Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › 2x 6970 or 4x 580?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2x 6970 or 4x 580? - Page 5

post #41 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
Why not get two gtx 580's first, See that nothing runs slow on them and just save your money.
do as he says, then wait to use the other money to spend on new things like ivy bridge and kepler
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Kingston 2x1 GB PC2-5300 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1Tb Hitachi SATA II Maxtor 250Gb SATA II Samsung SH-S223 Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Full HD LED 1080p Eurocase Biswal 600W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Nine Hundred Eurocase Eumo Belkin wave rest 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Kingston 2x1 GB PC2-5300 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1Tb Hitachi SATA II Maxtor 250Gb SATA II Samsung SH-S223 Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Full HD LED 1080p Eurocase Biswal 600W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Nine Hundred Eurocase Eumo Belkin wave rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 65
I just don't understand this thread at all.

the 4x hydro coppers listed in your sig rig. (you said are there cuz you are leaning toward that) cost 700 each. that's 2800 dollars. WAY over your 2k budget?????

Now 2x 6970s.. those run 370 each. call it 375. that's 750 for the 2 of them.

guys what's better, 2 corvettes or 4 lamborghinis? When I read the title it sounded like nvidia fanboy troll thread, but it looks like you are actually serious. A more correct pricing comparison would be 3x 6970 vs 2x 580. The 580s would STILL cost more even though there are only 2 of them. Also the 3x 6970 would smoke it, especially at high res.
Snoopy 5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Sabertooth X58 XFX Radeon 6970 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Enhanced Redline cas 6 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Series 256GB Samsung Spinpoint f4 2TB Samsung dvd/cd read and write Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
25" 1920x1080 Cougar CMX-1000 Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
Snoopy 5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Sabertooth X58 XFX Radeon 6970 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Enhanced Redline cas 6 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Series 256GB Samsung Spinpoint f4 2TB Samsung dvd/cd read and write Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
25" 1920x1080 Cougar CMX-1000 Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 65
Why is the OP asking this question if his sig rig already has 4x gtx 580s...? Or am I missing something here?
Current rig
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
Current rig
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #44 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post
Why is the OP asking this question if his sig rig already has 4x gtx 580s...? Or am I missing something here?
he just put them there "because he is leaning towards them". this really smells like fanboy troll thread.
Snoopy 5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Sabertooth X58 XFX Radeon 6970 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Enhanced Redline cas 6 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Series 256GB Samsung Spinpoint f4 2TB Samsung dvd/cd read and write Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
25" 1920x1080 Cougar CMX-1000 Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
Snoopy 5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Sabertooth X58 XFX Radeon 6970 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Enhanced Redline cas 6 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Series 256GB Samsung Spinpoint f4 2TB Samsung dvd/cd read and write Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
25" 1920x1080 Cougar CMX-1000 Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 65
save your money.
post #46 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopykins View Post
I just don't understand this thread at all.

the 4x hydro coppers listed in your sig rig. (you said are there cuz you are leaning toward that) cost 700 each. that's 2800 dollars. WAY over your 2k budget?????

Now 2x 6970s.. those run 370 each. call it 375. that's 750 for the 2 of them.

guys what's better, 2 corvettes or 4 lamborghinis? When I read the title it sounded like nvidia fanboy troll thread, but it looks like you are actually serious. A more correct pricing comparison would be 3x 6970 vs 2x 580. The 580s would STILL cost more even though there are only 2 of them. Also the 3x 6970 would smoke it, especially at high res.
EDIT:Sorry, I just saw that he put links in OP, earlier he said 5970.
Edited by Mmmmbaato - 2/27/11 at 5:21pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 MSI P55M-GD41 ASUS GTX 460 768MB 4GB Patriot II Sector 5 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Hanns G HG216D Razer Lycosa [HP Rebrand] 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Earthwatts 500W Coolermaster HAF 922M MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 MSI P55M-GD41 ASUS GTX 460 768MB 4GB Patriot II Sector 5 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Hanns G HG216D Razer Lycosa [HP Rebrand] 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Earthwatts 500W Coolermaster HAF 922M MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopykins View Post
he just put them there "because he is leaning towards them". this really smells like fanboy troll thread.
To be quite honest 9/10 these threads where people say ive got $xxxxx to spend turn out to be bull**** as they ask the question then never follow up with any more relevant questions...so in this case I would agree with you seems like a crap thread.
Current rig
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
Current rig
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #48 of 65
Thread Starter 
okay seriously i said i was leaning towards the hydro coppers not a final decison as stated earlier i read somone review with 4 580s (512mb each) and 4 6970 (2gb each) the 6970s would win compared with ram but then someone suggested that i look into the 580 edition with 3gb of ram so do the math people
3x 3gb (if i get 3 580s) of ram = 9gb total i can use
4x 2gb (if i were to get 4 6970's) of ram= 8gb total i can use
the point of this thread was to see what would be the best option for the most amount of ram because i am working in large resolutions!!!!!!!!!!!

