Overclock.net banner

Anyone seriously planning on picking up the Xoom today?

364 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Dee. 
#1 ·
If so, why? Its overpriced, all of the features aren't operational (I wouldn't rely on a manufacturers word for anything that something will be added in a few weeks/months, especially after they already have my money), Apple will reveal info on the iPad 2 next week, and Honeycomb SDK was released meaning tabs like the Viewsonic Gtab and NotionInk Adam will receive it in the form of ROMs.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretz;12505979
I wouldn't rely on a manufacturers word for anything that something will be added in a few weeks/months, especially after they already have my money
I may not trust the manutfacturers, but this is googles device. I'd trust them

I'm waiting for WiFi only, or some other tab to get it ~$500/$600. Then of course, iPad 2 might have something to say about it.

As for Gtab and Notion Ink Adam, if a tablet is little more than a big screen operationally speaking, I don't want some crap screen like they have. LCD is supposed to be bad on both (from an objective standpoint), and the Pixel Qi is worse.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian;12508748
Way overpriced and given that arseholes like Verizon are insisting on a data package being taken before Wi-Fi is unlocked, I can't see why anyone woul buy this. Might as well stand at your front door and throw the money into the street.
That's a Best Buy thing. Even the Verizon stores aren't doing that.

#6 ·
Definitely waiting for the next iteration of the Xoom, as well as a Wi-Fi-only version.

The release is especially awkward IMO because they're sending it out just a week before the iPad 2 is going to be revealed. Hopefully the Xoom will still have the better/newer technology, otherwise it'll become another reason to mock it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.