Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › G1 Assassin/Sniper/Guerrilla Owners/Discussion/Info Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

G1 Assassin/Sniper/Guerrilla Owners/Discussion/Info Club - Page 9

post #81 of 566
just donwloaded the ones from the cd itself. now that everything is working im gonna set up my loop. once thats done ill get the newest drivers from bigfoots website. thanks for the help.
post #82 of 566
Thread Starter 
also teh guerilla has beefed up audio, its better than any other X58 board, BUT its still a realtek audio chip, but it has like better caps and such. The other boards have the Creative 20k2.

You should install all your drivers from GB's website.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 566
I am running 2 6970 in XF.

How important is it that I run the extra power molex cables to the board Sin?

Thanks...
The Beastie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 G1 Assassin CF Saphire 6970 12 Gig Dominator GT 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Summit 60 GB x2 Raid 0 BDR-203 W7 64 Bit 3 Samsung BX2235 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W HAF X Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beastie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 G1 Assassin CF Saphire 6970 12 Gig Dominator GT 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Summit 60 GB x2 Raid 0 BDR-203 W7 64 Bit 3 Samsung BX2235 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W HAF X Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 566
Thread Starter 
i found that it was pretty important to plug at least one in on the assassin.

I had odd issues, like wierd BDOS and other things that weren't right, after i pluged in that second power connector all was fine.

here is why i think so:
Every stock ATX motherboard has only 2 12v wires that power the power plane in the PCB, the CPu really eats up the 4 from the ATX8pin solution, so those two wires provide all teh power. This is fine for something like 3 way SLI where the cards pull about 75 watts a piece from the board, but when you add in the LAN, and the AUdio especially, you are adding in features that consume a fair bit of power when everything is under load. Combined with teh fact that the GTX 500 series and the new AMD cards pull a lot of watts, when you run 2 way SLI on this board it is important to plug at least one of those molexes in if you are OCing anything.

In my psychical review i went over the fact that this board has three extra power supplies, they are very small and put out 4 amps a piece, the LAN has 2 and the audio one, and so with all the other features, this board eats power. In my performance review you can see that this board pulls 20-50 watts more than a standard board.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
i found that it was pretty important to plug at least one in on the assassin.

I had odd issues, like wierd BDOS and other things that weren't right, after i pluged in that second power connector all was fine.

here is why i think so:
Every stock ATX motherboard has only 2 12v wires that power the power plane in the PCB, the CPu really eats up the 4 from the ATX8pin solution, so those two wires provide all teh power. This is fine for something like 3 way SLI where the cards pull about 75 watts a piece from the board, but when you add in the LAN, and the AUdio especially, you are adding in features that consume a fair bit of power when everything is under load. Combined with teh fact that the GTX 500 series and the new AMD cards pull a lot of watts, when you run 2 way SLI on this board it is important to plug at least one of those molexes in if you are OCing anything.

In my psychical review i went over the fact that this board has three extra power supplies, they are very small and put out 4 amps a piece, the LAN has 2 and the audio one, and so with all the other features, this board eats power. In my performance review you can see that this board pulls 20-50 watts more than a standard board.
Sorry,

Not sure if you understood. I measnt the extra ones for the vid card. I pluged into the top one. I alread have the 2 8 pins for power connected.

I am on stock setting, no o/c at all and BFBC is still crashing after about 30 min.

I ran Prime for 2 hours and all was stable so maybe I will remove a vid card and see what happens?

Some things just never seem simple
Edited by netwalker - 4/9/11 at 8:51pm
The Beastie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 G1 Assassin CF Saphire 6970 12 Gig Dominator GT 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Summit 60 GB x2 Raid 0 BDR-203 W7 64 Bit 3 Samsung BX2235 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W HAF X Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beastie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 G1 Assassin CF Saphire 6970 12 Gig Dominator GT 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Summit 60 GB x2 Raid 0 BDR-203 W7 64 Bit 3 Samsung BX2235 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W HAF X Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 566
Thread Starter 
there was a update to punkbuster that makes it a problem to play BFBC2 while easytune6 is running, turn off easytune 6.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
there was a update to punkbuster that makes it a problem to play BFBC2 while easytune6 is running, turn off easytune 6.
I knoew about something with BFBC2 but read it was MSI Afterburner. I closed EasyTune and whatever else I could but still no dice.

Just played well over an hour of MoH and ran like a charm. Least now I know it is not my build...

Thanks again Sin and some more rep 4U
The Beastie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 G1 Assassin CF Saphire 6970 12 Gig Dominator GT 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Summit 60 GB x2 Raid 0 BDR-203 W7 64 Bit 3 Samsung BX2235 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W HAF X Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beastie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 G1 Assassin CF Saphire 6970 12 Gig Dominator GT 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Summit 60 GB x2 Raid 0 BDR-203 W7 64 Bit 3 Samsung BX2235 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W HAF X Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 566
I'm really interested in getting the g1 guerrilla board..I've been thinking about it for a while...I went ahead with sandy bridge a while back..but, I've never been one to get caught up in hype, and only upgraded because it was time...but, I'm thinking about getting 2 gtx 570's or 580's for some 3d vision surround..and x58 seems like the best choice.. and, all the g1 boards have integrated nic's to help with online play...

Seems like a good choice to me
The Megazord
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX - 8350 ASUS Crosshair V Formula - z EVGA GTX 670 Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung Pro Series  Asus Blu-Ray  Corsair H100i  Windows 7 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T24 Corsair AX 650 Cooler Master HAF - XB 
  hide details  
Reply
The Megazord
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX - 8350 ASUS Crosshair V Formula - z EVGA GTX 670 Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung Pro Series  Asus Blu-Ray  Corsair H100i  Windows 7 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T24 Corsair AX 650 Cooler Master HAF - XB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 566
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwalker View Post
I knoew about something with BFBC2 but read it was MSI Afterburner. I closed EasyTune and whatever else I could but still no dice.

Just played well over an hour of MoH and ran like a charm. Least now I know it is not my build...

Thanks again Sin and some more rep 4U
You have killer networks manager open? Change priority of BFBC2 to priority 2 instead of priority 1.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 566
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsanteSoul View Post
I'm really interested in getting the g1 guerrilla board..I've been thinking about it for a while...I went ahead with sandy bridge a while back..but, I've never been one to get caught up in hype, and only upgraded because it was time...but, I'm thinking about getting 2 gtx 570's or 580's for some 3d vision surround..and x58 seems like the best choice.. and, all the g1 boards have integrated nic's to help with online play...

Seems like a good choice to me
They honestly are great board, i love teh audio more than the NIC, plus it helps with FPS more than th NIC, but the NIC is nice
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › G1 Assassin/Sniper/Guerrilla Owners/Discussion/Info Club