SMP1) Prime95/LinX stable DOES NOT equal Folding stable. While they may well be sufficient for every day usage, the Folding@home clients stress your hardware more than most stability testers, so don't assume your OC is infallible.
2) Higher RAM speeds and tighter timings give a small, but non-zero, PPD increase for SMP WUs. It gives noticeable improvement for -bigadv WUs. The same is true of single-, dual-, and triple-channel RAM.
3) The SMP client can support 24 threads for normal SMP WUs, and 64 threads for -bigadv WUs.
GPU1) The same as point 1 for SMP; don't rely on stress tests.
2) For the GPU systray client, DO NOT leave the viewer open. It'll kill PPD, and let's be honest, it's not that interesting.
3) The GPU console client doesn't get more PPD than the system tray client. At times, the console client might work while the systray client has an error, but this can work the other way too.
4) Shaders are the most important clock for GPUs. If you can drop the core/memory clocks to get another shader strap, do it.
5) Leaving SLI enabled might crash your 2nd GPU, it might not. It differs from system to system, so try it first and find out yourself.
6) The same is also true for dummy plugs/additional monitors. Sometimes the -forcegpu flag will work, sometimes it won't.
7) Don't have Aero disabled. You'll notice GPU usage fluctuate.
Miscellaneous1) Don't ask about the improved ATi client; rest assured, we'll be making quite some noise when it arrives.
OCN-related1) There is no need to PM an Editor for a millionaire badge; they are handled automatically by our stats system at 3am EST each day, as long as you have a Folding Postbit.
2) You are automatically entered into the monthly Folding draw (link), and need to sign up for the monthly Foldathon (link) once. After the initial signup, you will remain on record.
3) If interested in joining a sub-team for the OCN Team Competition, fill out the form here.
Please be aware, you will be expected to Fold close to 24/7. PM me if you have any questions.
4) Off-topic discussions go in the "Folders' Lounge", off-topic but Folding related topics go in the "Friendly Trash Talking" thread.
5) I am evil, but also in charge, so .
Edited by zodac - 2/27/11 at 10:55am