Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [ZDNet] IE9 Release Candidate review.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ZDNet] IE9 Release Candidate review..... - Page 2

post #11 of 32
Thread Starter 
Essentially, it made sense, Internet Explorer has needed a revamp for a VERY long time now, seems Microsoft wants something to use on their Windows 7 Phone or Embedded Browser/OS System (You know those super fast OS that just have a browser basically)..

I forget the name of the Browser/OS for Asus, but it cold boots in like <10 seconds.

This will really help out the low powered Netbook & Touch Pad markets...

Good Job MS for coming up to date, tanks..

Check Out This Video when you get IE9 Installed... IE9 On Crack!
Edited by _GTech - 2/15/11 at 8:49am
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #12 of 32
How about security. In my experience people who use Internet Explorer seem to always get malware. I have been using everything but IE and I have never had one. Its ok removing malware makes me a lot of money
Ninja Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3960X@4.2ghz Asus x79 Sabertooth MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G SLi *OC* MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G SLi *OC* 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16 gig Corsair 256g Crucial m4 + 300g Raptor + 1 TB WD Black +... Spins Fast! Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 34" UltraWide + 55" 4K TV Verbatim. Glows...Pretty!!! 1000watt Antec Quattro 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF932 + Stronger Fans Razor Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
Ninja Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3960X@4.2ghz Asus x79 Sabertooth MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G SLi *OC* MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G SLi *OC* 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16 gig Corsair 256g Crucial m4 + 300g Raptor + 1 TB WD Black +... Spins Fast! Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 34" UltraWide + 55" 4K TV Verbatim. Glows...Pretty!!! 1000watt Antec Quattro 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF932 + Stronger Fans Razor Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 32
Video you get a link to when installing IE9
Quote:
Most websites are held back by the browsers of today.
Other versions of IE?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4 ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 ASUS EAH5850 Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
x1 RevoDrive 80GB, x1 WD64 500GB, SpinPoint F3 1TB W7 Home Premium 64bit ViewSonic VX2260wm 21.5in 1080p Corsair TX 650v2 
Case
BitFenix Colossus 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4 ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 ASUS EAH5850 Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
x1 RevoDrive 80GB, x1 WD64 500GB, SpinPoint F3 1TB W7 Home Premium 64bit ViewSonic VX2260wm 21.5in 1080p Corsair TX 650v2 
Case
BitFenix Colossus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 32
Thread Starter 
This program definitely has some annoyances...

1) You cannot easily drag a tab and put it in your Links Tool Bar, meh!
2) There are not enough options on the Right Click / Context Menu.. (boo!)
3) It appears there is much refinement & tweaks need to put this on par with Opera!

Overall though, I love the improvements, and it is significantly faster than ie7 or ie8!

BooWoot!?
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #15 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
How about security. In my experience people who use Internet Explorer seem to always get malware. I have been using everything but IE and I have never had one. Its ok removing malware makes me a lot of money
Malware can be stopped cold in 3 seperate ways, other than browser security..

Windows Vista & 7 User Account Controls does a decent job...
Spybot Search & Destroy Tea Timer (don't think it's ready for ie9 though)
& A GOOD firewall, like Comodo Free Firewall, offers live checking/watching to prevent changes to your computer...

These 3 layers of protection are EXTREMELY hard to bypass...

Remember in the security world, there is no ONE ultimate solution to security, but security is measured by the number of layers you produce to protect your computer & your network, but more importantly hardware firewalls go a long ways in producing a very significant first layer of protection, so get a router & set it up correctly!
Edited by _GTech - 2/16/11 at 6:52am
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #16 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by _GTech View Post
Malware can be stopped cold in 3 seperate ways, other than browser security..

Windows Vista & 7 User Account Controls does a decent job...
Spybot Search & Destroy Tea Timer (don't think it's ready for ie9 though)
& A GOOD firewall, like Comodo Free Firewall, offers live checking/watching to prevent changes to your computer...

These 3 layers of protection are EXTREMELY hard to bypass...
Yea, but those protection programmes you mentioned suck, and are bloat-ware.
IE 9 has nothing on google chrome in security, if I'm correct it has a built in sandbox.
post #17 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXjay247Xx View Post
Yea, but those protection programmes you mentioned suck, and are bloat-ware.
IE 9 has nothing on google chrome in security, if I'm correct it has a built in sandbox.
I don't know where you get your information from, but I started computing & programing 27 years ago, I own + run a computer repair shop, and have been a PC Tech for many years now...

