Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › 1920x1080 resolution problem on 65" dlp tv
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1920x1080 resolution problem on 65" dlp tv - Page 3

post #21 of 27
It happened to me, my fix? Use yout TV 's remote, and choose "Native". fixes it everytime.
post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adphr0g;12539576 
It happened to me, my fix? Use yout TV 's remote, and choose "Native". fixes it everytime.

I look around the tv menu for something like that but couldn't find anything.
Sniper Skull
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 870 4ghz HT on Intel Extreme DP55kg Skull MSI Gtx 465 GE Unlocked 470 Twin Frozr II 8Gb Hyperx 1600 @ 1401mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb dvd burner & blue ray Windows Vista & 7 64bit 22" Viewsonic lcd 
PowerCaseMouse
Sea Sonic S12D 850 Watt Coolermaster Sniper Storm Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000 
  hide details  
Reply
Sniper Skull
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 870 4ghz HT on Intel Extreme DP55kg Skull MSI Gtx 465 GE Unlocked 470 Twin Frozr II 8Gb Hyperx 1600 @ 1401mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb dvd burner & blue ray Windows Vista & 7 64bit 22" Viewsonic lcd 
PowerCaseMouse
Sea Sonic S12D 850 Watt Coolermaster Sniper Storm Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 27
Depending on the age of your TV, you may have an option in the televisions set-up under "Auto Input Sensing".

If you have this setting in the TV, and set it to "PC", rather than AUTO, the Mitsubishi will not attempt to scale the picture (I think what you are experiencing is overscan), and will display exactly what the computer sends it. The "PC" mode setting bypasses the scaler in the TV, and changes the Type of signal the TV will accept.

A PC signal (computer video signal) is not interpreted the same as an ATSC/NTSC/PAL signal, through most HDMI inputs on consumer electronics.

If/When you have a setting in your TV that allows for a personal computer input, the terms 1080p, 1080i, 720p ect... are not truly the signal types that a computer is sending, as these formats are television signals, not computer signals. Even though the resolutions are the same (1080p = 1920 x1080 @60hz), the TV interprets the signal differently when it is capable of accepting/differentiating a true computer graphics signal.

A computers video card may be able to send a television signal, but that is not the best alternative when an actual PC video signal can be sent to a monitor, because the monitors scaler is bypassed with a PC signal. The CE industry loves 1080p, and uses it generically for just about any 1920 x 1080 source, but as stated above, is not exactly correct for a computer outputting display graphics.
Rusty Metal
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2 x Corsair Performance 3 SSD 128 GB; RAID 0 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB; RAID 0 Western Digital Black LG BluRay - RE/DVD+/-DL Burner  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 24x super-multi  Corsair H70 Windows 7 Professional x64 DELL U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G19 Corsair AX750 Coolermaster Storm Sniper Logitech Performance MX 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro  
  hide details  
Reply
Rusty Metal
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2 x Corsair Performance 3 SSD 128 GB; RAID 0 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB; RAID 0 Western Digital Black LG BluRay - RE/DVD+/-DL Burner  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 24x super-multi  Corsair H70 Windows 7 Professional x64 DELL U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G19 Corsair AX750 Coolermaster Storm Sniper Logitech Performance MX 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro  
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucial09;12542690 
I look around the tv menu for something like that but couldn't find anything.

That's why thankfully you can adjust over/underscan via the driver software. I gotta do the same with my 67" Sammy DLP connected thru my Onkyo 705 then to my 6950. The input to the video reads as an Onkyo device cuz it's the switch for the tv, so it's not like I could get a driver for it anyways... Again, thank goodness I can adjust scaling via the driver.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandypx;12542884 
Depending on the age of your TV, you may have an option in the televisions set-up under "Auto Input Sensing".

If you have this setting in the TV, and set it to "PC", rather than AUTO, the Mitsubishi will not attempt to scale the picture (I think what you are experiencing is overscan), and will display exactly what the computer sends it. The "PC" mode setting bypasses the scaler in the TV, and changes the Type of signal the TV will accept.

A PC signal (computer video signal) is not interpreted the same as an ATSC/NTSC/PAL signal, through most HDMI inputs on consumer electronics.

