Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case Labs Owners Club - Page 811

post #8101 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Get a AQ6

I get that I can use different fan controllers than what I have. But does everyone connect each rad fan individually to their controllers or are you using hubs in between? I'm just thinking for wire management purposes plus the fact that I'll have 4 fans in my Pedestal that will have to connect all the way up to the fan controller at the top of my S3.
post #8102 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

That does look pretty sweet thumb.gif.

On a side note, what do you guys prefer to use for fan wire management? I've got a Scythe Kaze Master Fan Controller from an old build that I'll probably use but I'm wondering what you guys use to connect all your fans to your controllers. I've seen some fan hubs out there but I've never used any before so I'm looking for some good recommendations.

I use NZXT Grids for 3 pins and the Swiftech PWM splitter for the 4 pin PWM fans. Be aware that you need to do this to the NZXT Grid:



Whoever designed this had the tachometer trace going to all the 10 channels so your controller can't read RPM correctly. Chop off all but 1 of the tach wires and then be sure keep that one channel occupied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post


@geggeg What do you think my weighs with 4 560 UT60's, 2 ea 180*3, 2 ea 420's and a Mora 140*9 with extended top, the huge reservoirs, 50 hard drives and 3 pedestals?? I am scared to even think about how much it will wiegh filled with water!!! biggrin.gif

You are also excessively insane so I can't say anything else about that biggrin.gif

I am positive your build once complete will be > 100 kg easily. Still don't see why you need all them rads given you are going to be operating the hardware at stock/near stock but hey- go for it! I would say you are a prime candidate for the SD platform, I am considering one also since I realized I have the standard casters on mine for some reason.
post #8103 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

I get that I can use different fan controllers than what I have. But does everyone connect each rad fan individually to their controllers or are you using hubs in between? I'm just thinking for wire management purposes plus the fact that I'll have 4 fans in my Pedestal that will have to connect all the way up to the fan controller at the top of my S3.

I like cutting the fan wires off to a custom length and then making a harness with only 1 RPM wire connected then having 1 cable going down to the harness a little work but makes cable management easier..
post #8104 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

I use NZXT Grids for 3 pins and the Swiftech PWM splitter for the 4 pin PWM fans. Be aware that you need to do this to the NZXT Grid:



Whoever designed this had the tachometer trace going to all the 10 channels so your controller can't read RPM correctly. Chop off all but 1 of the tach wires and then be sure keep that one channel occupied.
You are also excessively insane so I can't say anything else about that biggrin.gif

I am positive your build once complete will be > 100 kg easily. Still don't see why you need all them rads given you are going to be operating the hardware at stock/near stock but hey- go for it! I would say you are a prime candidate for the SD platform, I am considering one also since I realized I have the standard casters on mine for some reason.

Actually when I am home from work I plan on pushing it has hard as i can using the sub-ambient water. just going to stay above dew point!!
post #8105 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Actually when I am home from work I plan on pushing it has hard as i can using the sub-ambient water. just going to stay above dew point!!

Doesn't that make the point of more rads even worse? Now you have more surface area interacting with the relatively hotter ambient so your rads will actually be heating up the loop.
post #8106 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

I use NZXT Grids for 3 pins and the Swiftech PWM splitter for the 4 pin PWM fans. Be aware that you need to do this to the NZXT Grid:



Whoever designed this had the tachometer trace going to all the 10 channels so your controller can't read RPM correctly. Chop off all but 1 of the tach wires and then be sure keep that one channel occupied.
You are also excessively insane so I can't say anything else about that biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

I like cutting the fan wires off to a custom length and then making a harness with only 1 RPM wire connected then having 1 cable going down to the harness a little work but makes cable management easier..

Lol I was afraid of these kind of responses. I have so little time to even put this build together that doing all kinds of custom work is LAST on my list of things I want to do. I'd gladly pay more money for the convenience of not having to do the work myself at this point. There just isn't enough time in the day frown.gif.
post #8107 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

Doesn't that make the point of more rads even worse? Now you have more surface area interacting with the relatively hotter ambient so your rads will actually be heating up the loop.

the rads are to cool the hot side of the TEC chiller.... and 2 are for the GPU's
post #8108 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

the rads are to cool the hot side of the TEC chiller.... and 2 are for the GPU's

Got it, thanks. That makes a lot more sense now biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

Lol I was afraid of these kind of responses. I have so little time to even put this build together that doing all kinds of custom work is LAST on my list of things I want to do. I'd gladly pay more money for the convenience of not having to do the work myself at this point. There just isn't enough time in the day frown.gif.

If you are not bother about knowing the RPMs of the fans, then just hook them up to any fan splitter and call it a day. You can still get control by reducing voltage/PWM.
post #8109 of 22329
Almost done. Still some small stuff to figure out/fix.
Mercury Hero
(24 items)
 
Nemesis Mk2
(15 items)
 
The Last Node
(9 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Mercury Hero
(24 items)
 
Nemesis Mk2
(15 items)
 
The Last Node
(9 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8110 of 22329
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

140mm fan?




Alu blades you say?

Indeed.

Looks like a great way to lose your finger tbh...

Great idea B! thumb.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
AMD Threadripper 1900x Asus Prime X399-A Asus GTX 980 ti Matrix Samsung 960 Evo 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Intel 750 Series 400GB U.2 Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB Windows 10 Pro 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1050w 80+ Gold Corsair Air 740 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 6800k Xeon e5-1620 V3 EVGA Micro 2 Asus GTX 780 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMRAM
Sapphire Fury X Sapphire RX 480 Kingston - FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 ADATA - XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB Kingston - SSDNow V200 be quiet! - PURE ROCK Windows 10 Pro 
PowerCase
Corsair HX850i Thermaltake Core V21 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k Asus Z170i Pro Gaming Sapphire R9 Nano Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB be quiet! ​PURE ROCK ​SLIM Windows 10 Pro ViewSonic XG2401 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MK Disco RGB TKL (KBT Brown) Athena AP-MFATX40 400W Flex-ATX Lian-Li PC-TU 100B Razer Mamba TE 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Firefly Cloth Schiit Fulla 2 Beyerdynam​ic DT 770 ​Pro 80 ohm Antlion Audio ModMic 4 w/ Mute 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Noctua NF-A9x14 (x2) Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-92 Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-60 (x2) Fractal Design GP12-WT 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
AMD Threadripper 1900x Asus Prime X399-A Asus GTX 980 ti Matrix Samsung 960 Evo 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Intel 750 Series 400GB U.2 Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB Windows 10 Pro 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1050w 80+ Gold Corsair Air 740 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 6800k Xeon e5-1620 V3 EVGA Micro 2 Asus GTX 780 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMRAM
Sapphire Fury X Sapphire RX 480 Kingston - FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 ADATA - XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB Kingston - SSDNow V200 be quiet! - PURE ROCK Windows 10 Pro 
PowerCase
Corsair HX850i Thermaltake Core V21 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k Asus Z170i Pro Gaming Sapphire R9 Nano Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB be quiet! ​PURE ROCK ​SLIM Windows 10 Pro ViewSonic XG2401 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MK Disco RGB TKL (KBT Brown) Athena AP-MFATX40 400W Flex-ATX Lian-Li PC-TU 100B Razer Mamba TE 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Firefly Cloth Schiit Fulla 2 Beyerdynam​ic DT 770 ​Pro 80 ohm Antlion Audio ModMic 4 w/ Mute 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Noctua NF-A9x14 (x2) Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-92 Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-60 (x2) Fractal Design GP12-WT 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club