aradox Interactive and Turbo Tape Games have announced a new real time strategy game called Naval War: Arctic Circle. It's a maritime RTS that places players at the controls of some of today’s most powerful naval forces, including NATO, the Nordic Alliance, Russia, and the United States, and as the name implies, takes place in the Arctic Circle. The game is scheduled for release in Q1 2012.
- Two campaign modes, telling a narrative from Russian and NATO sides
- On-line play through LAN as well as over the Internet
- Enormous area of game play space, with over 35 million square km of open sea and coast line
- Extreme long range guided and self-guided weaponry; if you can detect the enemy, it will be possible to strike
- Vertical game play, from orbit aerial units to the bottom of the ocean floor using a seamless zoomable map of the entire North Atlantic Ocean
- Detection and evasion focus with realistic sensory measures and countermeasures yielding a strategic game experience based on stealth rather than head on tactical battle
- Great detail in unit management with fewer but more powerful units making selection and management more distinguishable and less cluttered with an unparalelled level of individual detail
- Realistic weather model, with real world implications for tactical and strategical deployment of resources at hand
- Real world units, with all major powers surface, subsurface and aerial units, both contemporarry in service, as well as experimental and on the drawing board
Mods, I know it's *almost* the full article. But there's a video interview in the link that I didn't post. So OCNers can click there for that, I just felt listing the key features was required.
Other than that, game looks pretty sweet. It's control over resources rather than all out warfare. Hit the link for the Interview with the developers.
SourceEdited by ca.j.stokes - 2/17/11 at 6:53pm