Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Opinions on my purchase? (MOBO+CPU)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Opinions on my purchase? (MOBO+CPU) - Page 2

post #11 of 24
1075T + 5850 + 9800GT would do fine on a 750W and still be at efficient usage levels
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
1075T + 5850 + 9800GT would do fine on a 750W and still be at efficient usage levels
I know but I got this PSU for the same price as a decent 750w PSU
post #13 of 24
Thread Starter 
.....Derailed?
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz Asus M4A77TD PNY GTS 450 XLR8 4 Gigs Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Sata 500gb 20x DVD+rw Windows 7 ultimate HP w1907 1400x900, Samsung 32" HD LCD TV 1360x768 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler master elite 460 (420 watt) HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition Engage gaming series 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz Asus M4A77TD PNY GTS 450 XLR8 4 Gigs Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Sata 500gb 20x DVD+rw Windows 7 ultimate HP w1907 1400x900, Samsung 32" HD LCD TV 1360x768 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler master elite 460 (420 watt) HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition Engage gaming series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 24
go ahead with that purchase regrdless u will see a huge jump in performance going from a single to 3 core(+chance of unlocking 4th core=free performance boost)....
and just one more thing...it would be better if u get a hd5770 or gts 450 imo...coz at ur monitor's resolution they will be just fine.....no need to spend on a gtx 460/hd6850...
instead spend more on a gud proccy instead of a gfx card because at that low resolution the cpu will become the limiting factor......
post #15 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_z View Post
go ahead with that purchase regrdless u will see a huge jump in performance going from a single to 3 core(+chance of unlocking 4th core=free performance boost)....
and just one more thing...it would be better if u get a hd5770 or gts 450 imo...coz at ur monitor's resolution they will be just fine.....no need to spend on a gtx 460/hd6850...
instead spend more on a gud proccy instead of a gfx card because at that low resolution the cpu will become the limiting factor......
I had actually thought about this but I wasnt dead set on this monitor (I want a 22+)

I think since the gts450 is no longer on sale I might end up with the 5770.

**Crosses finger that the core unlocks and is stable**
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz Asus M4A77TD PNY GTS 450 XLR8 4 Gigs Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Sata 500gb 20x DVD+rw Windows 7 ultimate HP w1907 1400x900, Samsung 32" HD LCD TV 1360x768 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler master elite 460 (420 watt) HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition Engage gaming series 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz Asus M4A77TD PNY GTS 450 XLR8 4 Gigs Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Sata 500gb 20x DVD+rw Windows 7 ultimate HP w1907 1400x900, Samsung 32" HD LCD TV 1360x768 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler master elite 460 (420 watt) HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition Engage gaming series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 24
you should see if bb has the a50/a70 in stock and get one of those

i got my sig rig mobo/cpu combo from newegg for $150 over a year ago

imo, get other stuff you need from bb and use cash/credit for parts from newegg or microcenter
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejrxx View Post
you should see if bb has the a50/a70 in stock and get one of those

i got my sig rig mobo/cpu combo from newegg for $150 over a year ago

imo, get other stuff you need from bb and use cash/credit for parts from newegg or microcenter
That would be nice if I had any.....

The BB gift cards are "free" and the largest upgrade was the Mobo / CPU, but thanks for the input.
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz Asus M4A77TD PNY GTS 450 XLR8 4 Gigs Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Sata 500gb 20x DVD+rw Windows 7 ultimate HP w1907 1400x900, Samsung 32" HD LCD TV 1360x768 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler master elite 460 (420 watt) HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition Engage gaming series 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz Asus M4A77TD PNY GTS 450 XLR8 4 Gigs Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Sata 500gb 20x DVD+rw Windows 7 ultimate HP w1907 1400x900, Samsung 32" HD LCD TV 1360x768 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler master elite 460 (420 watt) HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition Engage gaming series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
I had actually thought about this but I wasnt dead set on this monitor (I want a 22+)

I think since the gts450 is no longer on sale I might end up with the 5770.

**Crosses finger that the core unlocks and is stable**
if u r going to get a 22+ monitor then its better to take a gtx 460/hd6850....
i thought u r going to use ur current monitors.....
post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_z View Post
if u r going to get a 22+ monitor then its better to take a gtx 460/hd6850....
i thought u r going to use ur current monitors.....
Yeah the budget as I said is tight but its not null, The basic idea is to build the PC to be upgradeable (IE I dont plan on having the athlon chip for more than a year before upgrading to something better.) so the 22+ monitor would be later but at least it would be an option and I wouldnt have to buy the HD 5770 then buy the monitor and buy another card to support it.

My board is a single slot PCI-e so it limits me to upgrading to a second 5770 (Although I could upgrade my wifes PC with my current single slot board buy a dual slot and transfer over my 5770 and add another crossfire).

I dont know though we shall see.

-Vudu
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz Asus M4A77TD PNY GTS 450 XLR8 4 Gigs Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Sata 500gb 20x DVD+rw Windows 7 ultimate HP w1907 1400x900, Samsung 32" HD LCD TV 1360x768 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler master elite 460 (420 watt) HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition Engage gaming series 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz Asus M4A77TD PNY GTS 450 XLR8 4 Gigs Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Sata 500gb 20x DVD+rw Windows 7 ultimate HP w1907 1400x900, Samsung 32" HD LCD TV 1360x768 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler master elite 460 (420 watt) HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition Engage gaming series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
Yeah the budget as I said is tight but its not null, The basic idea is to build the PC to be upgradeable (IE I dont plan on having the athlon chip for more than a year before upgrading to something better.) so the 22+ monitor would be later but at least it would be an option and I wouldnt have to buy the HD 5770 then buy the monitor and buy another card to support it.

My board is a single slot PCI-e so it limits me to upgrading to a second 5770 (Although I could upgrade my wifes PC with my current single slot board buy a dual slot and transfer over my 5770 and add another crossfire).

I dont know though we shall see.

-Vudu
in that case if u r going to upgrade after a year then dont spend too much...
use ur current monitors and try to find used gts250/9800gtx(or new ones will also be gud)....
it would still be enough for ur res for most games(exclude crysis,metro)....
Edited by ghost_z - 2/22/11 at 9:28am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Opinions on my purchase? (MOBO+CPU)