Originally Posted by jeffdamann
Fresh install. Its really frustrating with my bios taking so long, it totally cancels out my ssd's speed of loading windows.
Sorry if these seem redundant, but they're things that are so commonly overlooked:
1) Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
2) Have you disabled the OPROM's in the BIOS? (These add a TON of boot time)
3) Have you tried setting your SATA to hot plug enabled? (I think this is an option on the CHV. I know it is on the Intel side of Asus boards.)
4) Have you tried using a different SATA port for your windows drive? Some SSD's don't play nice with Intel/Marvel ports.
5) Have you tried unplugging EVERYTHING but your windows drive to see if there is a conflict with another drive/SATA device?
6) Have you updated to the latest BIOS version? Sometimes these issues are resolved in a later BIOS build.
Just some stuff to take a look at.