Originally Posted by YannieBoy
MvC 3 is new game which I have to keep reminding myself about. No matter how much I want it to be MvC 2. At first I was disappointed and wanted to return it, but the more I played it, the more I got used to its "Hybrid" combo system. Simple enough for casual players and surprisingly deep enough for 'core players.
3 things bother me tho.
- Simple Mode for Ranked games. (Blocked in BlazBlu, why not here?) I can tell people use Simple since the same moves are being spammed and nothing else.
- No Spectator Mode......really?
- No Online Tourney Mode (Hate to wait your turn in an 8 person lobby, wait 20 mins then get sent to the back of the line. Horrible.)
- Health is character based. Pheonix is the weakest for example. Not really an equal playing field.
- There are OP characters, don't care what anyone says.
I agree with you on simple mode, and the awful online experience, both of which I believe are actual technical problems with the game. And no spectator mode is just retarded, also why can't we save replays to our hard drives? ***!
However, characters aren't intended to be on an equal playing field.
Characters, like Phoenix for example, are refereed to as a glass cannon. Huge amounts of damage, little itty bitty health. But she has some pretty atrocious healing abilities and actually ends up being the most damaging character when you figure out the dark phoenix mode and X-factor. It's all in play style.
And yes there are OP'd characters. Capcom leaves them like this in these games as a sort of challenge for hardcore players and a safe haven for the casuals to play as.
Go here, www.shoryuken.com
, it will shed quite a bit of light on a really deep system.
I massively heart this game...