Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › antec or corsair?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

antec or corsair? - Page 4

post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtec View Post
The Antec is as visually similar to the H70 as it is to the H60. It shares a block/pump with one and a rad with the other. Moreover, is the H70's thicker rad more aesthetically pleasing than the H60/Kuhler's? I don't see your point here.




I don't know about the slightly larger rad - from here it looks like the Antec rad (on the right) might be slightly thicker, but that might just be the angle and it doesn't say much about the core thickness in any case. It may have a slightly deeper plenum. The rads are both 120mm by ~25mm thick though, so whatever slight variance in size is moot. What matters is the performance, which as the comparison below shows, puts them on even footing with stock fans and favors the Antec to the H60 with push-pull fans. The H70 beats both though.




I already linked to a real world comparison.
Wow I feel dumb. I mixed the two systems up. I was describing the rad and mount of the antec thinking it was the h60. My bad. My h50 has a mount system like the antec in that pic you posted. And I like that review. Basically the h60 is better with stock fans and the antec performed better with scythes. I wanna see some results with some deltas!
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertrixter View Post
Wow I feel dumb. I mixed the two systems up. I was describing the rad and mount of the antec thinking it was the h60. My bad.
Heh... well that ought to tell you something right there

Without the logo visible to tip you off, you preferred the look of the Antec. Or did you? Since you assumed it was actually the Corsair, were you actually looking for reasons why you liked it better? In other words, looking for evidence to support you preconceived notions?

That's kind of my issue; people seem to be basing their opinions on their pre-conceived notions of the brand without any actual data, and furthermore seem to be looking for more reasons to dislike the product from the less favored brand.


Quote:
My h50 has a mount system like the antec in that pic you posted.
Right - that's because the Antec is closer to the H50/H70 (both Asetek units) than the H60 is (made by CoolIT).


I think it's interesting that not too long ago people would talk the same crap about CoolIT units when comparing them to the Corsair units...


Quote:
And I like that review. Basically the h60 is better with stock fans and the antec performed better with scythes.
Actually, the H60 and Antec results are basically identical with stock fans at max speed (2,000RPM) - 0.1C difference isn't statistically significant.
post #33 of 35
are you swedish
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955BE C3 4.0ghz ASUS CrossHair IV Formula Zotac GTX 570 940/1880/4300 G.Skill Ripjaw8gb ddr3-1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WDl Caviar Black 500GB 7200RPM Win 7 Home premium 64bit Asus ML238H 1920 x 1080 Logitec G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 850W Black Edition Corsair Graphite 600T Razer Deathadder razer goliathus fragged 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955BE C3 4.0ghz ASUS CrossHair IV Formula Zotac GTX 570 940/1880/4300 G.Skill Ripjaw8gb ddr3-1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WDl Caviar Black 500GB 7200RPM Win 7 Home premium 64bit Asus ML238H 1920 x 1080 Logitec G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 850W Black Edition Corsair Graphite 600T Razer Deathadder razer goliathus fragged 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 35
Me? No, why? Because of the link to sweclockers? I just found that review earlier... had to use google translate to read it
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtec View Post
Heh... well that ought to tell you something right there

Without the logo visible to tip you off, you preferred the look of the Antec. Or did you? Since you assumed it was actually the Corsair, were you actually looking for reasons why you liked it better? In other words, looking for evidence to support you preconceived notions?

That's kind of my issue; people seem to be basing their opinions on their pre-conceived notions of the brand without any actual data, and furthermore seem to be looking for more reasons to dislike the product from the less favored brand.




Right - that's because the Antec is closer to the H50/H70 (both Asetek units) than the H60 is (made by CoolIT).


I think it's interesting that not too long ago people would talk the same crap about CoolIT units when comparing them to the Corsair units...




Actually, the H60 and Antec results are basically identical with stock fans at max speed (2,000RPM) - 0.1C difference isn't statistically significant.
Lol. People will always like one thing better than another. It's human nature. Wanna know why I decided on the h50 over any other option. It was free!! And I have been happy with it. As long as I'm happy with my results isn't that what matters.

But you are correct in your statements above. ;-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › antec or corsair?