Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Fallout, Stalker and similar game suggestions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fallout, Stalker and similar game suggestions? - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post
The GTA mod sounds awesome, I'll have to reinstall it, but I just recall it being fuzzy and.. blobby, it also played pretty rough, but I'll give it another go for sure.
I mean I will give you that it is a little rough. It is not a game, it is a simulator. The gameplay is clunky compared to most other FPS/3rdPS games. But is is vastly rewarding once you get the hang of it. By the way, the GTA type mod is called CL Revolution. Keep in mind that it is VERY realistic and it is more like GTA if it met real life for once lol.

The graphics are beautiful. We ARE talking about ARMA2 right? Because the graphics are gorgeous for real. Not fuzzy or blocky. There are some lighting issues, but overall the game is worth its weight in gold to me. It is one of a kind and it really shows that.
Caseless Wonder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 650i Ultra 9600 512 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x500gb caviar black dvd burner Windows 7 x64 19inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 revision 1 700watt? N/A mx518 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
Caseless Wonder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 650i Ultra 9600 512 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x500gb caviar black dvd burner Windows 7 x64 19inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 revision 1 700watt? N/A mx518 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-E-I-Owned-You View Post
I mean I will give you that it is a little rough. It is not a game, it is a simulator. The gameplay is clunky compared to most other FPS/3rdPS games. But is is vastly rewarding once you get the hang of it. By the way, the GTA type mod is called CL Revolution. Keep in mind that it is VERY realistic and it is more like GTA if it met real life for once lol.

The graphics are beautiful. We ARE talking about ARMA2 right? Because the graphics are gorgeous for real. Not fuzzy or blocky. There are some lighting issues, but overall the game is worth its weight in gold to me. It is one of a kind and it really shows that.
Haha, I know, my average weekend when I'm not gaming consists of real life milsims, so I love clunky simulator games

I'm reinstalling it now, I'll give it another go, I think we're talking about ARMA 2 :b

Hows the Operation Arrowhead?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post
Haha, I know, my average weekend when I'm not gaming consists of real life milsims, so I love clunky simulator games

I'm reinstalling it now, I'll give it another go, I think we're talking about ARMA 2 :b

Hows the Operation Arrowhead?
I havent played OA. I prefer SP, some MP, but especially the CL Revolution mod. If you love clunky milsims, why hate on ARMA2? It is the best clunky milsim EVAAAAAA! lol
Caseless Wonder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 650i Ultra 9600 512 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x500gb caviar black dvd burner Windows 7 x64 19inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 revision 1 700watt? N/A mx518 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
Caseless Wonder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 650i Ultra 9600 512 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x500gb caviar black dvd burner Windows 7 x64 19inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 revision 1 700watt? N/A mx518 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-E-I-Owned-You View Post
I havent played OA. I prefer SP, some MP, but especially the CL Revolution mod. If you love clunky milsims, why hate on ARMA2? It is the best clunky milsim EVAAAAAA! lol

Haha, no hate here, just don't remember having the best time at first, but like I said, I'm redownloading it, you've convinced me, and I'm gonna have to try out this CL mod, it sound's like something I've always wanted.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post
I own the entire FO Catalog, and am currently playing Stalker : SoC with the 2K9 mod [Amazing, might I add]

I know there's a lot of "Recommend me games!" threads, but I'm trying to specifically find these types of games, can anyone recommend games with similar open world themes and features?

P.S, just joined OCN after a day of lurking, seemed like a perfect community ^^ Greetings everyone
Stalker call of pripyat, omce you get into the game and stumble across all it's secrets, you will never get yourself out of the game! It's the best stalker by far! Brilliant game! Loved every second of it! Extremely complex at times but wonderful and full of mystery and interest
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post
Haha, no hate here, just don't remember having the best time at first, but like I said, I'm redownloading it, you've convinced me, and I'm gonna have to try out this CL mod, it sound's like something I've always wanted.
There is so much depth to it its crazy. You can lock your vehicles, give other players keys to said vehicles if you want, farm, fish legally or illegally, harvest and sell drugs, run guns, kill anyone, and more. Cops cannot lethal kill without reason. They can issue tickets, make users wanted, arrest, restrain, search, etc. They can also set up checkpoints to catch speeders and drug mules and such. You can elect a mayor of a city who sets out laws and then the cops and elected chief of police enforce them. There is SO much to it. Check it out. Like I said, it is a multiplayer mod and the missions/mod name is CL Revolution.
Caseless Wonder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 650i Ultra 9600 512 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x500gb caviar black dvd burner Windows 7 x64 19inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 revision 1 700watt? N/A mx518 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
Caseless Wonder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 650i Ultra 9600 512 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x500gb caviar black dvd burner Windows 7 x64 19inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 revision 1 700watt? N/A mx518 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
Stalker call of pripyat, omce you get into the game and stumble across all it's secrets, you will never get yourself out of the game! It's the best stalker by far! Brilliant game! Loved every second of it! Extremely complex at times but wonderful and full of mystery and interest
Downloading CoP as we speak ^^
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-E-I-Owned-You View Post
There is so much depth to it its crazy. You can lock your vehicles, give other players keys to said vehicles if you want, farm, fish legally or illegally, harvest and sell drugs, run guns, kill anyone, and more. Cops cannot lethal kill without reason. They can issue tickets, make users wanted, arrest, restrain, search, etc. They can also set up checkpoints to catch speeders and drug mules and such. You can elect a mayor of a city who sets out laws and then the cops and elected chief of police enforce them. There is SO much to it. Check it out. Like I said, it is a multiplayer mod and the missions/mod name is CL Revolution.
Holy s***! Sound's like those RP servers I used to hop into on Gmod, only a million times cooler, and probably with WAY less little kids griefing
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post
Holy s***! Sound's like those RP servers I used to hop into on Gmod, only a million times cooler, and probably with WAY less little kids griefing
Yeah it is RP. Little griefing, but it does happen. I made a thread I am going to update and included a few videos.

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/94...ion-arma2.html
Caseless Wonder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 650i Ultra 9600 512 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x500gb caviar black dvd burner Windows 7 x64 19inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 revision 1 700watt? N/A mx518 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
Caseless Wonder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 650i Ultra 9600 512 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x500gb caviar black dvd burner Windows 7 x64 19inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 revision 1 700watt? N/A mx518 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 32
You mean post-apocalyptic games? There really aren't that many. Wasteland comes to mind. The Fall, a mediocre JA-like tactics/rpg. You could try Alpha Centauri, it's pretty... fresh, and although it does not take place on Earth, it does have some post-apoc. feeling.
Datalinks
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.0ghz 1.2v, ~50c under load P8P67 Pro 1502 8600GT 2x4gb @1600mhz 7-8-7-24 1.6v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
HD103SJ 1tb Win7 x64 T710BH SeaSonic M12II 620w 
  hide details  
Reply
Datalinks
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.0ghz 1.2v, ~50c under load P8P67 Pro 1502 8600GT 2x4gb @1600mhz 7-8-7-24 1.6v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
HD103SJ 1tb Win7 x64 T710BH SeaSonic M12II 620w 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Fallout, Stalker and similar game suggestions?