Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Mice for newbie?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mice for newbie? - Page 3

post #21 of 47
EDIT: wow I'm a moron
Edited by cuad - 5/1/11 at 10:50pm
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuad View Post
>user name
>Windows Mouse Optical 1.1
>stop reading

Best Crysis Wars player in the world uses the MX518.

>continue reading
>recommends mouse with real acceleration issues

lol
Being the best Crysis Wars player doesn't mean anything as it's never played competitively. If you want to play the Pro card lets take a look at the top 20 players of a real game; Quake Live.

ZeRo4 - wmo
fox - wmo
jibo - wmo
rapha - wmo
madix - ie 1.1ss
zsx - ie 1.1ss
stermy - ie 3.0
griffin - ie 3.0
v00 - ie 1.1ss
madix - ie 1.1ss
k1llsen - g9
av3k - salmosa
noctis - salmosa
cypher - abyssus
cooller - abyssus
spart1e - xai [450 cpi]
linkje - kinzu [800 cpi]
strenx - kinzu [800 cpi]
dahang - kinzu [800 cpi]
DKT - kinzu [800 cpi]

Not a single one uses MX518 and for good reasons. Mouse prediction will always keep a player from reaching their true potential.
post #23 of 47
If you want to play the pro cards, I'll play the logic card. A mouse is a mouse when it comes down to it, I know people with the basic logitech mouse and slaughter with it. A mouse doesn't inherently make you better, It allows for you to make adjustments to the cursor to one's liking. I rate comfort as the number one biggest factor into comfort. If the mouse isn't going to be comfortable for you, you won't find it fun or good to use.
my friend has a cheap 7$ gigabyte "gaming" mouse sensor quality wise it's horrible, but he kills me and my deathadder 98% of the time in a fair fight.
post #24 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike6792 View Post
Buy a razer mouse, there the best IMO.
>There the best IMO
>There the best
>There the
>There


Wat


OP the Razer Deathadder, MX518, G9x, all great. Can't go wrong.
post #25 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_free View Post

OP the Razer Deathadder, MX518, G9x, all great. Can't go wrong.
Mionix noas 5000, Steelseries XAI.
post #26 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337 View Post
If you want to play the pro cards, I'll play the logic card. A mouse is a mouse when it comes down to it, I know people with the basic logitech mouse and slaughter with it. A mouse doesn't inherently make you better, It allows for you to make adjustments to the cursor to one's liking. I rate comfort as the number one biggest factor into comfort. If the mouse isn't going to be comfortable for you, you won't find it fun or good to use.
my friend has a cheap 7$ gigabyte "gaming" mouse sensor quality wise it's horrible, but he kills me and my deathadder 98% of the time in a fair fight.
If you have that kind of mindset why are you even on these forums? The point we're trying to make is that not all sensors are created equal. If you want to improve your game you're not going to want an inferior sensor with mouse prediction such as the one in the MX518.
post #27 of 47
I put my vote towards Steelseries Xai or G9x if your a claw grip. Personally I suggest you go to your local computer store and put your hand around a few mice to see which fit your grip style, I started off with some cheap compaq mouse and moved from there, theres a huge difference now but when you are first starting it really doesn't matter.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WMO1.1a View Post
If you have that kind of mindset why are you even on these forums? The point we're trying to make is that not all sensors are created equal. If you want to improve your game you're not going to want an inferior sensor with mouse prediction such as the one in the MX518.
For someone who is starting PC gaming, I doubt he will notice or really care when it actually comes to using it. True this is a forum for enthusiasts, but most of us have been using different mice for a while and can see the difference between censors, if your coming from a console background, get a mouse that fits your hand, feels good to you and work from there.
Edited by Limes - 2/22/11 at 11:24pm
Big Daddy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4970k ASUS Z97-A 2 x EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 32GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Samsung 1TB EVO SSD Corsair H80i Windows 10 x64 ASUS ROG Swift M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Vortex Pok3r Corsair 1200W Jonsbo UMX3 Mionix 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Daddy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4970k ASUS Z97-A 2 x EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 32GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Samsung 1TB EVO SSD Corsair H80i Windows 10 x64 ASUS ROG Swift M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Vortex Pok3r Corsair 1200W Jonsbo UMX3 Mionix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMO1.1a View Post
If you have that kind of mindset why are you even on these forums? The point we're trying to make is that not all sensors are created equal. If you want to improve your game you're not going to want an inferior sensor with mouse prediction such as the one in the MX518.
I've been around a lot longer then you, just sayin'. I also try to help and I do put my OPINIONS and Experiences in as well.
Prediction may suck but it's not the end all.

EDIT: Some Pros use the steelseries kinzu too.. Kinzu also has mouse prediction.
Edited by Eagle1337 - 2/22/11 at 11:32pm
post #29 of 47
LEGA
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 945 ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire 5850 4 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung spinpoint F1 1000GB  Samsung spinpoint F3 1000GB  Zalman CNPS10X Performa win7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VG2427wm 24'' Genius KB-G255 520W seasonic Chieftec Dragon 
MouseMouse Pad
Gigabyte m8000x Wooden table with smooth finish 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGA
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 945 ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire 5850 4 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung spinpoint F1 1000GB  Samsung spinpoint F3 1000GB  Zalman CNPS10X Performa win7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VG2427wm 24'' Genius KB-G255 520W seasonic Chieftec Dragon 
MouseMouse Pad
Gigabyte m8000x Wooden table with smooth finish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMO1.1a View Post
Being the best Crysis Wars player doesn't mean anything as it's never played competitively. If you want to play the Pro card lets take a look at the top 20 players of a real game; Quake Live.

ZeRo4 - wmo
fox - wmo
jibo - wmo
rapha - wmo
madix - ie 1.1ss
zsx - ie 1.1ss
stermy - ie 3.0
griffin - ie 3.0
v00 - ie 1.1ss
madix - ie 1.1ss
k1llsen - g9
av3k - salmosa
noctis - salmosa
cypher - abyssus
cooller - abyssus
spart1e - xai [450 cpi]
linkje - kinzu [800 cpi]
strenx - kinzu [800 cpi]
dahang - kinzu [800 cpi]
DKT - kinzu [800 cpi]

Not a single one uses MX518 and for good reasons. Mouse prediction will always keep a player from reaching their true potential.
crap... now I have to rethink my upcoming purchases.

so who is this k1llsen guy and how the hell is he so good with a g9?
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Mice for newbie?