Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › new watercooled rig for a friend
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new watercooled rig for a friend - Page 6

post #51 of 65
I'm not sure where to start, so I'll take it from the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocenst View Post
it is still duell loop no matter how they start or finnish. tech....
just like duell muflers on a car. duell means 2.i dont mean to be an ass lol.in the real world we call this a duell loop. parallel means seperate never tutching. as in a train track. i can not help it the pc water cooled world is not politicaly correct.
First of all, dual = 2, duel = a fight, duell = not a word.

You may not be trying to be an ass, but so far you've had the block backwards, didn't know you're own pump, and don't seem to have any respect for people's thoughts. If you stopped being so defensive of the rig you might actually realize that we were here to help.
As for your opinions on parallel: parallel as in separate and never touching is one definition, but the one used by watercoolers and electrical circuits is a branched flow. Suffice it to say that a dictionary could help you here.

In watercooling, you have dual loops (completely separate loops), parallel flow (branched flow, generally seen with mutli-gpu setups), and serial loops (one component after the other).
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocenst View Post
who asked for help surly not me.
i was showing off a nice clean rig with grate temps. and was getting slammed. and ive seen worse builds here with horible temps.and they where apluded.
and like i said i cant help it the water cooled world uses the words backwords to there scientific meanning. no offence to any one here. thats just the way it is. thats why i never post any of my builds. becouse most people dont and wont think out side the box.and do some real world testing on there pc to see what exactly works best for them and there setup.and if your's is not set up the normal way. its wrong and is worthless.
they rather just follow each other off a cliff. becouse thats they way its suspost be done. lemmings lol. each rig is different what works good for 1 dose not mean it works good on all.
it was not my intention to come here and start a war or somthing.i guess i was just lookin for"man that a nice case. clean ,and sweet temps for the set up .but thats not what i got from a most.
but hay thats what i get for posting here.
No one was slamming you until you started jumping on us for commenting.

The rest of that post isn't even worth talking to.

I'm sorry that you posted your build in the WC section and didn't expect anything other than 'lol. sweet rig bro. Great job. What an awesome friend.' Sorry to disappoint, but some of us take pride in what we do here and like to understand and help and learn from others, that was the only reason I ever got started in this thread.
AC Mk-800 Cobra
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Zotac GTX 570 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD WD Red WD AV-GP Samsung CD/DVD Combo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win-7 Pro x64 HP LP3065 30" 2560x1600 Dell 1600x1200 Portrait Monoprice Gaming Keyboard w/ MX Blacks 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850 Modified Corsair Obsidian 800D Logitech G700 X-Fi Titanium PCIe 
Other
Happauge 2250 Tuner Card 
  hide details  
Reply
AC Mk-800 Cobra
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Zotac GTX 570 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD WD Red WD AV-GP Samsung CD/DVD Combo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win-7 Pro x64 HP LP3065 30" 2560x1600 Dell 1600x1200 Portrait Monoprice Gaming Keyboard w/ MX Blacks 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850 Modified Corsair Obsidian 800D Logitech G700 X-Fi Titanium PCIe 
Other
Happauge 2250 Tuner Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocenst View Post
thankx dr-bowtie and it's super quiet. I've seen and heard a lot of watercooled PCs and I have to say this build is the quietest I've ever heard. well that's just it you cant hear it. you can feel a slight hum to the case and that's it.

Next upgrade should be Firefox or atleast install Spellcheck into IE...

I wont knock you for grammar but a lot on this forum will
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 ECS P55 Black Edition 2-4850X2 (Quadfire) 2x2GB Geil Black Dragon 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640 Raid 0 DVD-RW XPpro, Vista, Win in x32 and x64 flavors Acer 22in Wide Screen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic Corsair TX-850 Black ATX MS Optical 
Mouse Pad
yea right... 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 ECS P55 Black Edition 2-4850X2 (Quadfire) 2x2GB Geil Black Dragon 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640 Raid 0 DVD-RW XPpro, Vista, Win in x32 and x64 flavors Acer 22in Wide Screen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic Corsair TX-850 Black ATX MS Optical 
Mouse Pad
yea right... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_bowtie View Post
Next upgrade should be Firefox or atleast install Spellcheck into IE...

I wont knock you for grammar but a lot on this forum will
Hope this wasn't directed at me as I try to be very accommodating of poor spelling and grammar with people I respond to.

I should clarify though that that accommodation ends when people try to correct me on things that I am already stating clearly, by using words and meanings that they themselves either don't understand fully or don't possess the interest in presenting properly. I'm sorry if that makes me a bad person, I just don't like people calling me out for things that they can't even get right in their argument.

