Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Antec 1200 VS antec darkfleet 85 or other
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Antec 1200 VS antec darkfleet 85 or other - Page 3

post #21 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helikaon View Post
I would go with the Antec 1200. Purely because I do not like the look of the DF series - looks very plasticky. Just my opinion on that front.

BUT I did own an Antec 1200 and the case was a lot of fun to mod. You can cut a custom side window, cut a hole for the cpu cooler mount and of course you can do a reverse hard drive cage mod that is just pure awesome-ness as then every single hd cable will be invisible

Case in point:

pardon that "my rig rocks" moniker in the pic - was for a comp.

And as you can clearly see - cable management is CAKE is this case when done right
wow you did a good job of that, now you just need to sleeve the wires and it will look pro!
post #22 of 27
Thank you kindly good sir.

Full cable sleeve is indeed the next step - or was untill I sold the psu. Picked up a RC1000 cosmos and HX1K psu on the cheap 2nd hand for modding. So full sleeve shall be applied there Just waiting on my PPC order to hit South Africa - we do not have nice sleeve in this country...hell, we don't even have pc stores that sometimes know what sleeve is! Haha.

The 1200 is a great case, but admittedly it needs work done to make it stand up with the latest case designs where cable management and features are concerned. OF course, thats where the fun lies - in the modding
post #23 of 27
I love my Antec 1200. Cable management is good. It's a great airflow case and it also has options for some watercooling. Only beef I have with it is that the 120mm fan on the side case panel interfere's with my hyper 212+ heatsink if I position it vertically.
What's going on.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz ASUS P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 670 2gb 8gb of DDR3 G.SKILL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Agility 2 60gb SSD w/ 250gb HDD Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Shimian 27" 2560x1440p DELL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 watt Antec 1200 Full Tower Logitech G400 Blue colored 
  hide details  
Reply
What's going on.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz ASUS P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 670 2gb 8gb of DDR3 G.SKILL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Agility 2 60gb SSD w/ 250gb HDD Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Shimian 27" 2560x1440p DELL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 watt Antec 1200 Full Tower Logitech G400 Blue colored 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 27
All crap

df/haf/antec = all ugly
Vibrant Curiosity
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Maximus IV GENE-Z 2x Galaxy 570 SLI Adata 1600 8GB (4x2) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Force GT 120 & Seagate 1TB 7200 Lite-On Blu-ray combo 620 + 2x Akasa Viper Windows 7 HP 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2711 Majestouch Ninja Tenkeyless Brown X-760 Mini P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G400 QcK Heavy Westone 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 160 GB 5400rpm 
OSMonitor
Mac OSX 10.6 13.3" 1,280 × 800 
  hide details  
Reply
Vibrant Curiosity
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Maximus IV GENE-Z 2x Galaxy 570 SLI Adata 1600 8GB (4x2) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Force GT 120 & Seagate 1TB 7200 Lite-On Blu-ray combo 620 + 2x Akasa Viper Windows 7 HP 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2711 Majestouch Ninja Tenkeyless Brown X-760 Mini P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G400 QcK Heavy Westone 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 160 GB 5400rpm 
OSMonitor
Mac OSX 10.6 13.3" 1,280 × 800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helikaon View Post
Thank you kindly good sir.

Full cable sleeve is indeed the next step - or was untill I sold the psu. Picked up a RC1000 cosmos and HX1K psu on the cheap 2nd hand for modding. So full sleeve shall be applied there Just waiting on my PPC order to hit South Africa - we do not have nice sleeve in this country...hell, we don't even have pc stores that sometimes know what sleeve is! Haha.

The 1200 is a great case, but admittedly it needs work done to make it stand up with the latest case designs where cable management and features are concerned. OF course, thats where the fun lies - in the modding
Yes indeed whichever i get (leaning towards the df cquse its on sale and my tax return wws.. well it sucked) i dont plan on modding it till i have some exp with cheaper cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. Peppers View Post
I love my Antec 1200. Cable management is good. It's a great airflow case and it also has options for some watercooling. Only beef I have with it is that the 120mm fan on the side case panel interfere's with my hyper 212+ heatsink if I position it vertically.
Like above im probly gonna get the df. I do plan to watercool so a tall cooler isnt my concern
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2 View Post
All crap

df/haf/antec = all ugly
im assuming you are a plain box guy as much as i would love a lian li or somthing like that i just cant afford it.
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFox View Post

im assuming you are a plain box guy as much as i would love a lian li or somthing like that i just cant afford it.
I'm assuming your a ricer box guy so you're saying you would want a lancool over a raidmax?
Vibrant Curiosity
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Maximus IV GENE-Z 2x Galaxy 570 SLI Adata 1600 8GB (4x2) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Force GT 120 & Seagate 1TB 7200 Lite-On Blu-ray combo 620 + 2x Akasa Viper Windows 7 HP 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2711 Majestouch Ninja Tenkeyless Brown X-760 Mini P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G400 QcK Heavy Westone 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 160 GB 5400rpm 
OSMonitor
Mac OSX 10.6 13.3" 1,280 × 800 
  hide details  
Reply
Vibrant Curiosity
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Maximus IV GENE-Z 2x Galaxy 570 SLI Adata 1600 8GB (4x2) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Force GT 120 & Seagate 1TB 7200 Lite-On Blu-ray combo 620 + 2x Akasa Viper Windows 7 HP 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2711 Majestouch Ninja Tenkeyless Brown X-760 Mini P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G400 QcK Heavy Westone 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 160 GB 5400rpm 
OSMonitor
Mac OSX 10.6 13.3" 1,280 × 800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2 View Post
I'm assuming your a ricer box guy so you're saying you would want a lancool over a raidmax?
Idk both look pretty cool to me.

I do like shiney cases though. I however hate front intakes over 120mm and after buying my antec 900 i realise that i dont really like 200 mm fans at all which is another reason im oeaning to the df over the 1200.

It woldnt be as bad if i could find a 200x200 rad but idk if those even exsist. So i would just get a 280x140 on the top of the df or a 240x120 on the back.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Antec 1200 VS antec darkfleet 85 or other