Originally Posted by IT Diva
Little Weekend Update . . . .
I made mounting bases for my pumps from some 3/8" acrylic.
That's thick enough to relieve the underside for all the PEM nuts, caster mounting screws, raised lips where the chassis sections overlap, etc., so that the mount fits right on the bottom, wall to wall, and is perfectly smooth on the top.
The PSU side has four M4 mounting screws using the original optional 140mm fan mounting holes.
The left side has some fan holes for a 120 fan, and another pair of holes just forward of them which came in quite handy.
Managed to secure both mounts solidly without making any new holes . . .
To tidy up a bit, since there's not much cable management space in the S8, I made an acrylic PSU cover that extends from the rear wall , forward past the PSU by about 4".
I also gave it an LED strip tube, since I still had 1 channel left vacant on the Farby, and the left side has a 240 rad in the rear 2 spaces of a 360 side mount bracket.
This way, I have a similar look to both sides, with the pumps visible at the front, and the rear 2/3 of the length, lit up with fans on the left side and LED strip on the PSU side.
It's moving along slowly, but I do like how it's turning out. . . . .
Now I need to taker it all apart again to take out the pump mounts so I can paint the undersides white, . . . that way, you won't be able to see that they are covering fan holes.
Left side:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PSU side:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PSU cover without the side panel:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)