Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › [Official] Corsair HX/AX Series Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair HX/AX Series Owners Club - Page 27

post #261 of 757
This seems to be a dead thread. The OP hasn't added anyone in a looooong time. Can anyone validate that "Theory" even still exsists on OCN? Would be great if a moderator can chime in.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #262 of 757
Does corsair accept every RMA request?

Earlier I sent them an RMA request for my 850hx due to a loose power cable and "stuttering" that I think is due to the psu. They sent me an email about hour later stating they had accepted my RMA request. I would much rather them try to troubleshoot the problem with me, or at least write a personalized response acknowledging the problems I had stated. Am I being over dramatic here? I do not want to have my rig down for weeks and pay for shipping back forth, just to have them send it back in the same condition......
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Gigabyte Z68X-UD5 MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB+Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB+Seaga... LITE-ON DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BenQ xl2410t Corsair 850HX Cooler Master HAF-X  Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Gigabyte Z68X-UD5 MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB+Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB+Seaga... LITE-ON DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BenQ xl2410t Corsair 850HX Cooler Master HAF-X  Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeker View Post
Does corsair accept every RMA request?

Earlier I sent them an RMA request for my 850hx due to a loose power cable and "stuttering" that I think is due to the psu. They sent me an email about hour later stating they had accepted my RMA request. I would much rather them try to troubleshoot the problem with me, or at least write a personalized response acknowledging the problems I had stated. Am I being over dramatic here? I do not want to have my rig down for weeks and pay for shipping back forth, just to have them send it back in the same condition......
I don't know if they actually do accept every RMA, but I'm sure there is a certain amount of discretion used or else they would go bankrupt just doing RMA's alone.

Regarding the down time, you can contact them again to see if they will work with you to have a PSU sent to you first. I had to do this once with a set of RAM, so they took my credit card information and put a temporary hold on it. Once they received my dead set, the hold was removed, and overall down time was kept to a minimum.

In my experience, Corsair has also paid for shipping both ways - at least they have for me the few times I have had an RMA with them and asked.

Personally, I think their method of customer service is by far the best in the business. They don't waste your time in going over unnecessary troubleshooting steps that you may have already stated that you performed, and instead skip to replacement whereas a majority of other companies will do anything to avoid arriving to this step.

I think you're in good hands.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
post #264 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by covertash View Post
I don't know if they actually do accept every RMA, but I'm sure there is a certain amount of discretion used or else they would go bankrupt just doing RMA's alone.

Regarding the down time, you can contact them again to see if they will work with you to have a PSU sent to you first. I had to do this once with a set of RAM, so they took my credit card information and put a temporary hold on it. Once they received my dead set, the hold was removed, and overall down time was kept to a minimum.

In my experience, Corsair has also paid for shipping both ways - at least they have for me the few times I have had an RMA with them and asked.

Personally, I think their method of customer service is by far the best in the business. They don't waste your time in going over unnecessary troubleshooting steps that you may have already stated that you performed, and instead skip to replacement whereas a majority of other companies will do anything to avoid arriving to this step.

I think you're in good hands.
Really appreciate the comment, made me feel a lot better. I think you are actually right about them paying for shipping both ways!!!!!

What excuse should I use for not being able to have downtime?
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Gigabyte Z68X-UD5 MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB+Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB+Seaga... LITE-ON DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BenQ xl2410t Corsair 850HX Cooler Master HAF-X  Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Gigabyte Z68X-UD5 MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB+Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB+Seaga... LITE-ON DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BenQ xl2410t Corsair 850HX Cooler Master HAF-X  Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #265 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeker View Post
Really appreciate the comment, made me feel a lot better. I think you are actually right about them paying for shipping both ways!!!!!

What excuse should I use for not being able to have downtime?
The computer that had the memory issues was my girlfriend's workstation. She needed it at the time to do her graphic design work and couldn't afford any more down time (as this was the second time the RAM went bad within a few months time in between). This was actually the truth, so Corsair obliged and made the offer to do the advanced RMA.

