Overclock.net banner

Whats the point of Minecraft??

5K views 35 replies 29 participants last post by  DayoftheGreek 
#1 ·
Ok i know that there is going to be alot of people like "what the *****&^&%&%*" but i dont get minecraft. I played the singleplayer mode on there website and all it was a giant sandbox? Like is there a point to the game all i did was build a little house and then it just sat there...there was no objective to the game so whats the whole point of the game?

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrballer123;12557997
hmm maybe thats why, i just thought it was boring compared to lets say bc2
biggrin.gif
Paid version has survival mode, basically you have to make a shelter before night fall, otherwise monsters come out and kill you.

#5 ·
Make a server with 4-8 friends.

Go wild.

#7 ·
Quote:
biggrin.gif
The paid version is more or less the same. Except for maybe more zombies.

If the creativity of building whatever you want with the blocks doesn't appeal to you, the Minecraft just isn't going to be your cup of tea.

#12 ·
The free version of Minecraft has no point, the aim is to simply build what you wish.

The paid version adds survival, enemies, the need for you to have to find your supplies (picks, axes, wood, dirt, etc.) and whatnot.

I've always preferred the free version over the paid one. Mainly because I can find servers.

#15 ·
is it worth the $20?

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeYo;12558183
There is no point. Survival is just an afterthought, it really takes no effort. If you don't enjoy being creative and imaginative, it's not the game for you.
I concur.

Its all about creativity and enjoyment if the game sparks that kind of interest to oneself.
grouphug.gif

#20 ·
Quote:
biggrin.gif
How do you compare minecraft and BC2 :/

#22 ·
One aspect of the game that makes Survival much more 'fulfilling' than Creative is that you have to mine each block you use to build. In Creative you could build some amazing mansion in 20 min with no effort. In Survival you must mine, smelt, craft, or dig each block to be able to build with it. At the same time, you must survive by avoiding monsters (and other players on some servers). When you do finally get that epic mansion built you have done it from the ground up. Or you just hear SSssssssssssssss...
biggrin.gif

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrballer123;12557896
Like is there a point to the game all i did was build a little house and then it just sat there...there was no objective to the game so whats the whole point of the game?
lol that's exactly how i felt when i tried it.. weird game.. i can see the appeal but i guess it's not for me

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcypot;12558512
thats true.... DONT play it non stop... i did that... man did i lose sleep with this game... "just a little more! let me just clear this area... oh let me build this real quick.."
Dude, I was dreaming minecraft. Runnin from creepers, diggin holes, all around feeling very lonely (Minecraft makes me feel really isolated, idk why, lol)

#26 ·
well basically the goal is let your artistic talent out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.