If/When you have a setting in your TV that allows for a personal computer input, the terms 1080p, 1080i, 720p ect... are not truly the signal types that a computer is sending, as these formats are television signals, not computer signals. Even though the resolutions are the same (1080p = 1920 x1080 @60hz), the TV interprets the signal differently when it is capable of accepting/differentiating a true computer graphics signal.

A computers video card may be able to send a television signal, but that is not the best alternative when an actual PC video signal can be sent to a monitor, because the monitors scaler is bypassed with a PC signal. The CE industry loves 1080p, and uses it generically for just about any 1920 x 1080 source, but as stated above, is not exactly correct for a computer outputting display graphics.

The tv is pretty new. it is 3d capable too.
I could not see a pc mode however.
I will look into adjusting overscan with the driver in nvidia control panel.

thank you for the great information =]
Sniper Skull
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 870 4ghz HT on Intel Extreme DP55kg Skull MSI Gtx 465 GE Unlocked 470 Twin Frozr II 8Gb Hyperx 1600 @ 1401mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb dvd burner & blue ray Windows Vista & 7 64bit 22" Viewsonic lcd 
PowerCaseMouse
Sea Sonic S12D 850 Watt Coolermaster Sniper Storm Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000 
  hide details  
Reply
Sniper Skull
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 870 4ghz HT on Intel Extreme DP55kg Skull MSI Gtx 465 GE Unlocked 470 Twin Frozr II 8Gb Hyperx 1600 @ 1401mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb dvd burner & blue ray Windows Vista & 7 64bit 22" Viewsonic lcd 
PowerCaseMouse
Sea Sonic S12D 850 Watt Coolermaster Sniper Storm Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucial09;12547319 
The tv is pretty new. it is 3d capable too.
I could not see a pc mode however.
I will look into adjusting overscan with the driver in nvidia control panel.

thank you for the great information =]

Is it one of the Mits that has an "Activity" menu once you hook up all the components to the inputs? can't remember ... the C9? series? or newer?

...because I think even the C9's have some type of H/V position menu for a computer input through an HDMI connection. It is only activated when you change the input setting to (something)... I can't specifically remember what.. You may want to check you owners manual, and see what it says about a PC input through HDMI.
Rusty Metal
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2 x Corsair Performance 3 SSD 128 GB; RAID 0 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB; RAID 0 Western Digital Black LG BluRay - RE/DVD+/-DL Burner  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 24x super-multi  Corsair H70 Windows 7 Professional x64 DELL U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G19 Corsair AX750 Coolermaster Storm Sniper Logitech Performance MX 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro  
  hide details  
Reply
Rusty Metal
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2 x Corsair Performance 3 SSD 128 GB; RAID 0 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB; RAID 0 Western Digital Black LG BluRay - RE/DVD+/-DL Burner  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 24x super-multi  Corsair H70 Windows 7 Professional x64 DELL U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G19 Corsair AX750 Coolermaster Storm Sniper Logitech Performance MX 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro  
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandypx;12547756 
Is it one of the Mits that has an "Activity" menu once you hook up all the components to the inputs? can't remember ... the C9? series? or newer?

...because I think even the C9's have some type of H/V position menu for a computer input through an HDMI connection. It is only activated when you change the input setting to (something)... I can't specifically remember what.. You may want to check you owners manual, and see what it says about a PC input through HDMI.

No it is not a c9

It has an auto detect that senses new inputs and lets me assign a name for it but I think that is it.

Owners manual is a great idea lol
but no one reads the manual anymore! rolleyes.gif
Sniper Skull
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 870 4ghz HT on Intel Extreme DP55kg Skull MSI Gtx 465 GE Unlocked 470 Twin Frozr II 8Gb Hyperx 1600 @ 1401mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb dvd burner & blue ray Windows Vista & 7 64bit 22" Viewsonic lcd 
PowerCaseMouse
Sea Sonic S12D 850 Watt Coolermaster Sniper Storm Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000 
  hide details  
Reply
Sniper Skull
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 870 4ghz HT on Intel Extreme DP55kg Skull MSI Gtx 465 GE Unlocked 470 Twin Frozr II 8Gb Hyperx 1600 @ 1401mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb dvd burner & blue ray Windows Vista & 7 64bit 22" Viewsonic lcd 
PowerCaseMouse
Sea Sonic S12D 850 Watt Coolermaster Sniper Storm Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › 1920x1080 resolution problem on 65" dlp tv