Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Maximus IV Extreme Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Asus Maximus IV Extreme Owners Club - Page 208

post #2071 of 2083
Indeed, I read comments saying precisely that on forums discussing the USB issue a while ago, here and elsewhere.

The PCIe cards were pretty cheap (another reason why I'm not expecting much), but proper x4 cards were way too much for my budget. The only reason I can think of why Intel doesn't produce its own SATA3 card is because they reckon it could hurt sales of newer mbds (if older S775/S1366 boards could be fitted with a card that actually worked, ditto later
boards plagued with poor Marvell controllers, there'd be less incentive to upgrade, at least for some). Irony is, the rise of ever cheaper PCIe-based M.2 adapters and SSDs may provide this route anyway, but in a far more potent form; only thing holding this back is the higher per-GB cost of NVMe M.2. For the M4E, I've been wondering whether, for a 2-GPU setup, the following config would work (this is using the slot names from page 2-14 of the M4E owners manual):

PCIE_X16/8_1: M.2 adapter + SSD (boot)
PCIE_X16_2: GPU
PCIE_X16_4: GPU

I'm sure it would work ok with a single GPU (as then one can use PCIE_X8_3 for the GPU, which doesn't involve the NF200), but the dual-GPU config is the more interesting case. Who knows, maybe it would work for a SATA M.2 SSD, but not NVMe. Either way, I don't have the parts to test yet, but it's something I'm keeping an eye on, if I can pick up some used items with which to run tests in the future (or has anyone here already tried this?).

Oh, for anyone interested in potential upgrades, I have GTX 980 SLI results on my site and on 3DMark (need to write up pages for these), all done with a 5GHz 2700K.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5GHz i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme (P67) EVGA GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 16GB (2 x 8) GSkill TridentX DDR3/2400 running ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB OCZ Vertex4 256GB Samsung Spintpoint F3 1TB LG 22X DVDRW (Model GH22NP20) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H80 CPU Watercooler with two Nanoxia De... Nanoxia Deep Silence 140mm PWM 2x Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Arctic F8 2x Evercool 40x40x10mm chipset fans Windows 7 Professional 64bit + Autopatcher HP LP2475W HIPS 1920x1200 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cyborg V7 USB Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Modular Antec 300 A4Tech Laser Mouse USB 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
SGI Onboard. Thrustmaster T-16000M Joystick CH Pro Throttle 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech G13 Gamepad Corsair H2100 Gaming Headset and Mic 2x Lepai TA-2020-A Mini Power Amps. 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5GHz i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme (P67) EVGA GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 16GB (2 x 8) GSkill TridentX DDR3/2400 running ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB OCZ Vertex4 256GB Samsung Spintpoint F3 1TB LG 22X DVDRW (Model GH22NP20) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H80 CPU Watercooler with two Nanoxia De... Nanoxia Deep Silence 140mm PWM 2x Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Arctic F8 2x Evercool 40x40x10mm chipset fans Windows 7 Professional 64bit + Autopatcher HP LP2475W HIPS 1920x1200 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cyborg V7 USB Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Modular Antec 300 A4Tech Laser Mouse USB 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
SGI Onboard. Thrustmaster T-16000M Joystick CH Pro Throttle 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech G13 Gamepad Corsair H2100 Gaming Headset and Mic 2x Lepai TA-2020-A Mini Power Amps. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2072 of 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post

Make sure to keep those PCIe cards, you may still be needing them.
Idk about this latest Renesas firmware, but in the past that only provided a temporary fix for my board.
Hopefully this latest firmware fix will "stick", lol.

I don't know if BIOIS updates from Asus were over writing any updates using the Renesas utility. I didn't have the Renesas upgrade utility until just recently. It shows the installed firmware for both onboard controllers as well as the driver version. I had the latest BIOS from Asus installed on my M4E, and the firmware for the Renesas controller was at version 4, but not version 4.2.0.1-03 (reported as 4201 by Renesas). I also used the same utility to update the driver version to version 2.1.39.0. If you reflash your BIOS it may also change the firmware version for the USB controller back to the original 4.0.1.x version, which may be why any fix was only temporary. Since upgrading to this newer firmware, plus installing the newer driver, I have not had issues. Prior to this I had the problem with the USB controller stopping multiple times a day, requiring a reboot to fix every time. This happened often, just using the web browser, let alone playing games. Now, with Windows 7, I haven't had a problem since. Windows 10, no problems yet, however I just recently installed it, so too new to say for sure.
post #2073 of 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapesdhs View Post

Indeed, I read comments saying precisely that on forums discussing the USB issue a while ago, here and elsewhere.

