Originally Posted by antuk15
LMAO at people in this thread spouting BS...
1. 5850's aint that bad at tessellation, Not that it matters as you can't tell if it's turned on or not in GAMES anyway.
2. They over clock better then a GTX460
3. They smash a GTX460 in the face when it comes to performance
4. 5850 CF smashes GTX460 SLI. 5850 CF is faster then a 5970 while GTX460 isn't..
5. GTX460 with it's cut down tessellation engine provides roughly the same tessellation performance as the 5000 series...
6. 5850 is quite a bit faster then a 6850, Despite the 6850's slight core clock advantage
7. 5850 overclocks to 1Ghz core like a 6850...
8. 5850's scale better in CF then 6850's..
Only down side to a 5850 is that it requires a tiny bit more power so if you can find a nice cheap 5850 then for that as it's faster then a 6850 and GTX 460 1Gb
Jesus look at mr "how dare you my 5850s are the best" lol. do your research before you spout BS and spit your dummy out. What is your unigene engine2.1score then? Everything maxed at 1920x1080. I can tell you now that 2 460s will whip 2 5850s and yes - their tessallation is terrible!
I had one.
To the op, you can buy 2 460s for the price of a 570 and they beat the 580