Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Pc Gamer Story: I bought a console and I was disappointed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pc Gamer Story: I bought a console and I was disappointed - Page 3

post #21 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuy50;12427814 
I get a perfectly fine experience because I'm not an elitist; I like gaming on the computer and consoles. Each have pros and cons.

how does preferring a PC make you an elitist?
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 53
I went from 360 to pc for a few years then went back to the trusty xbox360, i thought it was total poo at the start, now though i find myself enjoying the games i play , there's quite alot of games for consoles that are'nt out on pc.
Stick with it dude, games may look rubbish at the start but believe me, its not all that bad.
Same with cod and my mates, they play it 24/7 and talk about it 24/7, lol i do'nt play any games with me mates on live.
The Beast Master
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k Gigabyte x99 gaming p sli Gigabyte gtx 980 ti xtreme gaming 4x4gb Kingston fury 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250gb samsung evo Lg Sata Corsair 110i gtx Win10 64Bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Sony 4K 8505 49" corsair tx850 v2 HafX creative x-fi titanium,dts and ddl, z6a 5.1 hea... 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast Master
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k Gigabyte x99 gaming p sli Gigabyte gtx 980 ti xtreme gaming 4x4gb Kingston fury 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250gb samsung evo Lg Sata Corsair 110i gtx Win10 64Bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Sony 4K 8505 49" corsair tx850 v2 HafX creative x-fi titanium,dts and ddl, z6a 5.1 hea... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 53
last console game i bought was MVC3, but only because it wasn't on PC. other than that, I think the last console game I bought was XenoSaga
post #24 of 53
This doesn't AT ALL justify why PC gamer is superiour. Because there are people who say the EXACT OPPOSITE. This is the exact feeling I had when I switched from 2 years of Xbox Live to the PC at first.

This is just a matter of preference for you (PC Gaming is better, but especially not for this reason..)
Edited by HarbingerOfLive - 2/18/11 at 4:55am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarbingerOfLive View Post
This is absolutely retarded. This doesn't AT ALL justify why PC gamer is superiour. Because there are people who say the EXACT OPPOSITE. This is the exact feeling I had when I switched from 2 years of Xbox Live to the PC at first.

This is just a matter of preference for you, and any other retard who actually thinks this is a good justification for why PC Gaming is better. (PC Gaming is better, but especially not for this reason..)
Ad hominem fallacy. Don't insult people when arguing, as it invalidates your point. That is all.
The Subterfugist
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 715 @3.7ghz 1.456v 2.3ghz NB MSI K9A2 Platinum EVGA GTX 570 + PNY 8800gt PPU OCZ REAPER DDR2 6GB 932 4-4-4-10 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB Seagate 7200 RPM Barracuda Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic 22" 1080p VX2250wm-LED Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Power and Cooling Silencer 750w Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech MX518 Razer Megalodon 
  hide details  
Reply
The Subterfugist
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 715 @3.7ghz 1.456v 2.3ghz NB MSI K9A2 Platinum EVGA GTX 570 + PNY 8800gt PPU OCZ REAPER DDR2 6GB 932 4-4-4-10 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB Seagate 7200 RPM Barracuda Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic 22" 1080p VX2250wm-LED Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Power and Cooling Silencer 750w Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech MX518 Razer Megalodon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by InF3Rnus View Post
Ad hominem fallacy. Don't insult people when arguing, as it invalidates your point. That is all.
Ok I edited it . It just saddens me when I see all of these people who actually look at this thread and say " Yea man, know how you feel, damn those consoles suck" When he hasn't really told us a good reason why PC Gaming sucks. Hell I don't even think he was trying to tell that message! So I don't know why people are all using this thread to just state for the billionth time that PC Gaming is superiour.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 53
i quit PC gaming for about 3 yrs and went PS2(when they got REALLY popular), those were the most frustrating years i can ever remember. twice as frustrating as a new baby. since then i pretty much wont even pick up a console controller any more, just as i wont ride a bicycle to work. And its not cuz i did badly at games, i would usually beat all my friends at just about any game we played. Especially FPS's, on consoles it just takes alot more work to get good with those crap controllers where as with PC it takes about a week to get used to mouse and keyboard, then you never look back.
post #28 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarbingerOfLive View Post
Ok I edited it . It just saddens me when I see all of these people who actually look at this thread and say " Yea man, know how you feel, damn those consoles suck" When he hasn't really told us a good reason why PC Gaming sucks. Hell I don't even think he was trying to tell that message! So I don't know why people are all using this thread to just state for the billionth time that PC Gaming is superiour.
I this is hardly as bad as you're making it out to be.