The PCIe cards were pretty cheap (another reason why I'm not expecting much), but proper x4 cards were way too much for my budget. The only reason I can think of why Intel doesn't produce its own SATA3 card is because they reckon it could hurt sales of newer mbds (if older S775/S1366 boards could be fitted with a card that actually worked, ditto later
boards plagued with poor Marvell controllers, there'd be less incentive to upgrade, at least for some). Irony is, the rise of ever cheaper PCIe-based M.2 adapters and SSDs may provide this route anyway, but in a far more potent form; only thing holding this back is the higher per-GB cost of NVMe M.2. For the M4E, I've been wondering whether, for a 2-GPU setup, the following config would work (this is using the slot names from page 2-14 of the M4E owners manual):

PCIE_X16/8_1: M.2 adapter + SSD (boot)
PCIE_X16_2: GPU
PCIE_X16_4: GPU

I'm sure it would work ok with a single GPU (as then one can use PCIE_X8_3 for the GPU, which doesn't involve the NF200), but the dual-GPU config is the more interesting case. Who knows, maybe it would work for a SATA M.2 SSD, but not NVMe. Either way, I don't have the parts to test yet, but it's something I'm keeping an eye on, if I can pick up some used items with which to run tests in the future (or has anyone here already tried this?).

Oh, for anyone interested in potential upgrades, I have GTX 980 SLI results on my site and on 3DMark (need to write up pages for these), all done with a 5GHz 2700K.
Whoa, that's getting complicated, lol.
But the PCIe cards you are considering may work, idk about the sli configuration though.

I also feel that there is a lack of incentive for ASUS to "fix" this, why should they when they want to sell more new boards.
Trouble is, I've seen people posting USB 3 issues with some of the newer boards too.

I'm in the process of an upgrade to an EVGA Z97 board now, and it has an Intel based USB controller, only one Renesas which I will avoid using, so hopefully that will work as it should.

Nice 980Ti SLI setup.thumb.gif
I'm looking forward to playing with the ONE 980Ti I purchased for my upgrade, lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFM4E View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post

Make sure to keep those PCIe cards, you may still be needing them.
Idk about this latest Renesas firmware, but in the past that only provided a temporary fix for my board.
Hopefully this latest firmware fix will "stick", lol.

I don't know if BIOIS updates from Asus were over writing any updates using the Renesas utility. I didn't have the Renesas upgrade utility until just recently. It shows the installed firmware for both onboard controllers as well as the driver version. I had the latest BIOS from Asus installed on my M4E, and the firmware for the Renesas controller was at version 4, but not version 4.2.0.1-03 (reported as 4201 by Renesas). I also used the same utility to update the driver version to version 2.1.39.0. If you reflash your BIOS it may also change the firmware version for the USB controller back to the original 4.0.1.x version, which may be why any fix was only temporary. Since upgrading to this newer firmware, plus installing the newer driver, I have not had issues. Prior to this I had the problem with the USB controller stopping multiple times a day, requiring a reboot to fix every time. This happened often, just using the web browser, let alone playing games. Now, with Windows 7, I haven't had a problem since. Windows 10, no problems yet, however I just recently installed it, so too new to say for sure.
Very good points, certainly the bios upgrade may overwrite the Renesas update, who knows.
So many variables, hopefully you're good to go with the current controller now.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4790K EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA 1080Ti FE/Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240/360 Rads 14 x Nidec Servo D1225C  PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK TXP GPU Block EK Black GPU Backplate EK Supremacy EVO EK D5 Dual Serial Top 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK RES X3 150 2 x Laing D5 Vario W10 Pro 64  Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... Razer Deathadder Elite 
Mouse PadOtherOtherOther
OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 Aqua Computer Hubby7 
OtherOther
Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4790K EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA 1080Ti FE/Titan Xp GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  Mayhems Havoc 240/360 Rads 14 x Nidec Servo D1225C  PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK TXP GPU Block EK Black GPU Backplate EK Supremacy EVO EK D5 Dual Serial Top 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK RES X3 150 2 x Laing D5 Vario W10 Pro 64  Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky One TKL ISO/UK Version Cherry MX Blue/Blu... EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 Platinum CaseLabs Mercury S8 White with Pedestal and Ext... Razer Deathadder Elite 
Mouse PadOtherOtherOther
OCUK  Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT Aqua Computer Splitty9 Aqua Computer Hubby7 
OtherOther
Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Black PSU Cables Vortex Backlit PBT Doubleshot Keycaps  
  hide details  
Reply
post #2074 of 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post

