lol ... some bad thing starting to happen to this forum too ...
Before I start here are my system specs:
Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum (1gb) - stock clocked
4x Kingston KTC1G-UDIMM 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM - stock clocked
be quiet! Pure Power L7 530W
AMD Mthlong 64 x2 6000+ - stock clocked
2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATAII
Windows 7 Premium 64
This problem appeared few weaks ago. Didnt changed the drivers. Card worked for more then few months w/o any problem.
Sometimes from time to time, during random operations (games,brwosking internet,google earth) and sometimes even in idle I start to see some graphice artifacts ( usually squares ) - no longer then 1-2sec ( so its kinda hard to make a picture ). Sometimes they appear during windows startup. If that happends my screen gets dark, then the box pops up: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (bla bla bla)
, and everything usually get baks to normal. Sometimes it doesnt and then, my monitor shuts down and I have to reset my pc. Then ... in some occasions I see graphica artifacts even in BIOS startup (screens below) [but very rarely 1/2weeks], but If I just turn the PC off and then on everything goes back as it should be.
This problem appears mainly in idle temps, no more then 50-60 C. But sometimes I can work all day, play and dont see any problems.
What have I olready tried
- geting old and newdrivers
- turning HD audio, vsync, regedit msg (recovering of drivers) - all off
- on old 8800 GTX I didnt noticed this problem ( but maybe I just wasnt lucky )
- lowering GPU/Mem Clock (underclocking for stock nvidia 460 gtx )
doesnt seam to change anything (in that case when the error happends gpu/mem clock go back to stock even if they ware undeclocked )
- Iv added even the VRM heatsink - like this: http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1950/p1070386.jpg
- what droped my temps about 5-10 C in stress
- checked my RAM and VRM with test software - no errors
- runned Video Card Stability test for more then 1h ( sometimes no error, somethies it doesnt even start )
- Flashed Bios with that Palit update
What I have also noticed
- I didnt noticed this problem when playing full screen games. I can play FarCray2 or Starcraft II all day and nothing.
- It happends when card has its max gpu/mem/shader speeds in idle, then they drop for 1-2sec, and get back to normal like this:
I also noticed that the voltage of the card doesnt drop and stays constant.
- The card switches itself probably to low-acceleration mode, but I dont know why and how can I fix it.
Since the card can work sometimes even full day w/o error I doubt Palit will accept RMA.
Any ideas ?