Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Maximus IV Extreme Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Asus Maximus IV Extreme Owners Club - Page 99

post #981 of 2086
I've noticed something kinda strange.

I have two 1.5tb drives (WD) and used them in a Rampage formula III board.

In that system, The drives were dead silent.

But then I got a MIVE (Not the Z) and noticed that the very same drives installed internally began to make a clicking sound. So I put them into an external enclosures and no clicking at all.

Then I got the MIVE-Z board and noticed the very same clicking noise when installed internally, But NOT externally.

So I got two brand new 2tb WD drives, Hoping the clicking sound would go away. Nope
They do the exact same thing. I doubt seriously that 4 drives would all be bad all at once.

Internally, They all click
Externally, They are quiet, no clicking.
Fants Sys
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-4790K @ 4.6GHZ ASUS Maximus VII Formula EVGA GTX980TI Classified Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Seagate 6TB Int Seagate 4 TB Ext Seagate 1.5TB Ext 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro PCIe Asus External BlueRay Burner Corsair H115i Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX850 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Fants Sys
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-4790K @ 4.6GHZ ASUS Maximus VII Formula EVGA GTX980TI Classified Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Seagate 6TB Int Seagate 4 TB Ext Seagate 1.5TB Ext 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro PCIe Asus External BlueRay Burner Corsair H115i Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX850 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #982 of 2086
Does anyone here know if when running ram at 1866mhz that you need to give your CPU more voltage in order for it to be stable. I was having a problem with my motherboard when I set Auto LLC to 0%.

After a few days I would lose USB ports and have to do a cmos reset.

Anyway if I run at stock 1.240V I get this problem with LLC on auto as soon as you either put the ram in XMP or set the AI overclocker to manual it sets LLC to 74% by default so now my machine runs at 1.256v and I don't have this problem.

Is this due to the memory needing more juice?
post #983 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlake View Post
I use both of the EZ plug, my PSU is Corsair AX 1200W. It make my Asus GTX 580 DCU II SLI more stable on 900/2200 @1,125V.

If u re using one GPU, there is no need to plug the EZ plug. It only recommended if your GPU is unstable. (ex. when OC even it is mild or "most other ppl can setting", still "driver fail")
thanks

mines are stable 900/2200 on 1,075 SLI without EZ plugs...i meant on 980/4400 needs more than on NF200 but its cool either way just for bench

cheers !
Sergio
I5960X
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5960X@ 4600HT 1.335 ASUS Rampage V Extreme GALAX GTX 980TI HOF SLI 8x4GB G.SKILL DDR4 3200C16@ 3200C15 1T 1.375V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 256GB SM951 4x 1TB SSD Custom WaterCooling W10x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 30X Black Tune IPS CM TRIGGER Z Silverstone Strider 1500W  Dimastech Hard Test Bench 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAVOC GALAX  ASUS Supreme FX 
  hide details  
Reply
I5960X
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5960X@ 4600HT 1.335 ASUS Rampage V Extreme GALAX GTX 980TI HOF SLI 8x4GB G.SKILL DDR4 3200C16@ 3200C15 1T 1.375V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 256GB SM951 4x 1TB SSD Custom WaterCooling W10x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 30X Black Tune IPS CM TRIGGER Z Silverstone Strider 1500W  Dimastech Hard Test Bench 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAVOC GALAX  ASUS Supreme FX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #984 of 2086
I run my cpu at 1.06v on manual but when I try to enable offset so that the cpu will run at less volts when idle I cannot adjust the volts as they reset at 1,2v.
Is there anyway to run manual at 1.06v and also enable the cpu to idle at .08 ?
Thanks.
post #985 of 2086
Thread Starter 
been away for awhile, real life does that.

i will try and get some time to revamp the original post with new bios and other information.
post #986 of 2086
Posting this here makes much more sense.

I feel I'm doing somthing wrong with my OC settings on my Extreme-Z. At 1.45V 4.8ghz is barley stable during IBT.

Are there other setting that need to be changed other than vcore and multiplyer or is my CPU just very power hungry?
post #987 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnaged View Post
Does anyone here know if when running ram at 1866mhz that you need to give your CPU more voltage in order for it to be stable. I was having a problem with my motherboard when I set Auto LLC to 0%.

After a few days I would lose USB ports and have to do a cmos reset.

Anyway if I run at stock 1.240V I get this problem with LLC on auto as soon as you either put the ram in XMP or set the AI overclocker to manual it sets LLC to 74% by default so now my machine runs at 1.256v and I don't have this problem.