I also feel that there is a lack of incentive for ASUS to "fix" this, why should they when they want to sell more new boards.
Trouble is, I've seen people posting USB 3 issues with some of the newer boards too.
Like me. mad.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k ASRock Z170M OC Formula Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL16 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (Booty) Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 1TB (Games) WD Black 1TB (Data) Noctua NH-D15S w/ A15 & F12 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit QNIX QX2710 LED Evo II Matte 27" 1440p Rosewill RK-9000V2 RE w/ Cherry Red's Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseOtherOther
Thermaltake Core X2 Logitech G403 Wired NB-eLoop's B14-PS (1200 RPM) (4x Intake, 1x Exh... NB-eLoop's B12-PS (1500 RPM) (2x Intake) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k ASRock Z170M OC Formula Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL16 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (Booty) Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 1TB (Games) WD Black 1TB (Data) Noctua NH-D15S w/ A15 & F12 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit QNIX QX2710 LED Evo II Matte 27" 1440p Rosewill RK-9000V2 RE w/ Cherry Red's Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseOtherOther
Thermaltake Core X2 Logitech G403 Wired NB-eLoop's B14-PS (1200 RPM) (4x Intake, 1x Exh... NB-eLoop's B12-PS (1500 RPM) (2x Intake) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2075 of 2083
Fellows,

Does anyone of you experienced system freezes randomly while in game (saving or quitting)?

I recently upgraded my rig with W10 and then started to have this issue.

Initialy the system hangs, the GPU fan runs at max speed and monitor shuts down (sleep mode).

I decided to set BIOS settings to default and everything remanis except the fan don´t run at max speed.

Does anyone have a tip to solve this crap.

One thing i´m sure, this is my last ASUS board. It was my expensive MoBo, and it looks like the buggiest. How can it be possible this board don´t be ready for W10, as ASUS tells http://www.asus.com/microsite/mb/Windows_10/ , not to mention ASUS support most looks like "19 century" and worst, "old" parts are forgotten.

Time to look forward!mad.gif and try new brands.

here´s my rig:

Board: Guess what!!!!
GPU: EVGA GTX780
Memory: 8Gb G-skill F3-12800CL7-4GBXH
Sound: SB X-Fi fatality pro
PSU: Corsair TX850

One last thing: My temps are fine, as i confirmed with realtemp.

Hope any help friends.

Thanks in advance.
post #2076 of 2083
CPFM4E writes:
> I don't know if BIOIS updates from Asus were over writing any updates using the Renesas utility. ...

I guess all one can do is just put on the latest main BIOS and then use the Renesas upgrade, leave the main BIOS
alone unless there's some pressing need.


DerComissarb writes:
> Whoa, that's getting complicated, lol.

Well, not really, it's just a PCIe card with an SSD stuck on it. Key thing is whether the mbd will allow the device to be bootable, even if in theory it's supposed to be.


> But the PCIe cards you are considering may work, ...

They definitely would in terms of just a device for general data, but bootable is the big question. Something I'll look into over the summer; can't afford to buy the bits atm.


> ... idk about the sli configuration though.

Yeah, total unknown atm, whether the NF200 will allow 2-way SLI only via the NF200, while the primary slot is used for a boot drive device.


> I also feel that there is a lack of incentive for ASUS to "fix" this, why should they when they want to sell more new boards.

Hmm, true. They've certainly been that way in the past with other board issues, eg. the lack of Ph2 support on the M2N32 WS Pro.


> Trouble is, I've seen people posting USB 3 issues with some of the newer boards too.

?! Well that sucks. Not seen it though with any of the X79 ASUS boards I've been using, mostly the P9X79 WS.


