Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › (Little problem with Performance PCs) Difference between EK Supreme HF Designs...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Little problem with Performance PCs) Difference between EK Supreme HF Designs... - Page 7

post #61 of 71
I thank you for being kind and rational Mr. Vale. I know that you did not flame or us or anything like that. I was only explaining what normally happens, generally speaking. As for your block, the 1.4 written on the box is a measurement, it is not a version number. That was done because some of the older versions of the very same block had a different measurement and that was how we kept them separate. We were not aware that we still had older ones left because there is no indication on the box and when we received the newer shipment, there was no indication of them being newer either. I honestly don't know how it happened. The newer one on the site came from an email that they sent us. I have a feeling that they sent the email right after we received a shipment of the older ones and the site was updated with the new picture. We are currently in contact with EK to find out if there is anything they can do to mark the packages or in some way indicate that something has changed on the actual product. The package comes in and looks the same as the others, so we can only assume that they are the same, which is how they got mixed in the first place. As far as it being opened, it could have been opened to check something for a customer. However, they might not have been aware of the change. These are only possible explanations, as I cannot say with any certainty what actually happened. That is why we are trying to rectify this for you in a way that will be acceptable to you. Please see the email that I sent you for further details. Thank you again for your patience.
post #62 of 71
Quote:
I thank you for being kind and rational Mr. Vale. I know that you did not flame or us or anything like that. I was only explaining what normally happens, generally speaking. As for your block, the 1.4 written on the box is a measurement, it is not a version number. That was done because some of the older versions of the very same block had a different measurement and that was how we kept them separate. We were not aware that we still had older ones left because there is no indication on the box and when we received the newer shipment, there was no indication of them being newer either. I honestly don't know how it happened. The newer one on the site came from an email that they sent us. I have a feeling that they sent the email right after we received a shipment of the older ones and the site was updated with the new picture. We are currently in contact with EK to find out if there is anything they can do to mark the packages or in some way indicate that something has changed on the actual product. The package comes in and looks the same as the others, so we can only assume that they are the same, which is how they got mixed in the first place. As far as it being opened, it could have been opened to check something for a customer. However, they might not have been aware of the change. These are only possible explanations, as I cannot say with any certainty what actually happened. That is why we are trying to rectify this for you in a way that will be acceptable to you. Please see the email that I sent you for further details. Thank you again for your patience.
Are the barcode numbers on the box different? I ran into this situation with you guys about receiving the old version of an acrylic top. That was taken care of, and I thank you for it.

But what Im not understanding is- you had to open each of the boxes to indicate the distance for the ports on the block... You would know right away if it was an old or new version. Maybe after the distance is written, use a sticky note and then separate them by versions. Its nice that it states on the box what version the block is.. so maybe take it 2 steps further for your own sake and then label them according to port distance and by version 1 or 2. Like I said before- I've worked in retail where I received large amounts of shipments containing parts from manufactures (R/C Hobby shop). Sometimes the manufacture mixed in a different part in with a rubber-banded stack.

It almost seems as if everyone needs to double check things first. Sure it may take an extra 5 minutes, but I personally know it saves hassle.

I think that it was nice and professional for Jenn to come on here and reply- shows initiative.

My only question is this: How much do people at PPC's actually know about the different parts? For example with the different version supreme blocks... maybe a few workers go on OCN or elsewhere and noticed a different design in the HF Supreme series (Rev. 2)- then maybe from there try and research about it whats different and such, so then that new info can be used to possibly give other a heads up instead of relying on manufactures to notify you
I say this because like you stated us buyers do a lot of research before buying products, so we do expect to get what we added to the cart. As it should also be any retailer's responsibility to do the same research as well to: 1- help inform the customer if one has questions, 2- make sure what the customer receives is correct.

Okay enough from me. But it sounds like both parties are calm in the matter, which is good and mature
Welcome to OCN Jenn!! haha
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 71
Thread Starter 
I replied to Jenn,

I think that the best solution for me, after waiting more then one month for this block, is to sell the one that a have and order another one. (If I send them the one that I have it would take maybe one month to arrive there and more one month to receive the new one, just cant wait for that).

