Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Playstation › Killzone 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Killzone 3 - Page 3

post #21 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralexh11 View Post


the guy in the middle. definitely hitler.
And the right one looks vaguely similar to Stalin
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin Edition Samsung "Wonder Ram" 30nm DDR3 4x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 256GB Hitachi Ultrastar 2x 2TB Thermalright Macho Rev.A 3x Delta AFB1212SH 120x25 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Delta AFC1512DG 150x50 Windows 10 Education Samsung S27A850D Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Dell H1000E-00 1000W + Seasonic SS-350ES Fractal Design Arc Midi R1 Mionix Naos QG Mionix Alioth XL 
AudioAudio
Pioneer VSX-420 + Onkyo HTP-501 Shure SE215 
CPUMotherboardRAMCooling
Intel Pentium G630 Supermicro X9SCM-F Samsung DDR3 8GB ECC Thermalright AXP200 Muscle + Delta AFB1212SH 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Delta AFB1212SH Pfsense Seasonic SS-400ES Grandma's Wood Furniture 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin Edition Samsung "Wonder Ram" 30nm DDR3 4x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 256GB Hitachi Ultrastar 2x 2TB Thermalright Macho Rev.A 3x Delta AFB1212SH 120x25 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Delta AFC1512DG 150x50 Windows 10 Education Samsung S27A850D Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Dell H1000E-00 1000W + Seasonic SS-350ES Fractal Design Arc Midi R1 Mionix Naos QG Mionix Alioth XL 
AudioAudio
Pioneer VSX-420 + Onkyo HTP-501 Shure SE215 
CPUMotherboardRAMCooling
Intel Pentium G630 Supermicro X9SCM-F Samsung DDR3 8GB ECC Thermalright AXP200 Muscle + Delta AFB1212SH 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Delta AFB1212SH Pfsense Seasonic SS-400ES Grandma's Wood Furniture 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHNS0 View Post
And the right one looks vaguely similar to Stalin
yeah kinda except his head is shaved.
The Red Scare
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Asus GTX 770 2gb 16GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 640GB Blue WD 1TB Blue Crucial M4 128GB SSD Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ViewSonic 1920x1080 24" Acer 1600x900 20" Das Keyboard Model S(Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Cougar CMX 700W Lancool PC-K62R1 Logitech G700 Steelseries Siberia V2 Red 
  hide details  
Reply
The Red Scare
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Asus GTX 770 2gb 16GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 640GB Blue WD 1TB Blue Crucial M4 128GB SSD Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ViewSonic 1920x1080 24" Acer 1600x900 20" Das Keyboard Model S(Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Cougar CMX 700W Lancool PC-K62R1 Logitech G700 Steelseries Siberia V2 Red 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralexh11 View Post
yeah kinda except his head is shaved.
That's why I added the vaguely
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin Edition Samsung "Wonder Ram" 30nm DDR3 4x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 256GB Hitachi Ultrastar 2x 2TB Thermalright Macho Rev.A 3x Delta AFB1212SH 120x25 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Delta AFC1512DG 150x50 Windows 10 Education Samsung S27A850D Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Dell H1000E-00 1000W + Seasonic SS-350ES Fractal Design Arc Midi R1 Mionix Naos QG Mionix Alioth XL 
AudioAudio
Pioneer VSX-420 + Onkyo HTP-501 Shure SE215 
CPUMotherboardRAMCooling
Intel Pentium G630 Supermicro X9SCM-F Samsung DDR3 8GB ECC Thermalright AXP200 Muscle + Delta AFB1212SH 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Delta AFB1212SH Pfsense Seasonic SS-400ES Grandma's Wood Furniture 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin Edition Samsung "Wonder Ram" 30nm DDR3 4x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 256GB Hitachi Ultrastar 2x 2TB Thermalright Macho Rev.A 3x Delta AFB1212SH 120x25 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Delta AFC1512DG 150x50 Windows 10 Education Samsung S27A850D Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Dell H1000E-00 1000W + Seasonic SS-350ES Fractal Design Arc Midi R1 Mionix Naos QG Mionix Alioth XL 
AudioAudio
Pioneer VSX-420 + Onkyo HTP-501 Shure SE215 
CPUMotherboardRAMCooling
Intel Pentium G630 Supermicro X9SCM-F Samsung DDR3 8GB ECC Thermalright AXP200 Muscle + Delta AFB1212SH 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Delta AFB1212SH Pfsense Seasonic SS-400ES Grandma's Wood Furniture 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 63
Dude in the back has an inkling of karl marx to him.
post #25 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
False - it's not really or truly difficult for PC gamers to get used to console controllers. Just because you and few others might doesn't meant that EVERY PC gamer does. That's so flawed it isn't even funny.

I can't even begin to understand how some of you have difficulty with the controllers also. Precision is just fine and turning is just fine. You can increase or decrease sensitivity and sometimes even turning speeds in games (Killzone 3 is one of them). If people can beat you down and all over the place, then clearly it isn't a hard thing to grasp and you just have a problem with it.
How is my argument any more flawed than your own? You've got nothing to back up what you are saying, except the fact that you said it. I've got experience, being a "PC gamer" right from the start, and I'm saying it's dang hard to play with a console controller. I'd say my "flawed" argument, coming from a person with actual experience, is a lot more valid than your own. If mine is so flawed it isn't even funny, yours is bringing me to tears with unfunniness.

The controller vs keyboard argument has been done to death many times before, and keyboard/mouse always comes out ahead in FPS games. Sorry, that's just the way it is. You can claim precision with a controller all you want, but keyboard/mouse is still the more accurate, more responsive method to use.

