Originally Posted by draggy
I ended up going from a slightly unstable 4GHz B55 x4 with a voltage of 1.56, to a very stable x3 @ 4.21GHz with 1.525v. It was because my 3rd core was clearly less stable then the rest. Disabling it gave me a lot more headroom and stability.
I also set acc to +12on the 3 cores I used per ~kRon1k~'s suggestion. I don't know if it made a difference or not because I wasn't testing that in particular.
im going to try this ive officially settled for 4065mhz any higher than that and i have to push past 1.51v and im not willing to go past 1.52v just yet seeing as ive only had it a month. im not willing to have it slowly degrade like my 550 did after pushing my 550 to 4.1ghz at 1.56v if i tried to run it at stock it got really boggy and acted sluggish. i will try it as a triple core tonight and see how far i can push it. my 4th core has to be the defective one since its the only one that throws out consistently in the same tests. ive run p95, occt,linx,ibt, amd over drive and aida64 stability test. reading the test logs they all point to core 4 as the culprit.