I'm not sure what you can tell them exactly, but if it's your only computer and you need it to do important work, maybe they can do the same for you.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
post #266 of 757

Olivia
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz Asus Sabertooth P67 B3 EVGA GTX550 Ti - Being replaced soon... Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force GT 120 2 - WD Caviar Black 750 WD Caviar Green 2TB WD My Book 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG GH22NS70 Corsair H100 Corsair SP120 High Performance Corsair AF120 High Performance 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Acer G245HQ Acer G245HQ Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Corsair 600T SE Logitech G500 Steel Series S&S Solo 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Asus Essence STX Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Vengeance 2000 7.1 Quad Mouse Rock 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Blue Lounge Sumo Blue Lounge CableBox Cyborg amBX Gaming Lights Rocketfish 10 Power Manager 
  hide details  
Reply
Olivia
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz Asus Sabertooth P67 B3 EVGA GTX550 Ti - Being replaced soon... Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force GT 120 2 - WD Caviar Black 750 WD Caviar Green 2TB WD My Book 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG GH22NS70 Corsair H100 Corsair SP120 High Performance Corsair AF120 High Performance 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Acer G245HQ Acer G245HQ Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Corsair 600T SE Logitech G500 Steel Series S&S Solo 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Asus Essence STX Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Vengeance 2000 7.1 Quad Mouse Rock 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Blue Lounge Sumo Blue Lounge CableBox Cyborg amBX Gaming Lights Rocketfish 10 Power Manager 
  hide details  
Reply
post #267 of 757
AX1200 in da house.
post #268 of 757
Proud owner of an AX850!
3930k
(17 items)
 
Xeon H2O
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV EXTREME AMD Radeon HD 7970 Series AMD Radeon HD 7970 Series 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Team Xtreme Vulcan 2400 Samsung 840 EVO EK CSQ Nickel Plexi water block Alphacool Monsta 480 radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Alphacool XT45 420 radiator 2x EK CSQ Nickel Plexi Fullcover GPU Windows 7 64-bit Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master V1000 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G500 Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus 
Audio
Yamaha HS50m 
  hide details  
Reply
3930k
(17 items)
 
Xeon H2O
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV EXTREME AMD Radeon HD 7970 Series AMD Radeon HD 7970 Series 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Team Xtreme Vulcan 2400 Samsung 840 EVO EK CSQ Nickel Plexi water block Alphacool Monsta 480 radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Alphacool XT45 420 radiator 2x EK CSQ Nickel Plexi Fullcover GPU Windows 7 64-bit Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master V1000 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G500 Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus 
Audio
Yamaha HS50m 
  hide details  
Reply
post #269 of 757
Just put in my AX750 and it is making a hissing noise. will this go away, or did I just get a bad unit?
Small but mighty!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k (4.4ghz @ 1.32v) Asus Maximus Gene Z EVGA GTX 580 8GB Corsair XMS3 1866mhz 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
intel 320 120gb ssd 1 WD 10k 300gb LG blu ray burner  Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 24" 120hz Xl2420T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steel Series G6v2 Corsair AX750 Silverstone TJ08B-e logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
Small but mighty!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k (4.4ghz @ 1.32v) Asus Maximus Gene Z EVGA GTX 580 8GB Corsair XMS3 1866mhz 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
intel 320 120gb ssd 1 WD 10k 300gb LG blu ray burner  Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 24" 120hz Xl2420T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steel Series G6v2 Corsair AX750 Silverstone TJ08B-e logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #270 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmung View Post
Just put in my AX750 and it is making a hissing noise. will this go away, or did I just get a bad unit?
That most definitely isn't normal. My AX750 isn't making a sound. Its dead silent. I haven't heard a single sound - not even the smallest or tiniest imaginable sound from my unit since I installed it back in January. You should probably return it for a replacement or RMA it. This sorta thing is extremely rare with Corsair's PSU - especially their AX Series.

Icarus
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
i5 3570k Asrock H77-m Pro4 Corsair Vengeance Patriot 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu Western Digital Red 3x 3TB Intel 310 160GB Western Digital Green 2x 2TB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Server 2008 R2 Sony KDL55HX750 Corsair Builder Series 400W Silverstone Grandia GD06B 
  hide details  
Reply
Icarus
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
i5 3570k Asrock H77-m Pro4 Corsair Vengeance Patriot 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu Western Digital Red 3x 3TB Intel 310 160GB Western Digital Green 2x 2TB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Server 2008 R2 Sony KDL55HX750 Corsair Builder Series 400W Silverstone Grandia GD06B 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › [Official] Corsair HX/AX Series Owners Club