Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › 45C/90C Watercooled...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

45C/90C Watercooled... - Page 3

post #21 of 53
See how you have your outlet at the right side of your SLI bridge? Try it at the bottom. You may not be getting complete flow through both cards. Did you rock your case a lot to make sure your loop is completely full? That's what it sounds like to me. 90C after 2 minutes sounds like serious flow issues, because if it was block installation you would have had to seriously do it wrong for those kinds of temps.

dsc0006gs.jpg
Edited by Segovax - 2/18/11 at 10:53am
post #22 of 53
Thread Starter 
Okay. Well in terms of that I have a question.

How do I know which GPU is GPU1 and which is GPU2?

I would ASSUME that GPU1 is the one plugged into the highest PCI slot. I could be wrong, right?

If that's the case, then changing those tubes wouldn't really make sense because wouldn't the top block still be getting plenty of water? And that's the hotter one?

THIS IS REALLY DUMB.
post #23 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyeLz View Post
Okay. Well in terms of that I have a question.

How do I know which GPU is GPU1 and which is GPU2?

I would ASSUME that GPU1 is the one plugged into the highest PCI slot. I could be wrong, right?

If that's the case, then changing those tubes wouldn't really make sense because wouldn't the top block still be getting plenty of water? And that's the hotter one?

THIS IS REALLY DUMB.
In my system it depends on the application.

I would assume the hottest card in your loop is the last one as it is last to get the water after your CPU and first GPU.
post #24 of 53
The problem is in the configuration of your EK bridge. This is how the flow works internally:



So as you can see with your current setup the water simply passes through the bridge without going through the cards. You need to have the inlet/outlet on opposite channels on the bridge. I think the easiest way to do this will be to move the to fitting (the one coming from the CPU block) to the left side of the bridge. This will fix your problems and you should then be under 45C load on the GPUs in Furmark, and well under 40C in gaming.

Good luck, and I hope this is the last of your problems!

EDIT: Don't worry about the difference in heat between your two cards, it will be negligible once you actually get some water flowing through the cards!
Edited by charliehorse55 - 2/18/11 at 11:21am
Labor of Love
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 5.0 GHz/1.42v ASUS P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 670 OC 20 GB/1600/7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
120GB Vertex SSD Western Digital 1TB None! Ubuntu 12.04/Win8/OSX 10.8.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 1440p X-Star OCN Mechanical - MX Browns Seasonic X-560 800D w/RX480 top mounted 
Mouse
Logitech USB Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
Labor of Love
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 5.0 GHz/1.42v ASUS P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 670 OC 20 GB/1600/7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
120GB Vertex SSD Western Digital 1TB None! Ubuntu 12.04/Win8/OSX 10.8.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 1440p X-Star OCN Mechanical - MX Browns Seasonic X-560 800D w/RX480 top mounted 
Mouse
Logitech USB Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post
The problem is in the configuration of your EK bridge. This is how the flow works internally:



So as you can see with your current setup the water simply passes through the bridge without going through the cards. You need to have the inlet/outlet on opposite channels on the bridge. I think the easiest way to do this will be to move the to fitting (the one coming from the CPU block) to the left side of the bridge. This will fix your problems and you should then be under 45C load on the GPUs in Furmark, and well under 40C in gaming.

Good luck, and I hope this is the last of your problems!

EDIT: Don't worry about the difference in heat between your two cards, it will be negligible once you actually get some water flowing through the cards!
Wouldn't moving it to the bottom left like I suggested be best?
post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
Wouldn't moving it to the bottom left like I suggested be best?
It really wouldn't make any difference to temperatures but it would make the tube routing more difficult so that's why I suggested he just move the top fitting.
Labor of Love
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 5.0 GHz/1.42v ASUS P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 670 OC 20 GB/1600/7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
120GB Vertex SSD Western Digital 1TB None! Ubuntu 12.04/Win8/OSX 10.8.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 1440p X-Star OCN Mechanical - MX Browns Seasonic X-560 800D w/RX480 top mounted 
Mouse
Logitech USB Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
Labor of Love
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 5.0 GHz/1.42v ASUS P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 670 OC 20 GB/1600/7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
120GB Vertex SSD Western Digital 1TB None! Ubuntu 12.04/Win8/OSX 10.8.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 1440p X-Star OCN Mechanical - MX Browns Seasonic X-560 800D w/RX480 top mounted 
Mouse
Logitech USB Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 53
Two options.

a) The blocks are not well seated. Take into account that any GPU is the EASIEST part of the loop to cool (heck, a TON easier to cool than any cpu), because the die area es enourmous and power consumption not that high.

b) The water does not flow properly. You may have mounted the SLI link wrong and so water does not recirculate.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI P67 GD65 GTX460 1GB GTX460 1GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill Ripjaws Crucial C300 Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 x GT AP15 Win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Noppoo Choc mini Corsair HX620 Microcool Banchetto rev. 2.0 black aluminium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie EC1 Zowie Fiio E7 + E9 / Sennheiser HD 25 1 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 53
See my drawing in your other post about Games crashing. I put a drawing in there showing how the SLI bridge works.

basically the Bridge splits the water and let it run in parallel through the cards (with half the normal flow). The water passes into one of the tubes (left or right) inside the bridge. Then it SIMULTANOUSLY enters both cards at the same time. After it passes through the cards it exists into the other tube (left or right).




Move the top fitting to the left hole and you have solved your problem.


/Nordar
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k I7 Asus Hero VIII MSI 980Ti 16GB 3200 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 750 400GB  OCZ Vertex 2 100GB  HGST Deststar 4TB WD Caviar Black 2 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Rads, EKWB blocks, Gentle Typhoons Win 10, Pro 64 bit Dell 27", 1440P Das Keyboard 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider ST-1500 Lian Li PC-A77B 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k I7 Asus Hero VIII MSI 980Ti 16GB 3200 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 750 400GB  OCZ Vertex 2 100GB  HGST Deststar 4TB WD Caviar Black 2 TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Rads, EKWB blocks, Gentle Typhoons Win 10, Pro 64 bit Dell 27", 1440P Das Keyboard 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider ST-1500 Lian Li PC-A77B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 53
Exactly what Charlie said...water is passing through the bridge without properly flowing through the gpu blocks. I know...I did it myself.
post #30 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid View Post
Exactly what Charlie said...water is passing through the bridge without properly flowing through the gpu blocks. I know...I did it myself.
Did you get high 90s temperatures?

I thank you all for those diagrams and explanations. Apparently I will be draining my loop and retubing.

In order to get the best flow, I am thinking of redoing my tubes here. What would be the best possible flow on the bridge?

I was thinking of doing top left to bottom right. It wouldn't be too much of a hassle. Would that be best?

Thanks guys...I really hope this is the solution.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › 45C/90C Watercooled...