Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Youtube] Battlefield 3 Premiere Gameplay Trailer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Youtube] Battlefield 3 Premiere Gameplay Trailer - Page 23

post #221 of 325
dx10/11 only.64bit os recommended.ea sports animation.the best game out for pc since core architecture and xbox 360.what pc gamer wouldnt want to buy it?
post #222 of 325
i dont care about the trailer!

post #223 of 325
I mean besides the fact that its battlefied 3.
post #224 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengs View Post
Physics would be infinitely difficult to sync and would require tons of bandwidth. BC2 either gives the ragdoll a start and end position and allows the cpu to process the middle movement or does not have any bearing upon the ragdolls at all. The reason I say this is because the ragdolls lag a bit before they move in a populated server and actually will jock into a position. If you play a game which syncs the ragdoll it's like watching a 1080p youtube video on a P3 1GHz, in a movement sense.
ragdolls are a special case in some games.
CS:S is an example of how ragdolls are not server related. You can shoot someone and they could end up on the other side of the map because you modded your game. On someone else's computer, they're right where they got shot. That's because you dont do anything with the ragdoll. You cant revive him or her.

BF2 or BC2 you can revive them. The ragdoll is simply an animation, but its position has to be tracked by the server. The animation isn't done by the server though, it simply reports to all the players the position of said animation. (I think you said that with the start/end thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
Either you're a troll or thick.
A troll and/or thick? Well am I the one saying that physics are not graphics just because my CPU calculates it? If I shoot water and it reacts realistically - those arent graphics because my GPU isn't the one handling that data?
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #225 of 325
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldari
I'm no expert, but I highly doubt the location of stuff like individual pieces of rubble is synced between clients. This would be a ridiculous waste of bandwidth and resources.

The only thing I see being communicated is munition being used and the placement of the shot (or maybe the size of the hole). The particles that fly from the explosion are rendered independently as they don't have collision or any effect on the world around them. It's inconsequential where it all lands, so why would it need to be communicated?
Quote:
That's not true though - those particles are sometimes large enough to hinder player movement. Have you walked by a building while or after it gets blown up in BC2?
Yeah, no. Those particles are not being synced. I think half the reason everyone lags is because there are probably 5 people getting 10fps at that moment and disrupting the server. You'll notice that the particles are walk-through and if you destroy a couple buildings, their path is predetermined.
post #226 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengs View Post
Yeah, no. Those particles are not being synced. I think half the reason everyone lags is because there are probably 5 people getting 10fps at that moment and disrupting the server. You'll notice that the particles are walk-through and if you destroy a couple buildings, their path is predetermined.
Some particles are not walkthrough though. Some debris does get scattered. And although the building are predetermined animations, they still have to be communicated with everyone in the server.

Although that's another thing I haven't mentioned are FPS rates, thats another whole slew of stuff right there.
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #227 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zyklon View Post
i dont care about the trailer!

man, +1 favorite post
Sunfire
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 MSI P55A-G55 XFX 6850 8GB MUSHKIN 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2tb Green WD+640aaks Windows 7 x64 Dell 23" sw2309 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair hx520 Antec p182 Logitech G5 Sphex 
  hide details  
Reply
Sunfire
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 MSI P55A-G55 XFX 6850 8GB MUSHKIN 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2tb Green WD+640aaks Windows 7 x64 Dell 23" sw2309 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair hx520 Antec p182 Logitech G5 Sphex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #228 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post

that's senile. So, when water reacts to your bullets - those arent graphics because it's being calculated by the CPU? LOL
Oh but wait - when you have PhysX that's when they become graphics?
No, its not graphics. How do you determine that to be graphics? It's not graphics because no matter what resolution or shader setting or AA setting you set your game to, the water is still going to react. Even if there was some setting in your video control panel to say "turn water effects off", the engine will still register that your bullet hit that part of the texture map, it just simply wouldn't display an animation for that registration.

Graphics has to deal with rendering. Physics calculations are completely separate from that.
post #229 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
False. Yes it is. The explosions and destruction of buildings are MUCH less toned down and there is a whole lot less to blow up. Virtually everything in SP can be blown up and in MP you get a few houses all of which are strikingly similar.


Seriously though, with 12 core server processors and the amount of ram we can cram into a single box i hardly think that games like BC2 and BF3 are pushing the limits. Maybe if you tried to run a certain number of CS:S servers on one box, and compared it to another box running the same number of BC2 servers there would be a difference. That said, BC2 and CS:S server loads may be very different but that doesn't mean that BC2 servers are "too much to handle" for server providers.

I'd actually give you some slack if we were back in 2005 and they released BC2 instead of BF2, but this is 2011 and we have more than 2 core servers to play around with.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 XFX HD5870 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB OCZ Vertex 3 + 2x TB Seagate LG DVD+RW Stock Intel Windows 7 64bit / OSX Mountain Lion 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2210 + 17" IBM Das Ultimate S Antec TruePower 650W Antec P183 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX Revolution X-Trac Ripper Objective 2 + ODAC Combo Sennheiser HD650 + Klipsch 2.1 Promedia 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 XFX HD5870 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB OCZ Vertex 3 + 2x TB Seagate LG DVD+RW Stock Intel Windows 7 64bit / OSX Mountain Lion 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2210 + 17" IBM Das Ultimate S Antec TruePower 650W Antec P183 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX Revolution X-Trac Ripper Objective 2 + ODAC Combo Sennheiser HD650 + Klipsch 2.1 Promedia 
  hide details  
Reply
post #230 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
Some particles are not walkthrough though. Some debris does get scattered. And although the building are predetermined animations, they still have to be communicated with everyone in the server.

Although that's another thing I haven't mentioned are FPS rates, thats another whole slew of stuff right there.
I honestly haven't destroyed a building and been detoured by any stray large particle, and then again maybe I have but didn't notice. But I do know what your saying. When it comes to the buildings, I'm betting that it's all predetermined (transparent or not) and will happen in the same way over and over again. But when you shoot a barrel or other movable objects it tracks it like a ragdoll object as you said. Being communicated, yes. The server needs to tell the clients that the building has collapsed, though being very simple.
Edited by pengs - 2/23/11 at 8:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Youtube] Battlefield 3 Premiere Gameplay Trailer