> Nice 980Ti SLI setup.thumb.gif

Heh, just 980s, and only for initial benchmarking (I tested single, 2-way and 3-way with various CPUs/mbds, which included bagging a bunch of 3DMark records for the P55 platform). My main gaming PC only has one 980 atm, the 2nd is in the other system (to drive a 48" TV, currently not setup), the 3rd for continued benchmarking.

Been pondering a 980 Ti upgrade though, if I switch to a 1440p or 4K monitor.

Hmm, I suppose what I could try first is whether the M4E will allow one to boot from a PCIe SAS card connected SAS drive (already have all that stuff). If that works, then I can see whether it'll allow 2-way SLI to function using just the NF200 slots. If this combo works, then really the equivalent M.2 setup ought to work.

Ian.
Edited by mapesdhs - 3/30/16 at 12:11pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5GHz i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme (P67) EVGA GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 16GB (2 x 8) GSkill TridentX DDR3/2400 running ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB OCZ Vertex4 256GB Samsung Spintpoint F3 1TB LG 22X DVDRW (Model GH22NP20) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H80 CPU Watercooler with two Nanoxia De... Nanoxia Deep Silence 140mm PWM 2x Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Arctic F8 2x Evercool 40x40x10mm chipset fans Windows 7 Professional 64bit + Autopatcher HP LP2475W HIPS 1920x1200 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cyborg V7 USB Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Modular Antec 300 A4Tech Laser Mouse USB 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
SGI Onboard. Thrustmaster T-16000M Joystick CH Pro Throttle 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech G13 Gamepad Corsair H2100 Gaming Headset and Mic 2x Lepai TA-2020-A Mini Power Amps. 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5GHz i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme (P67) EVGA GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 16GB (2 x 8) GSkill TridentX DDR3/2400 running ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB OCZ Vertex4 256GB Samsung Spintpoint F3 1TB LG 22X DVDRW (Model GH22NP20) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H80 CPU Watercooler with two Nanoxia De... Nanoxia Deep Silence 140mm PWM 2x Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Arctic F8 2x Evercool 40x40x10mm chipset fans Windows 7 Professional 64bit + Autopatcher HP LP2475W HIPS 1920x1200 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cyborg V7 USB Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Modular Antec 300 A4Tech Laser Mouse USB 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
SGI Onboard. Thrustmaster T-16000M Joystick CH Pro Throttle 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech G13 Gamepad Corsair H2100 Gaming Headset and Mic 2x Lepai TA-2020-A Mini Power Amps. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2077 of 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno MG View Post

Fellows,

Does anyone of you experienced system freezes randomly while in game (saving or quitting)?

I recently upgraded my rig with W10 and then started to have this issue.

Initialy the system hangs, the GPU fan runs at max speed and monitor shuts down (sleep mode).

I decided to set BIOS settings to default and everything remanis except the fan don´t run at max speed.

Does anyone have a tip to solve this crap.

One thing i´m sure, this is my last ASUS board. It was my expensive MoBo, and it looks like the buggiest. How can it be possible this board don´t be ready for W10, as ASUS tells http://www.asus.com/microsite/mb/Windows_10/ , not to mention ASUS support most looks like "19 century" and worst, "old" parts are forgotten.

Time to look forward!mad.gif and try new brands.

here´s my rig:

Board: Guess what!!!!
GPU: EVGA GTX780
Memory: 8Gb G-skill F3-12800CL7-4GBXH
Sound: SB X-Fi fatality pro
PSU: Corsair TX850

One last thing: My temps are fine, as i confirmed with realtemp.

Hope any help friends.

Thanks in advance.

I am running Windows 10 on an M4E without issues so far, except originally for the USB 3.0 ports. From what I have seen online, the USB issue is not just with ASUS, but more specifically with any MB using the Renesas USB 3.0 controllers. Most people are getting the USB 3.0 software drivers from the Intel site, since they also use the same controllers in some of their MBs. Renesas doesn't seem to deal with end users, as they don't allow users to download any drivers or software. They deal only with partners like Intel, Asus, etc.

