gif




(the mobo fittings are temporary)
Daedalic
(26 items)
 
Pegasus Server
(13 items)
 
My Girl's Box
(16 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Daedalic
(26 items)
 
Pegasus Server
(13 items)
 
My Girl's Box
(16 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club