Hi all, I'm new here. I've been reading alot but can't seem to pinpoint the thread that will fix my problem I've been having with my Ram. Hope this one is it. Here goes:
I bought all my pieces and put together my first build. I've got an ASUS crosshair IV formula Mobo and some 8Gigs of Kingston Hyper X 1600 for my RAM. But my Mobo doesn't recognise more than 4Gigs. I've placed them in the recommended slots A1 and B1. I've tried updating my bios with the updater file on ASUS' web download (following link):
I've followed steps as to update my bios as the following:
1) Download crosshair IV 1902 Bios file
2) Copy file to flash drive
3) Reboot PC
4) Insert Flash drive while booting
5) At startup, press delete to enter setup
6) Press F5 to load Bios default settings. Press F10 to save and Exit.
7) After booting, re-enter Bios, In Tools section, select EZ Flash 2
8) Select corresponding Drive, than select Bios file to update
9) After updating, Bios reboots on it's own, remove Flash drive.
10) Enter Setup again and ppress F5 to load saved settings again.
11) Press F10 again to save and exit.
So my Bios should be up to date and what I've read, should detect my 8 Gigs of RAM. But it doesn't.
AND ... it only reads it as 1333 instead of 1600.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? If anything?