Comodo Free Firewall has it's own Sand Box....

Spybot is one of the most trusted universal tools, all around great, and free applications on the market, period, and I won't let any other "appears to know what they are talking about" person slander this applications benefit to the world... It's awesome, it works, and it's free...

You definitely cannot say anything negative about User Account Controls other than the annoying data execution prevention prompt box which can be too frequent if you don't know how to set up your security properly, it works and it makes Internet Explorer much more secure too...

Nevertheless, if you want me to prove your wrong, you will have to put your money with your mouth is, because I'd be more than willing to take all the money you'd be willing to put up....

/end troll ownage
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #18 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by _GTech View Post
I don't know where you get your information from, but I started computing & programing 27 years ago, I own + run a computer repair shop, and have been a PC Tech for many years now...

Comodo Free Firewall has it's own Sand Box....

Spybot is one of the most trusted universal tools, all around great, and free applications on the market, period, and I won't let any other "appears to know what they are talking about" person slander this applications benefit to the world... It's awesome, it works, and it's free...

You definitely cannot say anything negative about User Account Controls other than the annoying data execution prevention prompt box which can be too frequent if you don't know how to set up your security properly, it works and it makes Internet Explorer much more secure too...

Nevertheless, if you want me to prove your wrong, you will have to put your money with your mouth is, because I'd be more than willing to take all the money you'd be willing to put up....

/end troll ownage
Its all bloat ware, why would you want to use all that crap, when you can just use google chrome (the fastest browser on the internet) and Microsoft security essentials?
Plus I really don't care if you have been working in the computer and programming industry for 27, you clearly don't use the best programmes to protect/remove malware from computers.
post #19 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXjay247Xx View Post
Its all bloat ware, why would you want to use all that crap, when you can just use google chrome (the fastest browser on the internet) and Microsoft security essentials?
Plus I really don't care if you have been working in the computer and programming industry for 27, you clearly don't use the best programmes to protect/remove malware from computers.
What you are suggesting is the worst idea I have ever heard...

Relying solely on Google Chrome notoriety for being a safe & fast browser is just nonsense...

Bloat ware by definition is software you don't need....

Saying you don't need added layers of security is foolish...

So, your still wrong no matter how you flip it, turn it, stare at it, or post it...
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #20 of 32
MSE gave a warning when I downloaded the IE9 Beta X64

Since MSE has been proven good I might as well try this even though I got a warning from the page.
Uhh.. Thing
(19 items)
 
TERA
(22 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Z97-PRO GAMER ASUS STRIX GTX1070 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 830 Noctua D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE QPAD MK-50 EVGA 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G502 Some Steelseries thing SupremeFX -> Pioneer VSX-D711-S 5.1 receiver 
AudioAudioOther
Dali Concept 2+SUB E-12F Focusrite Scarlett Solo Logitech G27 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2700k @ 4.5GHz 1.425v with HT enabled ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX670 OC Gigabyte GTX670 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeanve LP White 16GB Corsair Force GT 120GB WD RED SOHO 3TB WD RED SOHO 3TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD BLACK 4TB Seagate 5900 LP 2TB XSPC Raystorm D5 XSPC RX480 w/ GT AP-13 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RX360 w/ GT AP-15 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DELL U3011 Logitech K800 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000W Corsair 900D Logitech G500 SARGAS 460 
AudioAudio
Denon AVR-2313 Dali Zensor 7, 5, Vocal 
  hide details  
Reply
Uhh.. Thing
(19 items)
 
TERA
(22 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Z97-PRO GAMER ASUS STRIX GTX1070 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 830 Noctua D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE QPAD MK-50 EVGA 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G502 Some Steelseries thing SupremeFX -> Pioneer VSX-D711-S 5.1 receiver 
AudioAudioOther
Dali Concept 2+SUB E-12F Focusrite Scarlett Solo Logitech G27 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2700k @ 4.5GHz 1.425v with HT enabled ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX670 OC Gigabyte GTX670 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeanve LP White 16GB Corsair Force GT 120GB WD RED SOHO 3TB WD RED SOHO 3TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD BLACK 4TB Seagate 5900 LP 2TB XSPC Raystorm D5 XSPC RX480 w/ GT AP-13 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RX360 w/ GT AP-15 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DELL U3011 Logitech K800 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000W Corsair 900D Logitech G500 SARGAS 460 
AudioAudio
Denon AVR-2313 Dali Zensor 7, 5, Vocal 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [ZDNet] IE9 Release Candidate review.....