Originally Posted by cozmo5050;12382578
Get the new
HP DM1z.initial specs:
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
screen: 11.6" LED backlit 1366x768
cpu: AMD zacate e-350 1.6ghz dualcore
gpu: AMD 6310 'discrete' 512mb, DX11 support
ram: 3gb DDR3 (upgradable to 8gb)
HDD: 320gb 7200rpm 2.5" sata
sound: Dolby enhanced Altec Lansing speakers
features: wifi b/g/n, gigabit lan, 3 usb 2.0, HDMI-out, VGA-out, SD reader, wecam, mic, 6-cell battery
size: 11.42 in (L) x 8.43 in (W) x 0.8 - 1.2 in (H) ~ 1inch thick overall
current special on HP's site:
$549 - $100 instant = $449 + free upgrade from 2gb --> 3gb ram, 250gb --> 320gb HDD.
1)Go to HP's website
, click 'customize and buy' base model on the right side.
Click, click, click, next, next, next, add to cart @ $449.
2) Input coupon code: "techbarg30
" for another $30 off.(UPDATE: also try coupon code " SAVE30HP " for $30 off $150+. (Expires 04/30/2011)May be stackable with, or replacing code: techbarg30.))
3) Price drops to $419 + sales tax($36) + ($6 recycling fee for california) = $462.74 shipped.
4) Pay via Paypal or Credit card.
5) Wait for confirmation email. Call back the next day(888-999-4747, HP Home/Office store) and tell them you want to cancel your order, The sales rep will ask you why, my answer:
"didnt realize the laptop wasnt going to be built till Feb 22nd, needed it right away, gonna buy a Sony/Asus/Acer/etc instead."
6) The sales rep will transfer you to a "manager" who will again ask you why you want to cancel your order. (I gave the same answer as before).After beating around the bush,She/he will then offer an additional $40-off if u dont cancel your order.
7) If you choose to keep, it is now $422 grand total shipped, OR less depending on your state tax, with or without recycling fees.
(manager told me the charge will initially be the original price paid($462), and they'll credit you back $40 once the notebook is built and shipped).
[phone# for 'HP Resolution Team': 888-227-8451]
I discovered this trying to place an order for a relative(who is horrible at english).
Ended up cancelling and went to Costco to pick up an Acer timeline 3810.
Just thought Id share the experience, there's been alot of interest in these new AMD fusion setups.MobileTechReviewEngadget reviewPCMag reviewLaptopMag review