Is this due to the memory needing more juice?
depends on the memory mate but generally yes, the more ram and tighter timmings...u will need some notches of vcore

cheers !
Sergio
I5960X
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5960X@ 4600HT 1.335 ASUS Rampage V Extreme GALAX GTX 980TI HOF SLI 8x4GB G.SKILL DDR4 3200C16@ 3200C15 1T 1.375V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 256GB SM951 4x 1TB SSD Custom WaterCooling W10x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 30X Black Tune IPS CM TRIGGER Z Silverstone Strider 1500W  Dimastech Hard Test Bench 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAVOC GALAX  ASUS Supreme FX 
  hide details  
Reply
I5960X
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5960X@ 4600HT 1.335 ASUS Rampage V Extreme GALAX GTX 980TI HOF SLI 8x4GB G.SKILL DDR4 3200C16@ 3200C15 1T 1.375V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 256GB SM951 4x 1TB SSD Custom WaterCooling W10x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 30X Black Tune IPS CM TRIGGER Z Silverstone Strider 1500W  Dimastech Hard Test Bench 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAVOC GALAX  ASUS Supreme FX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #988 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomau View Post
I've noticed something kinda strange.

I have two 1.5tb drives (WD) and used them in a Rampage formula III board.

In that system, The drives were dead silent.

But then I got a MIVE (Not the Z) and noticed that the very same drives installed internally began to make a clicking sound. So I put them into an external enclosures and no clicking at all.

Then I got the MIVE-Z board and noticed the very same clicking noise when installed internally, But NOT externally.

So I got two brand new 2tb WD drives, Hoping the clicking sound would go away. Nope
They do the exact same thing. I doubt seriously that 4 drives would all be bad all at once.

Internally, They all click
Externally, They are quiet, no clicking.
all my hdd clicks at first start on every mobo i had...
I5960X
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5960X@ 4600HT 1.335 ASUS Rampage V Extreme GALAX GTX 980TI HOF SLI 8x4GB G.SKILL DDR4 3200C16@ 3200C15 1T 1.375V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 256GB SM951 4x 1TB SSD Custom WaterCooling W10x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 30X Black Tune IPS CM TRIGGER Z Silverstone Strider 1500W  Dimastech Hard Test Bench 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAVOC GALAX  ASUS Supreme FX 
  hide details  
Reply
I5960X
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5960X@ 4600HT 1.335 ASUS Rampage V Extreme GALAX GTX 980TI HOF SLI 8x4GB G.SKILL DDR4 3200C16@ 3200C15 1T 1.375V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 256GB SM951 4x 1TB SSD Custom WaterCooling W10x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 30X Black Tune IPS CM TRIGGER Z Silverstone Strider 1500W  Dimastech Hard Test Bench 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAVOC GALAX  ASUS Supreme FX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #989 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashnBrn View Post
Posting this here makes much more sense.

I feel I'm doing somthing wrong with my OC settings on my Extreme-Z. At 1.45V 4.8ghz is barley stable during IBT.

Are there other setting that need to be changed other than vcore and multiplyer or is my CPU just very power hungry?
Same problem here, we either got a lemon cpu-s or corrupted BIOS, cant wait Asus to release new BIOS im using 1850 atm.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.7ghz(1.39v) 24/7 +D14 Asus P8Z77-V Sapphire R9 290 Tri X @1160/1600 8GB HyperX @2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue EZEX 1TB & Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Asus Nocuta NH D14 WIN 7 64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 2490wuxi (rev 1) Logitech Wave Cooler Master Vanguard 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Cooler Master Xonar STX+ HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.7ghz(1.39v) 24/7 +D14 Asus P8Z77-V Sapphire R9 290 Tri X @1160/1600 8GB HyperX @2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue EZEX 1TB & Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Asus Nocuta NH D14 WIN 7 64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 2490wuxi (rev 1) Logitech Wave Cooler Master Vanguard 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Cooler Master Xonar STX+ HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
post #990 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashnBrn View Post
Posting this here makes much more sense.

I feel I'm doing somthing wrong with my OC settings on my Extreme-Z. At 1.45V 4.8ghz is barley stable during IBT.

Are there other setting that need to be changed other than vcore and multiplyer or is my CPU just very power hungry?
Well I am using the auto tunning and my CPU is running at 4.6 Stable 24/7.

Just go into the bios, and select where it say Level Up and then 4.6. Enjoy
iMac 2012 27"
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Ivy Bridge Not Idea :p Nvidia GT680MX 2GB 32GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Flash Flash None Mac OS and Windows 7 27" 
  hide details  
Reply
iMac 2012 27"
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Ivy Bridge Not Idea :p Nvidia GT680MX 2GB 32GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Flash Flash None Mac OS and Windows 7 27" 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Maximus IV Extreme Owners Club