The order that I made from Frozen CPU was already shipped, so I think Ill wait to see if everything will be fine and ask them if they only have the newer version, so I can make the order.
post #64 of 71
oh my.. I was on the verge of ordering my first WC parts for my loop from PPC by the end of the week but after reading through the thread and countless others I'm having second thoughts. I cant risk not getting the exact items i paid for since i'll be using their int'l shipping. Owell.. or i might just make a note before checking out to double check my orders
Liquid Headache
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k GB P67 UD7 B3 MSI GTX580 SLI Corsair Dominator 2x2gb 2000mhz 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit LG 23" 1920x1080 Cougar GX 1050w Silverstone TJ-07 
  hide details  
Reply
Liquid Headache
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k GB P67 UD7 B3 MSI GTX580 SLI Corsair Dominator 2x2gb 2000mhz 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit LG 23" 1920x1080 Cougar GX 1050w Silverstone TJ-07 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello900 View Post
oh my.. I was on the verge of ordering my first WC parts for my loop from PPC by the end of the week but after reading through the thread and countless others I'm having second thoughts. I cant risk not getting the exact items i paid for since i'll be using their int'l shipping. Owell.. or i might just make a note before checking out to double check my orders
that were my eighth order, and I received everything right until now.
I admit that I was surprised about receiving so many replys about PPs mistakes.

I confess that its hard to wait one month for an order that you paid U$244,00.
post #66 of 71
Quote:
that were my eighth order, and I received everything right until now.
I admit that I was surprised about receiving so many replys about PPs mistakes.

I confess that its hard to wait one month for an order that you paid U$244,00.
Exactly. And honestly, with me.. it happens every large order I place. Past 2 months its happened twice (second time I got 2 open corner fans and 2 closed corner fans, no biggie with that.. but still)
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlxxxsracer View Post
Exactly. And honestly, with me.. it happens every large order I place. Past 2 months its happened twice (second time I got 2 open corner fans and 2 closed corner fans, no biggie with that.. but still)
tlxxxsracer,

Im starting to think that you should have created this topic not me.
post #68 of 71
Quote:
Im starting to think that you should have created this topic not me.
I remembered a few months back I ordered blue nexus heat spreaders for my RAM, I received the black ones. They shipped me the corrected ones and I returned the black ones upon receiving the blue ones.

But they get it fixed- I call the same day I receive the order.. I then exchange a few emails and fill out the RMA form. Its convenient as I live in Florida as well I get orders the next day, but no good having to pay sale tax

Note: All of these times they paid for return shipping
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 71
Well I'm going to be spending around $1000 on various parts in a few weeks and am glad I seen this thread. I know one merchant that won't be on my buying list. Hope eveything works out for you Rafael.
Main system
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7  3 x Sapphire 7950 16 GB GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 2x Samsung F1 Samsung TFC 480, 360, BI 140. EK 250 res. 355 with XSP... Win 7 + Vista 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Catleap Corsair K90 EVGA 1300 G2 Corsair 800d 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Coolermaster Spawn Ratpad Soundblaster XFi HD Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7  3 x Sapphire 7950 16 GB GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 2x Samsung F1 Samsung TFC 480, 360, BI 140. EK 250 res. 355 with XSP... Win 7 + Vista 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Catleap Corsair K90 EVGA 1300 G2 Corsair 800d 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Coolermaster Spawn Ratpad Soundblaster XFi HD Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 71
Thread Starter 
This things happen with every online store. As tlxxxsracer said, they make mistakes and send wrong parts, but they always fix the problem.

At first, they didnt made a effort to help me, but then Jenn realy tryed to fix it for me, but as it would take a lot of time for me to receive a new one, my problem is a little bit more complex.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › (Little problem with Performance PCs) Difference between EK Supreme HF Designs...