Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › P8P67 Red Light Woes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

P8P67 Red Light Woes - Page 2

post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
Do you have to do a clean install of an operating system when buying all new stuff? Agh.... Need help
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighteam View Post
Do you have to do a clean install of an operating system when buying all new stuff? Agh.... Need help
I would recommend doing a clean installation. But as for ram working make sure you put it in the correct recommended banks. And update your board to the latest bios. I recommend bios 1204, no problems with that bios. Don't try the beta bios' floating around, someone ended up screwing up their board with a beta bios at XS. When you first install your ram the lights will come up and it will optimize for the default memory speeds. But as far as I can tell, there's absolutely no difference in performance using 1333 and 1600 memory. Faster memory doesn't really do much for Sandy Bridge. I know this kit works for sure. But I know people are going to cry "OMG you can get performance memory for that price!" Sure you could, but it doesn't do much to further improve Sandy Bridge. Real world performance 1333 or 1600+ and timings don't make a difference. It's only when you're benching you'll see a difference.
Skylake Is Here!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Batch #L535B021 4.7Ghz @ 1.296V GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB  Crucial BX100 250 GB SanDisk SSDPlus 240 GB NZXT Kraken X61  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 & 10 Dell UltraSharp 2913WM 21:9 2560x1080 Ducky Shine 4, CODE WASD, Deck Legend, G710+ EVGA SuperNova G2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid-Tower Ducky Secret SteelSeries Fostex Purple Heart TH-X00 
Audio
AKG K553 Pro, Philips SHP9500, Superlux 668B, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake Is Here!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Batch #L535B021 4.7Ghz @ 1.296V GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB  Crucial BX100 250 GB SanDisk SSDPlus 240 GB NZXT Kraken X61  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 & 10 Dell UltraSharp 2913WM 21:9 2560x1080 Ducky Shine 4, CODE WASD, Deck Legend, G710+ EVGA SuperNova G2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid-Tower Ducky Secret SteelSeries Fostex Purple Heart TH-X00 
Audio
AKG K553 Pro, Philips SHP9500, Superlux 668B, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoob View Post
I would recommend doing a clean installation. But as for ram working make sure you put it in the correct recommended banks. And update your board to the latest bios. I recommend bios 1204, no problems with that bios. Don't try the beta bios' floating around, someone ended up screwing up their board with a beta bios at XS. When you first install your ram the lights will come up and it will optimize for the default memory speeds. But as far as I can tell, there's absolutely no difference in performance using 1333 and 1600 memory. Faster memory doesn't really do much for Sandy Bridge. I know this kit works for sure. But I know people are going to cry "OMG you can get performance memory for that price!" Sure you could, but it doesn't do much to further improve Sandy Bridge. Real world performance 1333 or 1600+ and timings don't make a difference. It's only when you're benching you'll see a difference.
I've updated the bios, but no change. Any other recommendations?
post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 
Just confirmed that my ram is on the qualified vendors list... Hmm. Memtest shows that ram is good, but I continue to get a single red flash while attempting to boot (bsod). I might have narrowed it down to OS. Literally the second the Windows 7 boot screen appears, I get a bsod.
post #15 of 23
I've got the same exact problem. Red ram light, and blue screens/freezing. It's been happening since day one. Here's the setup:

P8P67
i7-2600
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 Cas8
OCZ Vertex 2
ATI 4670 1Gb
Creative Labs SB

I've tried changing everything, and had no luck. Replaced the CPU, memory, hd, video card, power supply, I've tried without the sound card, I've tried running the hd off the intel controller and the marvel controller, I've tried every different bios for that board. None of those changes affected the problem in any way, it just keeps happening.
I've also replaced the motherboard itself, it was replaced for another P8P67. The problem still happens.

I can't think of anything else, there is nothing else left to replace, I figure it must be a fundamental design flaw in that motherboard.

