Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] Epic Promises Bulletstorm Will Make Your Computer Weep
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KT] Epic Promises Bulletstorm Will Make Your Computer Weep - Page 7

post #61 of 146
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothfish View Post
You have no clue dude.

People like YOU are the reason PC gaming is dying. Instead of bending over and taking whatever Epic is going to shove our way, we as PC gamers are screaming "Quit with the crappy ports! Focus on making PC games awesome again!".

Once you stop feeding the problem, the problem stops. The reason it hasn't stopped is because everybody on the internet is a poser, and will claim to not support a product but then go right out and buy it *cough*MW2*cough*.
/thread
Quad Virgin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 E0 @ 4158mhz/1.296v 462*9 GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R EVGA GTX 570 SC @ 797/975/1594 2x2gb Mushkin DDR2 1066 2.0v 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial M4 64 Vista Ultimate x64 ASUS MK241 24in 1920x1200 Corsair HX620 
Case
COOLER MASTER CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
Quad Virgin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 E0 @ 4158mhz/1.296v 462*9 GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R EVGA GTX 570 SC @ 797/975/1594 2x2gb Mushkin DDR2 1066 2.0v 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial M4 64 Vista Ultimate x64 ASUS MK241 24in 1920x1200 Corsair HX620 
Case
COOLER MASTER CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothfish View Post
You have no clue dude.

People like YOU are the reason PC gaming is dying. Instead of bending over and taking whatever Epic is going to shove our way, we as PC gamers are screaming "Quit with the crappy ports! Focus on making PC games awesome again!".

Once you stop feeding the problem, the problem stops. The reason it hasn't stopped is because everybody on the internet is a poser, and will claim to not support a product but then go right out and buy it *cough*MW2*cough*.
thats very ironic. epic claims that the lack of pc sales is whats forcing them to expand to consoles.. developers, especially big ones like epic, don't need to cater to pc gaming to thrive when consoles can make them so much money.
Edited by dontpwnmebro - 2/17/11 at 8:14pm
post #63 of 146
Will this make my k8 rig weep? Yeah.
But my main rig? It's not even a question!

Psh my CF'd 5830s will eat this game for breakfast. Just like any other game.
Lame... I want more benching games!

Anyway the game is immature and generic. Ever since E3 I said meh to this game.
Edited by Enfluenza - 2/17/11 at 8:21pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Athlon 64 3400+ NewCastle| 2.4Ghz] [ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 | Coming SOON] [Saphire Radeon X1600PRO | AGP] [1GB Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic RAM] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Seagate 250GB | IDE] [Generic DVD Drive] [Windows XP Pro 32bit] [HP 15" | 1024x768] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Crappy HP keyboard] [Generic 300w =/ ] [Case? BAHAHAHA!!] [Crappy Ball Mouse] 
Mouse Pad
LOLWUT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Athlon 64 3400+ NewCastle| 2.4Ghz] [ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 | Coming SOON] [Saphire Radeon X1600PRO | AGP] [1GB Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic RAM] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Seagate 250GB | IDE] [Generic DVD Drive] [Windows XP Pro 32bit] [HP 15" | 1024x768] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Crappy HP keyboard] [Generic 300w =/ ] [Case? BAHAHAHA!!] [Crappy Ball Mouse] 
Mouse Pad
LOLWUT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpwnmebro View Post
thats very ironic. epic claims that the lack of pc sales is whats forcing them to expand to consoles.. developers, especially big ones like epic, don't need to cater to pc gaming to thrive when consoles can make them so much money.
Yeah we know that, and that's the problem we (or at least most of us) have with developers these days. You may think you're acting all smart and witty siding with the developers, but I'm going to be the first to say, stop posting if your only intention is simply to destroy that which other's care about.
post #65 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothfish View Post
You have no clue dude.

People like YOU are the reason PC gaming is dying. Instead of bending over and taking whatever Epic is going to shove our way, we as PC gamers are screaming "Quit with the crappy ports! Focus on making PC games awesome again!".

Once you stop feeding the problem, the problem stops. The reason it hasn't stopped is because everybody on the internet is a poser, and will claim to not support a product but then go right out and buy it *cough*MW2*cough*.
It's really lose/lose though. Sure, we vote with our wallets, but the devs/publishers just blame poor sales on piracy, even if thats not the case at all.
KOKAYNE DAWKiNS
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
KOKAYNE DAWKiNS
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #66 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothfish View Post
You have no clue dude.

People like YOU are the reason PC gaming is dying. Instead of bending over and taking whatever Epic is going to shove our way, we as PC gamers are screaming "Quit with the crappy ports! Focus on making PC games awesome again!".

Once you stop feeding the problem, the problem stops. The reason it hasn't stopped is because everybody on the internet is a poser, and will claim to not support a product but then go right out and buy it *cough*MW2*cough*.
Your argument failed right around the time you assumed I was buying this game(the first sentence fyi, if you couldn't keep up).

Baw I don't have mod tools. This game sucks.
Baw I can't max it at my res. This game sucks.
Baw I can't play on dedicated servers. This game sucks.

Maybe if you PC kids didn't walk around with your ego stuck up your ass Devs might MIGHT be a little more open to making games for your platform(the pc fyi, if you couldn't keep up).

