Decided to add some info regarding my tests with OC'ing my 6950 and this Accelero Twin Turbo Pro cooler.
Card, various bios, and settings: Sapphire 6950, 6950 Shader unlock only bios, Sapphire 6970 Bios, stock 1.1 voltage. Powertune was 20% on all tests and gameplay.
Programs used: GPU-Z, MSI AfterBurner and Kombustor, Sapphire Trixx. All tests are me running Kombustor for 5minutes just to see how hot the card gets.
- Test1: stock clocks (800/1250) = 65C
- Test2: stock clocks (800/1250) with a Scythe Gentle Typhon AP-29 (3000rpm) 120mm fan behind the card to blow air out the back of the case at 2500+ rpm = 58C
- Test3: 6950 shader unlock bios (890/1350/1.1v) with GT AP-29 helping move air out = 61C
- Test4: 6950 shader unlock bios (910/1400/1.1v) with GT AP-29 helping move air out = Kombustor crashes or driver crashes in less than 2 minutes. This is alleviated by increasing voltage though.
- Test5: 6950 shader unlock bios (910/1400/1.13v) with GT AP-29 helping move air out = 64.5C
- Test6: 6970 bios/clocks/voltage (880/1375/1.175v) = 74C
- Test7: 6970 bios/clocks oc'ed (920/1400/1.175v) = 83C
- Test8: 6970 bios (910/1400/1.175) with no GT AP-29 helping exhaust air = System Freeze in less than 2 minutes, forced to reboot.
- 2 hours of playing BC2 on Oasis/White Pass on 32 player servers on 1920x1080 on medium settings, stock clocks, max temp = 47c, avg temp = 44c.
- 1 hour of playing BC2 on White pass on a 32 player server with same res at High Settings (High Everything, V sync/HBAO off, 8x AA, 16x AF) @ 845/1325 clocks, max temp = 49c, avg temp = 46c.
- GPU Usage while BC2 running on average (according to sapphire trixx gadget) = 65%.
Conclusion: The GT AP-29 I put on under the card makes a great difference in helping the temps, also the shader unlock bios I find better for controlling temps. I can play at 895/1375 on this 6950 with no issues as far as I can tell.
Edited by yoshi245 - 3/5/11 at 1:26am