Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Building a new pc for my dad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Building a new pc for my dad - Page 2

post #11 of 17
Seven fans might be a little overkill and extra loud.

For the psu, not really a great selection in that price range on that site. The OCZ isn't the best reputation supply but it is 80 plus unlike a lot of those supplies.

The corsair 450 vx is 50 pounds. Corsair is a good brand, but the vx series isn't their strongest series of psus.
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/prod...code=PSC-450VX

Are there other sites you can buy from? You really want a good branded, 80 plus 400-500w psu, worth paying a few pounds premium for.

Rest of the build looks solid. I might consider a newer card over the 8800 just because the 8800 could run hot and loud and burn power compared to some of the newer less powerful dx11 gpus (5550,5570,430).
i7
(14 items)
 
AMD
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8Z68-V Pro HIS 7870 IceQ X 4x4 Gskill Sniper 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 64gb ssd Samsung F3 1tb Corsair H80 Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway FHX2402L LED-LCD 24in 1080p Logitech K120 Corsair TX 850W NZXT Phantom White 
Mouse
Rude Fierce Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
i7
(14 items)
 
AMD
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8Z68-V Pro HIS 7870 IceQ X 4x4 Gskill Sniper 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 64gb ssd Samsung F3 1tb Corsair H80 Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway FHX2402L LED-LCD 24in 1080p Logitech K120 Corsair TX 850W NZXT Phantom White 
Mouse
Rude Fierce Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
Seven fans might be a little overkill and extra loud.

For the psu, not really a great selection in that price range on that site. The OCZ isn't the best reputation supply but it is 80 plus unlike a lot of those supplies.

The corsair 450 vx is 50 pounds. Corsair is a good brand, but the vx series isn't their strongest series of psus.
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/prod...code=PSC-450VX

Are there other sites you can buy from? You really want a good branded, 80 plus 400-500w psu, worth paying a few pounds premium for.

Rest of the build looks solid. I might consider a newer card over the 8800 just because the 8800 could run hot and loud and burn power compared to some of the newer less powerful dx11 gpus (5550,5570,430).
Cheers, and just want some blue fans in it fill out the case with them, then just replace the 212 plus fans. Noise isnt a problem. Not using my 8800gt for it no more, got a palit gts 250 1gb for the build!

EDIT: will this setup be able to run off one of these http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/prod...code=PSC-430CX ?
post #13 of 17
At only 38.4CFM, definitely not a good choice whatsoever for CPU cooler. You can replace the fans on the case, but definitely don't recommend it for the Hyper 212+.
And too many LED fans in a build actually looks bad when placed in proper places i.e. front fan + side fan, or front fans + top fans... it can look good, otherwise your case will look pretty ugly with a huge light coming from inside of it
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
At only 38.4CFM, definitely not a good choice whatsoever for CPU cooler. You can replace the fans on the case, but definitely don't recommend it for the Hyper 212+.
And too many LED fans in a build actually looks bad when placed in proper places i.e. front fan + side fan, or front fans + top fans... it can look good, otherwise your case will look pretty ugly with a huge light coming from inside of it
i see what your saying.. :/ maybe i should get the fans sorted out
post #15 of 17
Just gonna pop this here:

Ive had nothing but absoloute S**t from Eclipse computers. All you have to do is type their name into google to get a host of bad reviews from consumers.

My personal experience: Ordered a case for my first ever build, it was a birthday present, and i ordered it 3 weeks in advance. Got an email saying it was despatched the same day. So a week passes, and no case, i phone them up and they say "we'll call you back in 5 mins to confirm your order has been processed"

1 hour later, no call. I phone them back, and lone behold, they havn't despatched the case and i ask to talk to the manager. He sounded like he was on drugs, so i cancelled the order then and there.

Completely useless, terrible company. Whole build was delayed past my birthday, yay!
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz Asus Sabertooth Z77 MSI GTX970 Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung SSD 120GB Samsung 2.5" HDD 500GB EK Supremacy Clear CQC w/White LED's 360mm Alphacool Rad 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Win 10 CM Storm mechanical Antec 620W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse Pad
Corsair M65 RGB Roccat  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 4210H Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB 8GB  1TB+8GB HDSDD 
OS
Win 10 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz Asus Sabertooth Z77 MSI GTX970 Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung SSD 120GB Samsung 2.5" HDD 500GB EK Supremacy Clear CQC w/White LED's 360mm Alphacool Rad 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Win 10 CM Storm mechanical Antec 620W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse Pad
Corsair M65 RGB Roccat  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 4210H Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB 8GB  1TB+8GB HDSDD 
OS
Win 10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil262 View Post
Just gonna pop this here:

Ive had nothing but absoloute S**t from Eclipse computers. All you have to do is type their name into google to get a host of bad reviews from consumers.

My personal experience: Ordered a case for my first ever build, it was a birthday present, and i ordered it 3 weeks in advance. Got an email saying it was despatched the same day. So a week passes, and no case, i phone them up and they say "we'll call you back in 5 mins to confirm your order has been processed"

1 hour later, no call. I phone them back, and lone behold, they havn't despatched the case and i ask to talk to the manager. He sounded like he was on drugs, so i cancelled the order then and there.

Completely useless, terrible company. Whole build was delayed past my birthday, yay!
unlucky dude, the only reason im buying my stuff from there is because its local and i just go instore and have a look around and i know they guys there so... just makes it easier, ill remind them about your case though
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roweyi7 View Post
Cheers, and just want some blue fans in it fill out the case with them, then just replace the 212 plus fans. Noise isnt a problem. Not using my 8800gt for it no more, got a palit gts 250 1gb for the build!

EDIT: will this setup be able to run off one of these http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/prod...code=PSC-430CX ?
All the fans will take a fair amount of power. I'd say it should handle the 250 + 95w X4 stock + 1 hdd and a couple fans just fine. Add all the fans, overclock the card and the processor and add another hd or two down the line and you'd want more power. Generally isn't a good idea to run a power supply near or at its rating, though the 430w cx is a quality single rail (though the cx are not as quality as the more expensive corsair units which have better capacitors). The PSU should really be one of the best parts of the rig. Would not try to save money with the psu.
i7
(14 items)
 
AMD
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8Z68-V Pro HIS 7870 IceQ X 4x4 Gskill Sniper 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 64gb ssd Samsung F3 1tb Corsair H80 Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway FHX2402L LED-LCD 24in 1080p Logitech K120 Corsair TX 850W NZXT Phantom White 
Mouse
Rude Fierce Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
i7
(14 items)
 
AMD
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8Z68-V Pro HIS 7870 IceQ X 4x4 Gskill Sniper 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 64gb ssd Samsung F3 1tb Corsair H80 Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway FHX2402L LED-LCD 24in 1080p Logitech K120 Corsair TX 850W NZXT Phantom White 
Mouse
Rude Fierce Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Building a new pc for my dad