So unless anybody has any other suggestions, I'm just going to wait until the new SB boards get released. Then I can get a free replacement, and just hope the problem gets addressed in the new version.
Death Star
(21 items)
 
Darksaber
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 245 Asus M3A78 Radeon HD6570 1GB Mushkin Silverline 2GB DDR2  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 Samsung 46" DLP 
PowerCaseOther
Silverstone Strider Essentials 400W Silverstone Milo ML03B Hauppage WinTV 1250 
  hide details  
Reply
Death Star
(21 items)
 
Darksaber
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 245 Asus M3A78 Radeon HD6570 1GB Mushkin Silverline 2GB DDR2  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 Samsung 46" DLP 
PowerCaseOther
Silverstone Strider Essentials 400W Silverstone Milo ML03B Hauppage WinTV 1250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Did you pull your SSD from a different config? I'm going to try doing a clean install tomorrow.
post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 
Update: I've captured the blue screen error codes (finally) and they're hard drive boot failures... This occurs on the SSD and HDD (both with Windows 7 already installed).

I don't understand how I pulled these from my previous system and they won't boot... I have yet to try a clean install (because I need all of the data on them!!).

Suggestions?
post #18 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I've got the same exact problem. Red ram light, and blue screens/freezing. It's been happening since day one. Here's the setup:

P8P67
i7-2600
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 Cas8
OCZ Vertex 2
ATI 4670 1Gb
Creative Labs SB

I've tried changing everything, and had no luck. Replaced the CPU, memory, hd, video card, power supply, I've tried without the sound card, I've tried running the hd off the intel controller and the marvel controller, I've tried every different bios for that board. None of those changes affected the problem in any way, it just keeps happening.
I've also replaced the motherboard itself, it was replaced for another P8P67. The problem still happens.

I can't think of anything else, there is nothing else left to replace, I figure it must be a fundamental design flaw in that motherboard.

So unless anybody has any other suggestions, I'm just going to wait until the new SB boards get released. Then I can get a free replacement, and just hope the problem gets addressed in the new version.
YO!! Huge update. Thanks everyone for your help. This is how I fixed it wedge. It appears that all my SATA ports shipped defective (WHAT THE ****!!!). So I went into the bios and changed the Sata to IDE interface. When I selected the IDE interface and booted, everything worked. No more blue screens and I finally got to my desktop.
post #19 of 23
lol defective sata on sandbridge??



NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT
I love Corsair
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x Xeon E5645 OC'd 4GHZ EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2) Palit + Gigabyte GTX 580 3GB in SLI 12GB Corsair XMS3 + 12GB Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x Intel 510 in RAID for boot + 4TB for storage Blu Ray combo drive from samsung Windows 7 "pro" 3x Asus VEH467 with trifxstand + LG IPS  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate Strider 1k Silver 800D G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Miniature rug Some 100$ sound card my dad used to own. 
  hide details  
Reply
I love Corsair
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x Xeon E5645 OC'd 4GHZ EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2) Palit + Gigabyte GTX 580 3GB in SLI 12GB Corsair XMS3 + 12GB Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4x Intel 510 in RAID for boot + 4TB for storage Blu Ray combo drive from samsung Windows 7 "pro" 3x Asus VEH467 with trifxstand + LG IPS  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate Strider 1k Silver 800D G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Miniature rug Some 100$ sound card my dad used to own. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighteam View Post
Did you pull your SSD from a different config? I'm going to try doing a clean install tomorrow.
Nope, fresh install. Win7 Home Premium 64-bit
Also tried XP, same results.
Death Star
(21 items)
 
Darksaber
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 245 Asus M3A78 Radeon HD6570 1GB Mushkin Silverline 2GB DDR2  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 Samsung 46" DLP 
PowerCaseOther
Silverstone Strider Essentials 400W Silverstone Milo ML03B Hauppage WinTV 1250 
  hide details  
Reply
Death Star
(21 items)
 
Darksaber
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 245 Asus M3A78 Radeon HD6570 1GB Mushkin Silverline 2GB DDR2  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 Samsung 46" DLP 
PowerCaseOther
Silverstone Strider Essentials 400W Silverstone Milo ML03B Hauppage WinTV 1250 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › P8P67 Red Light Woes