Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Can I change the voltage on this card?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can I change the voltage on this card?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
hey!!

Im thinking of getting this card. My only question is, does it have voltage control?? Anyone know?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-888-_-Product
KOMAHDIR
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k  Asus p8z68-v/gen3 Sapphire AMD 290 8GB g-skill snipers @ 1866 9,10,10,28 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 Crucial M4 XSPC,Swiftech,EK windows 8.1 ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Black 23" 
PowerCase
Coolermaster 850W Silent Pro Coolermaster CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
KOMAHDIR
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k  Asus p8z68-v/gen3 Sapphire AMD 290 8GB g-skill snipers @ 1866 9,10,10,28 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 Crucial M4 XSPC,Swiftech,EK windows 8.1 ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Black 23" 
PowerCase
Coolermaster 850W Silent Pro Coolermaster CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da1Nonly View Post
hey!!

Im thinking of getting this card. My only question is, does it have voltage control?? Anyone know?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-888-_-Product
Yes you can any 5XXX card with the fan at the end like that is a Reference card that allows voltage control.

And wow thats a WONDERFUL deal makes me think about going Crossfire.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k AsRock X99 R290 16GB DDR4 GSkill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
3TB Hitachi Vertex 3 500GB Vertex 2 120GB Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Samsung UHD28 Black Edition XFX 750W HAF X Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k AsRock X99 R290 16GB DDR4 GSkill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
3TB Hitachi Vertex 3 500GB Vertex 2 120GB Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Samsung UHD28 Black Edition XFX 750W HAF X Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrain View Post
Yes you can any 5XXX card with the fan at the end like that is a Reference card that allows voltage control.

And wow thats a WONDERFUL deal makes me think about going Crossfire.
Yeah I saw this and a 470 for 187 (open box) cant make up my mind now...
KOMAHDIR
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k  Asus p8z68-v/gen3 Sapphire AMD 290 8GB g-skill snipers @ 1866 9,10,10,28 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 Crucial M4 XSPC,Swiftech,EK windows 8.1 ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Black 23" 
PowerCase
Coolermaster 850W Silent Pro Coolermaster CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
KOMAHDIR
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k  Asus p8z68-v/gen3 Sapphire AMD 290 8GB g-skill snipers @ 1866 9,10,10,28 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 Crucial M4 XSPC,Swiftech,EK windows 8.1 ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Black 23" 
PowerCase
Coolermaster 850W Silent Pro Coolermaster CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 7
Comparing that 2GB to a GTX 470 I'd personally go with the 5870 as it has more memory and I think performs stronger than a GTX 470 as the benchmark show in GAMES <---. You also do get the advantage of PhysX if that means anything to you, but either card will suit you fine.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...6970-review/18
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...6970-review/22

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=28056&page=6

Those are pretty much the only games I play I'm slightly biased to those benchmarks. But the general consensus, I believe if is the 5870 is a better card it consumes less power,heat but doesn't have PhysX. That 2GB Sapphire can also run 6 Monitors off of one card thinking about buying it and considerably selling mine as of right now actually.
Edited by Dtrain - 2/24/11 at 11:09am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k AsRock X99 R290 16GB DDR4 GSkill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
3TB Hitachi Vertex 3 500GB Vertex 2 120GB Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Samsung UHD28 Black Edition XFX 750W HAF X Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k AsRock X99 R290 16GB DDR4 GSkill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
3TB Hitachi Vertex 3 500GB Vertex 2 120GB Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Samsung UHD28 Black Edition XFX 750W HAF X Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrain View Post
Comparing that 2GB to a GTX 470 I'd personally go with the 5870 as it has more memory and I think performs stronger than a GTX 470 as the benchmark show in GAMES <---. You also do get the advantage of PhysX if that means anything to you, but either card will suit you fine.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...6970-review/18
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...6970-review/22

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=28056&page=6

Those are pretty much the only games I play I'm slightly biased to those benchmarks. But the general consensus, I believe if is the 5870 is a better card it consumes less power,heat but doesn't have PhysX. That 2GB Sapphire can also run 6 Monitors off of one card thinking about buying it and considerably selling mine as of right now actually.
Thanks for the links! Yeah Ill only be running one monitor, but it is 28" 1920x1200. In a lot of the reviews the 5870 looks amazing. but the 470 has better tessellation, which could be useful in the future. Tough choice to make.
KOMAHDIR
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k  Asus p8z68-v/gen3 Sapphire AMD 290 8GB g-skill snipers @ 1866 9,10,10,28 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 Crucial M4 XSPC,Swiftech,EK windows 8.1 ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Black 23" 
PowerCase
Coolermaster 850W Silent Pro Coolermaster CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
KOMAHDIR
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k  Asus p8z68-v/gen3 Sapphire AMD 290 8GB g-skill snipers @ 1866 9,10,10,28 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 Crucial M4 XSPC,Swiftech,EK windows 8.1 ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Black 23" 
PowerCase
Coolermaster 850W Silent Pro Coolermaster CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da1Nonly View Post
Thanks for the links! Yeah Ill only be running one monitor, but it is 28" 1920x1200. In a lot of the reviews the 5870 looks amazing. but the 470 has better tessellation, which could be useful in the future. Tough choice to make.
So true Nvidia does deal with Tessellation better, I say flip a coin for it either way you're going to be okay but in fairness of both cards, I don't think we'll see heavy tessellation for quite some time on either card as in benchmarks the DX11 benchmarks that use heavy tessellation(maybe when we start getting DX11 ports). But I know with CCC 11.2 their is a Tessellation switch that allows you to set how tessellation but I'm sure it doesn't stack up to the other camp on the 5XXX series.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k AsRock X99 R290 16GB DDR4 GSkill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
3TB Hitachi Vertex 3 500GB Vertex 2 120GB Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Samsung UHD28 Black Edition XFX 750W HAF X Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k AsRock X99 R290 16GB DDR4 GSkill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
3TB Hitachi Vertex 3 500GB Vertex 2 120GB Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Samsung UHD28 Black Edition XFX 750W HAF X Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrain View Post
So true Nvidia does deal with Tessellation better, I say flip a coin for it either way you're going to be okay but in fairness of both cards, I don't think we'll see heavy tessellation for quite some time on either card as in benchmarks the DX11 benchmarks that use heavy tessellation(maybe when we start getting DX11 ports). But I know with CCC 11.2 their is a Tessellation switch that allows you to set how tessellation but I'm sure it doesn't stack up to the other camp on the 5XXX series.
Alright...Made up my mind, the 5870. Im guessing Ill be able to clock it quite high, plus its colder, less power hungry and Ill have 2gigs of memory to play with.
Thanks for your help! ur rep'd.
KOMAHDIR
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k  Asus p8z68-v/gen3 Sapphire AMD 290 8GB g-skill snipers @ 1866 9,10,10,28 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 Crucial M4 XSPC,Swiftech,EK windows 8.1 ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Black 23" 
PowerCase
Coolermaster 850W Silent Pro Coolermaster CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
KOMAHDIR
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k  Asus p8z68-v/gen3 Sapphire AMD 290 8GB g-skill snipers @ 1866 9,10,10,28 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256 Crucial M4 XSPC,Swiftech,EK windows 8.1 ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Black 23" 
PowerCase
Coolermaster 850W Silent Pro Coolermaster CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Can I change the voltage on this card?