Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case Labs Owners Club - Page 765

post #7641 of 22174
DC = Devils Canyon (ie 4690K and 4790K). DC is the replacement for Haswell (ie 4670K, 4770K, etc.). Asus is the only board company that went against Intel's order of no DC on Z87. The bios updates have gone out already. Unfortunately, this also means there may be no Z97 Maximus VII Extreme since the VI can do this job already frown.gif.
post #7642 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheozero View Post

Devil's Canyon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

DC = Devils Canyon (ie 4690K and 4790K). DC is the replacement for Haswell (ie 4670K, 4770K, etc.). Asus is the only board company that went against Intel's order of no DC on Z87. The bios updates have gone out already. Unfortunately, this also means there may be no Z97 Maximus VII Extreme since the VI can do this job already frown.gif.

Ahhhh gotcha. Which MB blocks are those in case I find a buyer for my brand new EK Supremacy Nickel block (man I love the look of this block though frown.gif)?
post #7643 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

S3 w/ MVI Impact, proven combo. A page or two back, there's a fully loaded S3 with enough wc to cool a cpu and gpu. Slap on a Full mb/cpu combo block and its an epic little build.

S5 is matx with five slots, while the S3 is m-itx w/ three slots. The S5 is deeper which, imho, makes it a bit awkward.





]
Is that custom mounted? didn't see an option for a top mount like that on CL's site.

Yes that is a custom mount, CaseLabs never made a top 560 mount for this case.
post #7644 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post


Ahhhh gotcha. Which MB blocks are those in case I find a buyer for my brand new EK Supremacy Nickel block (man I love the look of this block though frown.gif)?


First one is EK and the second one is BP (bitspower). Both have different versions (acetal, plexi, smoked plexi, red plexi, copper, nickel plated, etc.).


Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

Yes that is a custom mount, CaseLabs never made a top 560 mount for this case.


Awesome, nice and clean thumb.gif
post #7645 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

First one is EK and the second one is BP (bitspower). Both have different versions (acetal, plexi, smoked plexi, red plexi, copper, nickel plated, etc.).
Awesome, nice and clean thumb.gif

Thanks!
post #7646 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

First one is EK and the second one is BP (bitspower). Both have different versions (acetal, plexi, smoked plexi, red plexi, copper, nickel plated, etc.).

Damn now you really got me considering this lol. Would 2 x RX240's still suffice for the full MB block and GPU block?
post #7647 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

Damn now you really got me considering this lol. Would 2 x RX240's still suffice for the full MB block and GPU block?

Absolutely thumb.gif
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7648 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post

Absolutely thumb.gif

Oh boy. Looks like I'm going to have to find a suitor for my EK Supremacy nickel plated block then thumb.gif.
post #7649 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

Damn now you really got me considering this lol. Would 2 x RX240's still suffice for the full MB block and GPU block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post

Absolutely thumb.gif

Yuppers, should be enough. I think i saw someone squeeze in an XT45 in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

Oh boy. Looks like I'm going to have to find a suitor for my EK Supremacy nickel plated block then thumb.gif.


Good luck, it is a very sweet looking setup. I wouldn't mind going with an S3, M6I, mb/cpu block, and a 295x2 blocked biggrin.gif
post #7650 of 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Yuppers, should be enough. I think i saw someone squeeze in an XT45 in there.
Good luck, it is a very sweet looking setup. I wouldn't mind going with an S3, M6I, mb/cpu block, and a 295x2 blocked biggrin.gif

Haha I guess my single GPU 290X will have to suffice for me biggrin.gif. I'm not a huge gamer anyways so I should be good with that for the next 2+ years.

Back on topic though, I'm going to have to do some measurements when I get the S3 to determine if I can go push/pull on both rads. And of course my original objective was to determine the best spot for a drain port so I can flush this bad boy easily. So much to do!

Also if anyone can chime in on if you can install wheels/casters directly onto the bottom of the S3 without needing the pedestal?
Edited by PuffinMyLye - 6/23/14 at 7:24pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club