and for those who posted "oh this is not a fair competion" well 4x 580 with 512mb of ram each equal 4gb or ram total, and 2 6970 2gb each equals 4gb total

Holy Christ no need to go ranting so much

and seriously the build in my sig is not final subject to change i dont have hours to waist constatly updating CALM DOWN PEOPLE i will post the final system in a week or so
Edited by BadAssClocker - 2/27/11 at 6:00pm
Bernice
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Foxconn Aloe 1.01 Radeon HD 4350 Kingston ddr3 2gb X3 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Light scribe Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VW246H, Dell 17" Hp stock 
CaseMouse
stock hp pavillion e9300z HP stock 
  hide details  
Reply
Bernice
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Foxconn Aloe 1.01 Radeon HD 4350 Kingston ddr3 2gb X3 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Light scribe Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VW246H, Dell 17" Hp stock 
CaseMouse
stock hp pavillion e9300z HP stock 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 65
4x GTX580 wins...
Avalon
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600k MSI H170A Gaming Pro GIGABYTE GTX1080  Kingston HyperX FURY Black 64GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB LG DVD/RW 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
CoolerMaster 212 Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Apple OS X El Capitan Acer AT3265 32" 1080p 60Hz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 192n 20" 1280x1024 75Hz AZIO Mechanical Corsair CX750 CoolerMaster CMII Advanced 
MouseAudio
E-Blue Mazer Realtek High Definition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3630QM MSI CZ-17 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX Patriot Memory PSD38G1600L2S 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill F3-1600C10-8GSQ Samsung SSD 840 EVO Samsung ST-2000 TSST DVD/BD SN-406AB 
OSMonitor
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 17" 1920×1080 60Hz 
  hide details  
Reply
Avalon
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600k MSI H170A Gaming Pro GIGABYTE GTX1080  Kingston HyperX FURY Black 64GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB LG DVD/RW 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
CoolerMaster 212 Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Apple OS X El Capitan Acer AT3265 32" 1080p 60Hz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 192n 20" 1280x1024 75Hz AZIO Mechanical Corsair CX750 CoolerMaster CMII Advanced 
MouseAudio
E-Blue Mazer Realtek High Definition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3630QM MSI CZ-17 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX Patriot Memory PSD38G1600L2S 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill F3-1600C10-8GSQ Samsung SSD 840 EVO Samsung ST-2000 TSST DVD/BD SN-406AB 
OSMonitor
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 17" 1920×1080 60Hz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssClocker View Post
okay seriously i said i was leaning towards the hydro coppers not a final decison as stated earlier i read somone review with 4 580s (512mb each) and 4 6970 (2gb each) the 6970s would win compared with ram but then someone suggested that i look into the 580 edition with 3gb of ram so do the math people
3x 3gb (if i get 3 580s) of ram = 9gb total i can use
4x 2gb (if i were to get 4 6970's) of ram= 8gb total i can use
the point of this thread was to see what would be the best option for the most amount of ram because i am working in large resolutions!!!!!!!!!!!

and for those who posted "oh this is not a fair competion" well 4x 580 with 512mb of ram each equal 4gb or ram total, and 2 6970 2gb each equals 4gb total

Holy Christ no need to go ranting so much

and seriously the build in my sig is not final subject to change i dont have hours to waist constatly updating CALM DOWN PEOPLE i will post the final system in a week or so
saying 580s come with .5gb of ram.
saying it adds up like that.
saying 2800 dollars vs 720 dollars is a fair comparison.

OP confirmed for fanboy troll.
Snoopy 5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Sabertooth X58 XFX Radeon 6970 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Enhanced Redline cas 6 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Series 256GB Samsung Spinpoint f4 2TB Samsung dvd/cd read and write Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
25" 1920x1080 Cougar CMX-1000 Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
Snoopy 5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Sabertooth X58 XFX Radeon 6970 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Enhanced Redline cas 6 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Series 256GB Samsung Spinpoint f4 2TB Samsung dvd/cd read and write Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
25" 1920x1080 Cougar CMX-1000 Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › 2x 6970 or 4x 580?