I am very new to the concept of Water Cooling. I have seen lots of videos on WC on Youtube, and all, and i like the idea. Hence wanted to explore it myself. I have been using a computer on air cooling since over a decade now. But this is my first attempt in even understanding the concepts on water cooling. I have read the sticky on this section for water cooling, however many of my questions remain unanswered.
Please help me under stand these.
1. Couple of years back i had read the disadvantages of water cooling, and couple of them were.. that water cooling in a rig can fry up your computer cos they leak. Just wanted to know.. how much far has wc cooling come from the leaking problem. Can today's watercooling mechanism leak??
2. Why water cool?? Do people water cool only gaming rigs?? I will be using heavy cpu intensive applications such as VMware, Linux, Oracle Databases, Photoshoping, video editing.. CCE video encoding, plus gaming occationally. I know WC is a gaming enthusiast adventure, but i would like to try it.
3. What next after setting up a WC rig?? Meaning, i read somewhere, that maintainig the WC rig requires maintenance every month.. i.e. clearing the water and refilling it??
4. Most importantly i wanted to know.. if i can keep a WC computer up and running for extended periods of time. I keep my air cooled PC on for 24/7 most of the time for months togather. I guess last i shutdown/restarted my PC was 4 months back, its been running since.
5. Does watercoooling decrease the life of any computer components??
6. Last but not the least.. can someone guide me to a comprehensive guide on Water cooling, the first article in the sticky is still somewhat complicated for noobs.
Edited by holyindian - 2/21/11 at 3:40pm