Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Cleaning Blackwidow?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cleaning Blackwidow? - Page 2

post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTeNsE View Post
too bad theirs not -rep for being rude...
I was only responding in Kind to his already rude behavior.


I find it hilarious that you'd call me being an honest person rude tho..

It's good to know I'm rude because RMA process is not for damaged products and that I hope that he doesn't get away with committing fraud is rude?

K, got it.
post #12 of 30
I was hoping this was going to be a "how to keep your blackwidow clean"
cave
(20 items)
 
couch
(14 items)
 
cave2
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 Biostar H61MU3 Nvidia 550 Ti Crucial 4gb 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Seagate 2TB Barracuda  WD Blue 160GB ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit LG 32LD400 32-Inch Logitech k360 OCZ ModXtreme Pro 500 
CaseMouse
Silverstone Grandia GD07B Logitech M510 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Celeron G620 Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 G-Skill Eco 4gb WD 160GB Blue 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Ubuntu 12.04 CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid Antec Earthwatts 430W Antec SX1030b 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX510 Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
cave
(20 items)
 
couch
(14 items)
 
cave2
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 Biostar H61MU3 Nvidia 550 Ti Crucial 4gb 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Seagate 2TB Barracuda  WD Blue 160GB ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit LG 32LD400 32-Inch Logitech k360 OCZ ModXtreme Pro 500 
CaseMouse
Silverstone Grandia GD07B Logitech M510 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Celeron G620 Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 G-Skill Eco 4gb WD 160GB Blue 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Ubuntu 12.04 CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid Antec Earthwatts 430W Antec SX1030b 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX510 Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoogins View Post
how to keep your blackwidow clean"
1) Get a Filco.
2) Don't spill stuff on it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k GA-Z77MX-D3H Palit Jetstream 680 4GB 4 X 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws X (1600MHz/CAS8 @ 1.5v) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
60GB Corsair Force + 2TB RAID0 + 500GB Antec Kühler 620 w/AP-14 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell U2711 (2560 x 1440) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch (MX Blues) Corsair HX650 Lian Li PC-U6B Razer Deathadder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k GA-Z77MX-D3H Palit Jetstream 680 4GB 4 X 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws X (1600MHz/CAS8 @ 1.5v) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
60GB Corsair Force + 2TB RAID0 + 500GB Antec Kühler 620 w/AP-14 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell U2711 (2560 x 1440) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch (MX Blues) Corsair HX650 Lian Li PC-U6B Razer Deathadder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoogins View Post
I was hoping this was going to be a "how to keep your blackwidow clean"
Dont touch it? haha
post #15 of 30
Ya, big mistake on the purchase.. haven't spilled anything on it and regularly wipe it down, to no avail
cave
(20 items)
 
couch
(14 items)
 
cave2
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 Biostar H61MU3 Nvidia 550 Ti Crucial 4gb 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Seagate 2TB Barracuda  WD Blue 160GB ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit LG 32LD400 32-Inch Logitech k360 OCZ ModXtreme Pro 500 
CaseMouse
Silverstone Grandia GD07B Logitech M510 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Celeron G620 Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 G-Skill Eco 4gb WD 160GB Blue 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Ubuntu 12.04 CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid Antec Earthwatts 430W Antec SX1030b 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX510 Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
cave
(20 items)
 
couch
(14 items)
 
cave2
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 Biostar H61MU3 Nvidia 550 Ti Crucial 4gb 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Seagate 2TB Barracuda  WD Blue 160GB ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit LG 32LD400 32-Inch Logitech k360 OCZ ModXtreme Pro 500 
CaseMouse
Silverstone Grandia GD07B Logitech M510 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Celeron G620 Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 G-Skill Eco 4gb WD 160GB Blue 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Ubuntu 12.04 CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid Antec Earthwatts 430W Antec SX1030b 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX510 Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle View Post
1) Get a Filco.
2) Don't spill stuff on it.
pssshhh you're justing saying that because you're getting a filco lol. you had a blackwidow, but are trying to sell/sold it
Mah Gamin' Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820k Asus Sabertooth X99 ASUS GTX 980 STRIX 16GB DDR4 15-15-15-35 @ 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + Samsung F3 1TB Swiftech H220 Windows 10 Dell 2209w + Hannspree 20" (secondary) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 2 w/MX Greys XFX 750w PSU NZXT H440 Razer Edition Razer Taipan 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Vespula HiVi Swan M10s 
  hide details  
Reply
Mah Gamin' Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820k Asus Sabertooth X99 ASUS GTX 980 STRIX 16GB DDR4 15-15-15-35 @ 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + Samsung F3 1TB Swiftech H220 Windows 10 Dell 2209w + Hannspree 20" (secondary) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 2 w/MX Greys XFX 750w PSU NZXT H440 Razer Edition Razer Taipan 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Vespula HiVi Swan M10s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTeNsE View Post
pssshhh you're justing saying that because you're getting a filco lol. you had a blackwidow, but are trying to sell/sold it
I had one, but thanks to Razers top notch quality I had to RMA it, and I'm selling the new one I get back to buy something that isn't junk.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k GA-Z77MX-D3H Palit Jetstream 680 4GB 4 X 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws X (1600MHz/CAS8 @ 1.5v) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
60GB Corsair Force + 2TB RAID0 + 500GB Antec Kühler 620 w/AP-14 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell U2711 (2560 x 1440) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch (MX Blues) Corsair HX650 Lian Li PC-U6B Razer Deathadder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k GA-Z77MX-D3H Palit Jetstream 680 4GB 4 X 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws X (1600MHz/CAS8 @ 1.5v) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
60GB Corsair Force + 2TB RAID0 + 500GB Antec Kühler 620 w/AP-14 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell U2711 (2560 x 1440) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch (MX Blues) Corsair HX650 Lian Li PC-U6B Razer Deathadder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 30
Just to back up Amw86 he's quite right that just because it's now working that you won't run into problems down the road.