PC gamers are killing PC gaming. Not piracy.
Maximus Decimus
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI GTX 670 PE G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SpinPoint F3 1TB Crucial M4 256GB Samsung w/ Lightscribe Corsair H100 w/ 2x AP-15s 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung UN55D8000 Dell u2412m Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX650 Corsair 500R CM Storm Sentinel Advance II 
  hide details  
Reply
Maximus Decimus
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI GTX 670 PE G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SpinPoint F3 1TB Crucial M4 256GB Samsung w/ Lightscribe Corsair H100 w/ 2x AP-15s 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung UN55D8000 Dell u2412m Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX650 Corsair 500R CM Storm Sentinel Advance II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 146
we dont need epic.

Devs that want to make PC games will make PC games. Look at DICE, and Look at tripwire interactive.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPotato View Post
Yeah we know that, and that's the problem we (or at least most of us) have with developers these days. You may think you're acting all smart and witty siding with the developers, but I'm going to be the first to say, stop posting if your only intention is simply to destroy that which other's care about.
smart ass lol. if you take time to look at yourself then look around this place, you can see that this place is very picky, whiny, and self-fish. the pc gaming community probably has some level headed, mature folks but this place has some serious manchildren with convoluted ideas and serious entitlement issues. how is pc gaming going to get away with twice as much gaming and features as consoles, paying 10-20 dollars less for games, free dlcs, being the main platform for all games all the time? go look around and you'll find this crap here all the time.

just because you play on pc doesn't mean you should get mod tools, free dlcs, and a yacht. if you go a few threads down, you can see everyone getting mad at epic because they weren't going to release dev tools. its quite funny.

only an idiot would market games exclusively to such a crowd which will usually sells less than the console crowd (cuz i try b4 i buy hurr hurr hurr!), unless you can release a half-life sequel or a wow expansion every month. you'll see that most developers don't make games exclusively for pc anymore. valve doesn't even make games exclusively for pc anymore, so does dice, or epic games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al plants Corn View Post
Your argument failed right around the time you assumed I was buying this game(the first sentence fyi, if you couldn't keep up).

Baw I don't have mod tools. This game sucks.
Baw I can't max it at my res. This game sucks.
Baw I can't play on dedicated servers. This game sucks.

Maybe if you PC kids didn't walk around with your ego stuck up your ass Devs might MIGHT be a little more open to making games for your platform(the pc fyi, if you couldn't keep up).

PC gamers are killing PC gaming. Not piracy.
srsly
Edited by dontpwnmebro - 2/17/11 at 9:17pm
post #69 of 146
Not sure if want
teh_ownerer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.01 Asus rampage 3 EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Corsair XMS3 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB + 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Asus Black DVD Combo Burner Windows 7 Professional LG 24" HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX series 750W Cool Master HAF 932 Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
teh_ownerer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.01 Asus rampage 3 EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Corsair XMS3 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB + 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Asus Black DVD Combo Burner Windows 7 Professional LG 24" HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX series 750W Cool Master HAF 932 Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al plants Corn View Post
Your argument failed right around the time you assumed I was buying this game(the first sentence fyi, if you couldn't keep up).

Baw I don't have mod tools. This game sucks.
Baw I can't max it at my res. This game sucks.
Baw I can't play on dedicated servers. This game sucks.

Maybe if you PC kids didn't walk around with your ego stuck up your ass Devs might MIGHT be a little more open to making games for your platform(the pc fyi, if you couldn't keep up).

PC gamers are killing PC gaming. Not piracy.
...and your argument failed the moment you assumed I was assuming you were buying the game.

I never insinuated that you were doing such a thing, I was merely pointing out that people with your attitude were killing the PC gaming industry more than anything. I was specifically referring to when you called several posters "tools" for expressing their opinions on the state of PC gaming.

Your argument further failed when you assumed I was speaking of mod tools, dedicated servers, blah blah blah etc. Never once did I mention any of these issues, but of course you had no argument against me so you had to go and put those words right in my mouth.

I don't believe console games are ruining PC gaming because they don't have dedicated servers, that's idiotic. I believe the PC gaming industry is being destroyed because most big developers are now more focused on making a quick buck than putting out a truly quality game on all platforms, and the most recent wave of consoles really helped them along.

I'm not any kind of PC fanboy. I own an Xbox, PS3, and Wii...I even own a few Macs. For you to try and discredit everything I said with a childish assumption like that is almost embarrassing. All I'm trying to do here is encourage more support towards the few developers that really care about making a worthwhile game, and hopefully redirect some of that revenue going towards the more money-oriented ones (Epic fyi, if you couldn't keep up).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0 1.2v Rampage II Extreme 7970 12gb 1600mhz @ 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair 128gb SSD 2xSeagate 7200.12 RAID 0 2x... BD-RW Prolimatech Megahalems Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1920x1080 48" Samsung TV ione Scorpius M10 Enermax Evo 1250w Custom 
Mouse
Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0 1.2v Rampage II Extreme 7970 12gb 1600mhz @ 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair 128gb SSD 2xSeagate 7200.12 RAID 0 2x... BD-RW Prolimatech Megahalems Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1920x1080 48" Samsung TV ione Scorpius M10 Enermax Evo 1250w Custom 
Mouse
Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] Epic Promises Bulletstorm Will Make Your Computer Weep