This thread has just gotten to 3 pages and only about 2-3 people have said they prefer PC without actually giving a reason.

Some people who've commented so far say they prefer PC because of the controls or because of online issues, etc. And other people say they prefer consoles, and others again have said they like both and you're making it sound like the entire thread is full of people just bashing on consoles
Coming Soon
(20 items)
 
Phenom II v4
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-8700k ASUS Maximus X Code ASUS ROG Vega 64 Strix 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Evo NVMe m.2 250GB SSD Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD Corsair H100i v2 6x Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 2000RPM PWM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM88-C Ultrawide 21:9 3440x1440 Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Corsair RM750i Corsair Carbide 400C 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Logitech G240 Mousepad Massdrop-Sennheiser HD6xx Fiio E10k DAC 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Massdrop Mini Mic Thrustmaster T16000m Flight Stick Logitech G13 Gamepad Corsair Link Commander Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 1090T ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Gainward Phantom GTX 770 Patriot Viper 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
Sandisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Corsair H100i v2 6x Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 2000RPM PWM LG 34UM88-C Ultrawide 21:9 3440x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Corsair HX1000W Corsair Carbide 400C Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Logitech G240 Mousepad Superlux HD-681 Evo Fiio E10k DAC Thrustmaster T16000m Flight Stick 
OtherOther
Logitech G13 Gamepad Corsair Link Commander Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
Coming Soon
(20 items)
 
Phenom II v4
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-8700k ASUS Maximus X Code ASUS ROG Vega 64 Strix 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Evo NVMe m.2 250GB SSD Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD Corsair H100i v2 6x Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 2000RPM PWM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM88-C Ultrawide 21:9 3440x1440 Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Corsair RM750i Corsair Carbide 400C 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Logitech G240 Mousepad Massdrop-Sennheiser HD6xx Fiio E10k DAC 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Massdrop Mini Mic Thrustmaster T16000m Flight Stick Logitech G13 Gamepad Corsair Link Commander Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 1090T ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Gainward Phantom GTX 770 Patriot Viper 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
Sandisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Corsair H100i v2 6x Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 2000RPM PWM LG 34UM88-C Ultrawide 21:9 3440x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Corsair HX1000W Corsair Carbide 400C Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Logitech G240 Mousepad Superlux HD-681 Evo Fiio E10k DAC Thrustmaster T16000m Flight Stick 
OtherOther
Logitech G13 Gamepad Corsair Link Commander Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 53
I used to like console gaming on the 360 because it offered something that no other console had; live streaming audio while playing online. Thing is, anything that you can have on any console you can have on a PC (save for a few titles), and I don't have to pay a monthly/annual fee to play on PC. If none of these are a factor then it becomes kb+mouse or controller preference, and PC gives you a choice in that regard as well. But since many consider PC gaming this kind of "taboo", and because it's more expensive, if I want a better multiplayer experience I think I'd go for the 360 simply because of the volume of players online.

(btw, I sold my Xbox 360 a while back and have no intention of buying another. PC FTW )
post #30 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laten View Post
THANK YOU!

I thought i was the only one! I got a PS3 3 months ago with a number of exclusive games as well as games that i had on my PC that i couldn't do without. I was open to any form of gaming since i love gaming in general plus my gaming laptop broke a couple of month before. I needed something to cater for my gaming needs... hence i bought a ps3 on sale.

I played it - games like bfbc2, mw2, gt5.... I know this may sound bad, but after playing these games over the period of a month trying to get enjoyment, i just felt saddened by the fact that so many people played on consoles. I kept coming across parts of the game where i thought "This feature would be much better optimized on a PC".

It's like having a world where the majority of people support Hitler - in the sense that they're supporting something wrong. IMO console are just not the best way of having a gaming experience. With PC you can actually immerse yourself in the experience of that particular game, plus theres more variety of games on PC. Only thing consolers understand is FPS, Racer and RPG... there are hundreds of other types of games on PC with huge communities supporting them.

Having a night gaming on consoles is frustrating to say the least.
hey dont say anything about hitler i love him he was a nvidia fanboy.....lol...jk
see this
lol
Edited by ghost_z - 2/18/11 at 5:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Pc Gamer Story: I bought a console and I was disappointed