Cherry MX switch.


And RMAing a keyboard after a spill IS not taking responsibility for your actions and something only excused if you live in France (or French Canada).
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Keyboard
Lots of them 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Keyboard
Lots of them 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amw86 View Post
that was actual help, I repaired electronics for a living for multiple years.
Shame being an ignorant ass isn't part of the job or I'd be using your help right now.

Quote:
first you said its pepsi, now you say its juice, frankly it doesn't matter if you jizzed on it its all about the same.
Pepsi IS juice, fizzy juice, you call it Soda in America.

Quote:
You didn't spill juice on it while it was on... I don't care, you already stated you put power to the device, otherwise you wouldn't know what buttons worked and what didn't and that the LED's were working, all that matters is that you powered the device before attempting to clean it.
I spilled on it while it was off, completely accidental, I don't see why you're holding a grudge here over a human mistake.

Quote:
I already told you to clean it the way you are doing, there isn't any other way to clean it... PCB's are touchy things and once two things make contact with power that aren't supposed to they normally stop working or short out.
You said nothing of the sort, it's not a PCB it's a switchboard.

Quote:
and quite frankly I hope your RMA is denied, as it is not something that should be RMA'ed and only drives up costs for everyone else.

take responsibility for your f up and try to clean it, if it doesn't fix it, go buy a new one.
No wonder you're such a low rep user, your help although logical is insulting and ignorant.
Thanks for nothing, asshat.

The Iron Giant
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 950 X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X Mushkin Silverline 3x4GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 Samsung F3 Western Digital Raptor Crucial M4 128GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony DRU-87S Corsair H70 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer X243HQBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Seasonic X650 Lian Li Lancool K62 Zowie AM MS 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Edirol MA-7A speakers. Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
The Iron Giant
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 950 X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X Mushkin Silverline 3x4GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 Samsung F3 Western Digital Raptor Crucial M4 128GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony DRU-87S Corsair H70 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer X243HQBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Seasonic X650 Lian Li Lancool K62 Zowie AM MS 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Edirol MA-7A speakers. Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflux View Post
Shame being an ignorant ass isn't part of the job or I'd be using your help right now.


Pepsi IS juice, fizzy juice, you call it Soda in America.


I spilled on it while it was off, completely accidental, I don't see why you're holding a grudge here over a human mistake.


You said nothing of the sort, it's not a PCB it's a switchboard.


No wonder you're such a low rep user, your help although logical is insulting and ignorant.
Thanks for nothing, asshat.

Juice is something that comes naturally be it from plant or animal, not something man made, is the actual meaning, not some poormans slang.

You seemingly can't understand that It doesn't matter when you spilled on the device if it was under power or not, the fact that you powered it on before cleaning it is where I have repetitively tried to explain to you that cause's the issue water+electricity= bad derp?

PCB = Printed circuit board, you know, that thing like all electronics use?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printed_circuit_board

or did you mean your keyboard has one of these inside?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_switchboard

LOL anyhow, some people call PCB's switchboards, I understand that and will let that slide, but correcting me in saying its NOT a PCB is just incorrect.

You're right I didn't specifically state that you should clean it...ANY OTHER WAY than you already mentioned, hence I did not correct you because in your original post you already had the best idea for cleaning it

I didn't turn to being rude at all until you made the ugly remarks

From you:
"Funny you say that now because isopropyl is working pretty well."

No crap? please see previous statement.

oh and just because it looks clean, doesn't mean your problem is solved.

once you put power to the keyboard it can short things out, which cannot be repaired by just making it look pretty.



From you:
"Any actual help? Please?"

So my help wasn't actual, but yet you just stated that my help was logical and made sense? Yes I will turn on you when you knock what I'm saying and then turn around in the next sentence and say wait a minute, what he said did just make sense?

oh, and by the way, I haven't resorted to doing anything childish like calling you names.

Oh and I'm a low rep user because I use this forum for information, not normally to advise other people, cause you just end up in this situation.

also, I don't give out advice unless I know for a fact what I'm talking about, so If I somewhat doubt what I think, I don't share it normally because I'm not one for creating false information.
Edited by Amw86 - 2/28/11 at 7:40am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Cleaning Blackwidow?