Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Portal 2 Information/Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portal 2 Information/Discussion Thread - Page 27

post #261 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi-BANZAII!!! View Post
Did I ever notice that it was the sole purpose to dislike it?
No, no I didn't get of that rotten high chair before you accept more crap from developers.

People like you accepts crap and lives with it while people like me demand the proper treatment.

Why don't they just release games with 360 controls on all three systems then.

Remember the time Overclock that that Facebook Like button, I guess people that hated that too are "Crying" from your perspective.

I guess you'd like Intel and AMD to simply remove the features that makes it possible because the overclockers are a minority.
That's how you want it when it comes to games since you clearly stated that you actually like playing a game that isn't even meant for PC.

The reason the spinning loading screen attracted my attention is because there ALREADY is a loading bar down the right that is enough.

Accepting crap and living with it? A spinning loading bar is accepting crap? Are you kidding me? I had alot more respect for you of all people than that.

This is similar to your rant about Lost Planet, and how it had console controller buttons the menu. That's much more worse and understandable to moan about as compared to a spinning loading icon, but considering it was Capcom's first real attempt at a PC port and a overall fantastic one at that: it's not the end of the world. I thought that was bad, but this about a spinning logo? Cmon Ecchi.

The Facebook OCN button was horrible. It made the site slow, it was only going to get abused, it looked ugly on the website and was a deterrent from everything else, and it was stupid idea to begin with. That's COMPLETELY different from a spinning loading icon in a good PC video game that you're complaining about as a console port. How you even brought that up I have no idea. How does AMD and Intel come into this either? I didn't understand what you said about removing features or whatever. What?
Edited by OmegaNemesis28 - 4/25/11 at 9:47pm
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #262 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Tac= View Post
Part of a DLC level pack maybe Hopefully anything added to this game is free, or at least tools so people can make portal madness.
Woah woah hold on isn't your favourite overrated valve supposed to provide you with free unlimited lifetime updates?

Wasn't charging for map packs only something that evil and greedy companies like activision do?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
Woah woah hold on isn't your favourite overrated valve supposed to provide you with free unlimited lifetime updates?

Wasn't charging for map packs only something that evil and greedy companies like activision do?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

They are releasing MOD tools for free...

MOD TOOLS = Unlimited DLC
post #264 of 295
Mod tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Sorry got a little excited there
Ol' Faithful
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @3.83 Ghz ASUS Rampage III Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming OC G.SKILL 6GB 1850Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 6GB/s 1TB Liteon 24X DVD R/W Noctua NH-D14  Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 23" 1920X1080p Aerocool V12XT 800 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
Ol' Faithful
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @3.83 Ghz ASUS Rampage III Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming OC G.SKILL 6GB 1850Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 6GB/s 1TB Liteon 24X DVD R/W Noctua NH-D14  Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 23" 1920X1080p Aerocool V12XT 800 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #265 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
Accepting crap and living with it? A spinning loading bar is accepting crap? Are you kidding me? I had alot more respect for you of all people than that.

This is similar to your rant about Lost Planet, and how it had console controller buttons the menu. That's much more worse and understandable to moan about as compared to a spinning loading icon, but considering it was Capcom's first real attempt at a PC port and a overall fantastic one at that: it's not the end of the world. I thought that was bad, but this about a spinning logo? Cmon Ecchi.

The Facebook OCN button was horrible. It made the site slow, it was only going to get abused, it looked ugly on the website and was a deterrent from everything else, and it was stupid idea to begin with. That's COMPLETELY different from a spinning loading icon in a good PC video game that you're complaining about as a console port. How you even brought that up I have no idea. How does AMD and Intel come into this either? I didn't understand what you said about removing features or whatever. What?

Dont waste your time on them.
pron.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium 4 520. Asus P5QPL-AM. 1x2gB Corsair XMS2. 1xWD 320gB IDE. 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
HP 1270i. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. LG 710E 17'' CRT Monitor. IBM Kb-0225 Crap! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Stock Thermalmaster 420w. Cooler Master Elite 334. Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition. 3M Precise Mousing Surface. 
  hide details  
Reply
pron.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium 4 520. Asus P5QPL-AM. 1x2gB Corsair XMS2. 1xWD 320gB IDE. 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
HP 1270i. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. LG 710E 17'' CRT Monitor. IBM Kb-0225 Crap! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Stock Thermalmaster 420w. Cooler Master Elite 334. Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition. 3M Precise Mousing Surface. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #266 of 295
Platform share (%)

Quote:
Xbox 360 (54)
PS3 (35)
PC (10)
What...

Source
post #267 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyboyd View Post
Platform share (%)



What...

Source
valve does not release steam sales figures. that 10% is retail copies sold at brick and mortar stores.

if you added steam sales I bet PC would be top platform.
Edited by sexybastard - 4/26/11 at 6:40am
post #268 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybastard View Post
valve does not release steam sales figures. that 10% is retail copies sold at brick and mortar stores.

if you added steam sales I bet PC would be top platform.
wow, yeah i bet. I'm amazed people still get physical copies when they are the same price as on steam.
post #269 of 295
I hate VALVE" refusal to divulge their revenues, because portal 2 probably outsold all the crapsoles on pc and it could show developers that pc is a dominant platform, and we would get quality games instead of all these ports.

But it's probably a right decision for their business because the moment they announce it the government will come knocking on their doorstep with their hand out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #270 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
But it's probably a right decision for their business because the moment they announce it the government will come knocking on their doorstep with their hand out.
You misunderstand tax. Valve HAVE to declare what they spent/earnt to the revenue department of the government. You can't keep that a secret.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Portal 2 Information/Discussion Thread