Overclock.net banner

[EA] Crysis 2 PC Demo Released

41K views 699 replies 278 participants last post by  Nemesis158 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Nice. I've been playing "some other demo" and it been making me want to try the multiplayer of this "unrelated game". Also, I hope this has DirectX 11 and that it runs well on my PC compared to "random game demo".

#4 ·
nice. Downloading now.

#7 ·
aw, ftp? why doesn't crytek support torrents? O wait...

But seriously...

• Rep+
Reactions: l337sft
#8 ·
Glad I didn't preorder it.
  • maps are too small
  • because of that, too fast-paced for teamwork, which is the goal for some of the MP modes
  • the HUD is incredibly close, so you have no wide range of vision (yeah yeah, you have a mask/helmet on, so what)
  • the gameplay feel, the killstreaks, the sound it makes when you kill somebody and how it shows the points...MW2
  • 'Hardcore' settings, and the graphics are still comparably worse than Crysis 1
  • controls are clunky, and good luck trying to switch suit modes in the heat of a battle
Basically, only the modern day CoD tools will enjoy this. That's the TL;DR summary.

• Rep+
Reactions: nK.CrooK
#10 ·
The HUD is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo terrible.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by captain_clayman
View Post

NO DX11?

*** i'm smelling console port.

The engine supports all both consoles and PC. You make the content once, it just works on all the platforms. No porting required when you use CryEngine 3. I imagine the extent to which platform specific stuff is required is stuff like building your UI to match specific resolutions, supporting keymapping on a keyboard versus a controller, blah blah blah. But that stuff is VERY simple compared to porting an entire game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.