The M4E is not listed by Asus as officially supporting Windows 10, but the drivers they did update for Window 8.0/8.1 work fine in 10 as well. I did a clean install of Win 8.0 before upgrading to the free Windows 10. Many other users with a M4E are reporting Windows 10 working fine. Make sure all the latest updates are done to Windows 10 before any serious testing. You don't mention if you are using a wireless keyboard/mouse, or what you did for upgrading your GPU drivers. The M4E was produced before windows 8/10 were released. I don't imagine Asus will be in any hurry to certify the M4E for Windows 10 considering the dates of their last drivers or BIOS updates for this MB.
post #2078 of 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFM4E View Post

I am running Windows 10 on an M4E without issues so far, except originally for the USB 3.0 ports. From what I have seen online, the USB issue is not just with ASUS, but more specifically with any MB using the Renesas USB 3.0 controllers. Most people are getting the USB 3.0 software drivers from the Intel site, since they also use the same controllers in some of their MBs. Renesas doesn't seem to deal with end users, as they don't allow users to download any drivers or software. They deal only with partners like Intel, Asus, etc.

The M4E is not listed by Asus as officially supporting Windows 10, but the drivers they did update for Window 8.0/8.1 work fine in 10 as well. I did a clean install of Win 8.0 before upgrading to the free Windows 10. Many other users with a M4E are reporting Windows 10 working fine. Make sure all the latest updates are done to Windows 10 before any serious testing. You don't mention if you are using a wireless keyboard/mouse, or what you did for upgrading your GPU drivers. The M4E was produced before windows 8/10 were released. I don't imagine Asus will be in any hurry to certify the M4E for Windows 10 considering the dates of their last drivers or BIOS updates for this MB.

Thanks m8 for your replying,

I made a clean install and no, I don´t use any wireless devices. I also didn´t install any asus drivers, even W8 drivers, prefering windows installation to use devices. Concerning to GPU, I have the latest nvidia drivers. Next step is to use evga drivers, maybe the problem resides in that fact.

No matter how I configure the BIOS the freezes are present, not constantly but it happens.

Thanks for your help. thumb.gif
post #2079 of 2083
Greetings all. Been a long time since I have posted here. I recently did some small upgrades to my rig and all seemed to be going fine until I tried to load one of my OC profiles. Not when I boot up it seems like the system does not see my SSD's and all I get is a message stating that the OS is missing. I have tried switching to my secondary configuration with the BIOS switch but this only results in "Updating IROG" do not power off or reboot and it just sits there.

Any thoughts?
Obsidian Maximus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 8GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 27in Widescreen Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX750 Corsair 650D Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
Obsidian Maximus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 8GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 27in Widescreen Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX750 Corsair 650D Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2080 of 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno MG View Post

Fellows,

Does anyone of you experienced system freezes randomly while in game (saving or quitting)?

I recently upgraded my rig with W10 and then started to have this issue.

Initialy the system hangs, the GPU fan runs at max speed and monitor shuts down (sleep mode).

I decided to set BIOS settings to default and everything remanis except the fan don´t run at max speed.

Does anyone have a tip to solve this crap.

One thing i´m sure, this is my last ASUS board. It was my expensive MoBo, and it looks like the buggiest. How can it be possible this board don´t be ready for W10, as ASUS tells http://www.asus.com/microsite/mb/Windows_10/ , not to mention ASUS support most looks like "19 century" and worst, "old" parts are forgotten.

Time to look forward!mad.gif and try new brands.

here´s my rig:

Board: Guess what!!!!
GPU: EVGA GTX780
Memory: 8Gb G-skill F3-12800CL7-4GBXH
Sound: SB X-Fi fatality pro
PSU: Corsair TX850

One last thing: My temps are fine, as i confirmed with realtemp.

Hope any help friends.

Thanks in advance.

Hello guys,

I have exactly the same problem as Nuno MG. During gaming usually freezes so bad that even after reboot it cannot load the BIOS and I have to drain the power manually.
Got the mobo from a friend having this issue.
Tried with new RAM, new HDD, no help.
Yesterday I changed the VGA - GTX 590 with one 560Ti and after an hour of test seems to run without freezing but I got some lag issues.
BF4 is lagging from time to time for around 1 -2 seconds.
I'm gonna try it with a different VGAs, to see if there is something wrong with the VGA support.
Have one HD5850 and two 560Ti laying around.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Maximus IV Extreme Owners Club