Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › help with watercooling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

help with watercooling

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
OK, considering my system is pretty nicely done, dont really need to buy anything besides maybe a sound card. i have deceided to give water cooling a try. i have kinda decided on doing a XSPC Rasa kit since i would rather spend $130ish and decide im to scared to continue then to spend $200+ picking out parts, ordering the wrong thing and not being happy. Some of my concerns are will i have that much of a difference in temps over my cpu hs now? also should i spend the extra to get the rs360 instead of the rs240? Considering i void my warranty on my gpu's if i ever remove the HS and my gpu's run pretty cool and cant be overclocked, there isnt much reason to do more then just the cpu right now...unless i would do the chipset since these crosshairs are notorious for running hot. so, sorry for rambling, but would you recommend the rs 360 or rs 240? and would you recommend if im just doing the cpu to also do the chipset or is it not worth it?
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 8
There's one thing I know for sure. Your temps will decrease.... drastically.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5400 G31TM-P31 (MS-7529) NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Kingston (generic 6-6-6-18 @ 400mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 250GB (ST3250318AS) Liteon CD/DVD-RW x22 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Ubuntu 10.10 x86 / Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Dual-... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X193HQ Genius KB 110 Corsair HX450 Something Generic 
MouseMouse Pad
Genius Netscroll 120 $4 Mousepad from CD-R King 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5400 G31TM-P31 (MS-7529) NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Kingston (generic 6-6-6-18 @ 400mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 250GB (ST3250318AS) Liteon CD/DVD-RW x22 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Ubuntu 10.10 x86 / Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Dual-... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X193HQ Genius KB 110 Corsair HX450 Something Generic 
MouseMouse Pad
Genius Netscroll 120 $4 Mousepad from CD-R King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryagainplss View Post
There's one thing I know for sure. Your temps will decrease.... drastically.
thanks, i am still trying to find out if these are decent kits and if there is any better for the $
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 8
i would check this out first and it'll answer a lot of questions you have.

and i recommend the RX series.
The Cleaner
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 980X UD-9 GTX 480 SLI EK BLOCKS Corsair Dom GT 2000MHZ TR3X 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Lots of UBER PR0N GIGS W7 H223BHMID Main Screen U2410x3 (storage for now) Filco Majestice Linear R 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 1000HX HA a JOKE RATz9 Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
The Cleaner
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 980X UD-9 GTX 480 SLI EK BLOCKS Corsair Dom GT 2000MHZ TR3X 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Lots of UBER PR0N GIGS W7 H223BHMID Main Screen U2410x3 (storage for now) Filco Majestice Linear R 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 1000HX HA a JOKE RATz9 Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Destroyer View Post
thanks, i am still trying to find out if these are decent kits and if there is any better for the $
There's no better kit than the Rasa 750.

The only thing that can beat it is a more expensive custom loop.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5400 G31TM-P31 (MS-7529) NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Kingston (generic 6-6-6-18 @ 400mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 250GB (ST3250318AS) Liteon CD/DVD-RW x22 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Ubuntu 10.10 x86 / Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Dual-... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X193HQ Genius KB 110 Corsair HX450 Something Generic 
MouseMouse Pad
Genius Netscroll 120 $4 Mousepad from CD-R King 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5400 G31TM-P31 (MS-7529) NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Kingston (generic 6-6-6-18 @ 400mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 250GB (ST3250318AS) Liteon CD/DVD-RW x22 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Ubuntu 10.10 x86 / Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Dual-... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X193HQ Genius KB 110 Corsair HX450 Something Generic 
MouseMouse Pad
Genius Netscroll 120 $4 Mousepad from CD-R King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryagainplss View Post
There's no better kit than the Rasa 750.

The only thing that can beat it is a more expensive custom loop.
and would some yate loons(green led) be a good choice for upgrades of the stock fans that come with the kit?
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Destroyer View Post
and would some yate loons(green led) be a good choice for upgrades of the stock fans that come with the kit?
Gentle Typhoon AP-15s are the best for radiators, but Yate Loons are pretty decent too.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5400 G31TM-P31 (MS-7529) NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Kingston (generic 6-6-6-18 @ 400mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 250GB (ST3250318AS) Liteon CD/DVD-RW x22 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Ubuntu 10.10 x86 / Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Dual-... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X193HQ Genius KB 110 Corsair HX450 Something Generic 
MouseMouse Pad
Genius Netscroll 120 $4 Mousepad from CD-R King 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5400 G31TM-P31 (MS-7529) NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Kingston (generic 6-6-6-18 @ 400mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 250GB (ST3250318AS) Liteon CD/DVD-RW x22 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Ubuntu 10.10 x86 / Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Dual-... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X193HQ Genius KB 110 Corsair HX450 Something Generic 
MouseMouse Pad
Genius Netscroll 120 $4 Mousepad from CD-R King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Destroyer View Post
OK, considering my system is pretty nicely done, dont really need to buy anything besides maybe a sound card. i have deceided to give water cooling a try. i have kinda decided on doing a XSPC Rasa kit since i would rather spend $130ish and decide im to scared to continue then to spend $200+ picking out parts, ordering the wrong thing and not being happy. Some of my concerns are will i have that much of a difference in temps over my cpu hs now? also should i spend the extra to get the rs360 instead of the rs240? Considering i void my warranty on my gpu's if i ever remove the HS and my gpu's run pretty cool and cant be overclocked, there isnt much reason to do more then just the cpu right now...unless i would do the chipset since these crosshairs are notorious for running hot. so, sorry for rambling, but would you recommend the rs 360 or rs 240? and would you recommend if im just doing the cpu to also do the chipset or is it not worth it?
Get the RX360 Rasa 750 Kit for starters. Then, if you like how it cools your CPU, you can add your video card later. You don't have to do it all at once. I don't think by removing the cooler on the video card you void your warranty. I know EVGA doesn't do that. Just keep the stock cooler to RMA it if it ever dies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › help with watercooling