People can beat me down because I've been playing for a couple of months with a controller, and they've been playing for years. I'd bet many people who have rarely or never played on a console would have the same difficulty grasping it. Just because you say it is not difficult to grasp doesn't make it true. Go give your controller to your mother and see how easy it is for her to grasp.

Oh, and get over yourself. Seriously. You need to step down your ego a few notches.
post #26 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid View Post
Dude in the back has an inkling of karl marx to him.
That means:
FIND THE INTRUDER!
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin Edition Samsung "Wonder Ram" 30nm DDR3 4x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 256GB Hitachi Ultrastar 2x 2TB Thermalright Macho Rev.A 3x Delta AFB1212SH 120x25 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Delta AFC1512DG 150x50 Windows 10 Education Samsung S27A850D Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Dell H1000E-00 1000W + Seasonic SS-350ES Fractal Design Arc Midi R1 Mionix Naos QG Mionix Alioth XL 
AudioAudio
Pioneer VSX-420 + Onkyo HTP-501 Shure SE215 
CPUMotherboardRAMCooling
Intel Pentium G630 Supermicro X9SCM-F Samsung DDR3 8GB ECC Thermalright AXP200 Muscle + Delta AFB1212SH 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Delta AFB1212SH Pfsense Seasonic SS-400ES Grandma's Wood Furniture 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin Edition Samsung "Wonder Ram" 30nm DDR3 4x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 256GB Hitachi Ultrastar 2x 2TB Thermalright Macho Rev.A 3x Delta AFB1212SH 120x25 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x Delta AFC1512DG 150x50 Windows 10 Education Samsung S27A850D Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Dell H1000E-00 1000W + Seasonic SS-350ES Fractal Design Arc Midi R1 Mionix Naos QG Mionix Alioth XL 
AudioAudio
Pioneer VSX-420 + Onkyo HTP-501 Shure SE215 
CPUMotherboardRAMCooling
Intel Pentium G630 Supermicro X9SCM-F Samsung DDR3 8GB ECC Thermalright AXP200 Muscle + Delta AFB1212SH 
CoolingOSPowerCase
2x Delta AFB1212SH Pfsense Seasonic SS-400ES Grandma's Wood Furniture 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 63
I just got past the MAWLR (that extremely huge crab looking robot on 4 legs), and i have to say this game is MEH.

The MAWLR part was probably the most exciting part so far of the game, otherwise this game is not really anything special. The story telling and the way the cut and paste the cutscenes, it doesnt seem very planned d out. More like a tacked on story. The cutscenes seem very corny and cheezy to me. KZ2 didn't have so much cheese.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 GTX970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm/ Mushkin 60GB SSD LG Blu-Ray Combo SATA Windows 7 
MonitorPowerCase
55" Samsung 1080p LCD Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W 80 Plus BRONZE Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 GTX970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm/ Mushkin 60GB SSD LG Blu-Ray Combo SATA Windows 7 
MonitorPowerCase
55" Samsung 1080p LCD Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W 80 Plus BRONZE Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
How is my argument any more flawed than your own? You've got nothing to back up what you are saying, except the fact that you said it. I've got experience, being a "PC gamer" right from the start, and I'm saying it's dang hard to play with a console controller. I'd say my "flawed" argument, coming from a person with actual experience, is a lot more valid than your own. If mine is so flawed it isn't even funny, yours is bringing me to tears with unfunniness. --------------------------.
I got to agree with you on this argument. I don't play an FPS game that requires that much precision or accuracy (TF2) on the PC but it certainly is difficult to play FPS on a console (360 included). The controller is so limited compared to the mouse & keyboard no matter what sensitivity you adjust to on the console.

In the end it all comes down to each individual being comfortable with either the controller or the m/k. I'm sure there are great FPS players on the console that could go on par with m/k player but I don't have any data to back that up so we'll leave that up for discussion.

By the way..Killzone 3 is a great game. Time to go pick up Killzone 2...
post #29 of 63
I've only been playing the online and it's very unfortunate to see that this is just a re-skinned Call of Duty game. The one hit kill melees, ridiculously short life, pray & spray guns, removed "weight", terrible balancing issues (Salamun Market and its stupid exo suits), terrible unlock system, etc.

This game sucks compared to Killzone 2.
Derp Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1800X AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 16GB Dark Pro 3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + 2TB Firecuda NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro Predator XB271 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 5 (MX Red) EVGA 850 P2 NZXT S340 Elite Razer DeathAdder Elite 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Manticor Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Derp Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1800X AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 16GB Dark Pro 3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + 2TB Firecuda NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro Predator XB271 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 5 (MX Red) EVGA 850 P2 NZXT S340 Elite Razer DeathAdder Elite 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Manticor Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 63
Dude... I hope you are playing multiplayer. I played the Beta and it sold itself just for the online mode. You should add me on PSN if you want to play some time

PSN: Bakgat44
Server
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI ATI 4870 12GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 120GB SDD, 4TB Seagates DVD-RW XSPC 360 Radiator Swiftech MCP355 w Petra block 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Heatkiller Rev. 3 liquid cooling block Windows 7 X64 23" LG Flatron + 22" Acer OCZ GameXstreme 700watt 
Case
Corsair 700D 
  hide details  
Reply
Server
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI ATI 4870 12GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 120GB SDD, 4TB Seagates DVD-RW XSPC 360 Radiator Swiftech MCP355 w Petra block 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Heatkiller Rev. 3 liquid cooling block Windows 7 X64 23" LG Flatron + 22" Acer OCZ GameXstreme 700watt 
Case
Corsair 700D 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Playstation
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Playstation › Killzone 3