Edit: If you notice in my earlier post, I didn't make any comments about the poor spelling except in the specific words that two was calling me out on and then himself butchering.
Edited by SaltwaterCooled - 3/2/11 at 9:00pm
AC Mk-800 Cobra
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Zotac GTX 570 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD WD Red WD AV-GP Samsung CD/DVD Combo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win-7 Pro x64 HP LP3065 30" 2560x1600 Dell 1600x1200 Portrait Monoprice Gaming Keyboard w/ MX Blacks 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850 Modified Corsair Obsidian 800D Logitech G700 X-Fi Titanium PCIe 
Other
Happauge 2250 Tuner Card 
  hide details  
Reply
AC Mk-800 Cobra
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Zotac GTX 570 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD WD Red WD AV-GP Samsung CD/DVD Combo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win-7 Pro x64 HP LP3065 30" 2560x1600 Dell 1600x1200 Portrait Monoprice Gaming Keyboard w/ MX Blacks 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850 Modified Corsair Obsidian 800D Logitech G700 X-Fi Titanium PCIe 
Other
Happauge 2250 Tuner Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCooled View Post
Hope this wasn't directed at me as I try to be very accommodating of poor spelling and grammar with people I respond to.

I should clarify though that that accommodation ends when people try to correct me on things that I am already stating clearly, by using words and meanings that they themselves either don't understand fully or don't possess the interest in presenting properly. I'm sorry if that makes me a bad person, I just don't like people calling me out for things that they can't even get right in their argument.

Edit: If you notice in my earlier post, I didn't make any comments about the poor spelling except in the specific words that two was calling me out on and then himself butchering.

No it was not directed at you....of all the members I have seen on this forum you personally have given good advice and nice criticism. Not too hard on the OP other than trying to figure out his post. I for one appreciate that immensely. Thank you for being a responsible member...! rep+ to you
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 ECS P55 Black Edition 2-4850X2 (Quadfire) 2x2GB Geil Black Dragon 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640 Raid 0 DVD-RW XPpro, Vista, Win in x32 and x64 flavors Acer 22in Wide Screen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic Corsair TX-850 Black ATX MS Optical 
Mouse Pad
yea right... 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 ECS P55 Black Edition 2-4850X2 (Quadfire) 2x2GB Geil Black Dragon 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640 Raid 0 DVD-RW XPpro, Vista, Win in x32 and x64 flavors Acer 22in Wide Screen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic Corsair TX-850 Black ATX MS Optical 
Mouse Pad
yea right... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 65
Very much agreed. This entire thread was basically a pat on the back for the OP, and seemed to fully expect nothing but positive praise for every aspect. When you post something, be expected to back up your build with some solid facts...if you have them. If not, don't act like a pompous prick while at the same time attacking replies with what appears to be an early form of the English language mixed with some grunts and then written on a stone tablet.

Spelling, grammar and composition are taught in every school, every grade until high school graduation. If you've attended a college or university, welcome to 4-5 more years learning how to speak, read, write and decipher language.

Much in the same way that SaltWaterCooled made mention that he is very forgiving of those lacking spelling/grammar; I am as well. However, when someone wants to make a supreme ass of himself while further confusing his own plans, concept and build while at the same time is changing the spelling and meaning of commonly used words several different times, in the same thread, mind you...I have little patience in which to deal with them.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 EVGA 790i FTW SLI GTX260 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 74gb Raptors; 1TB WD Black Samsung OEM DVD-RW Win 7 Ultimate Hanns G 28.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 BFG 1200w Gigabyte Aurora v.1 MS Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 EVGA 790i FTW SLI GTX260 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 74gb Raptors; 1TB WD Black Samsung OEM DVD-RW Win 7 Ultimate Hanns G 28.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 BFG 1200w Gigabyte Aurora v.1 MS Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_bowtie View Post
No it was not directed at you....of all the members I have seen on this forum you personally have given good advice and nice criticism. Not too hard on the OP other than trying to figure out his post. I for one appreciate that immensely. Thank you for being a responsible member...! rep+ to you
Thank you, I do my best
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix_1011 View Post
Very much agreed. This entire thread was basically a pat on the back for the OP, and seemed to fully expect nothing but positive praise for every aspect. When you post something, be expected to back up your build with some solid facts...if you have them. If not, don't act like a pompous prick while at the same time attacking replies with what appears to be an early form of the English language mixed with some grunts and then written on a stone tablet.

Spelling, grammar and composition are taught in every school, every grade until high school graduation. If you've attended a college or university, welcome to 4-5 more years learning how to speak, read, write and decipher language.

Much in the same way that SaltWaterCooled made mention that he is very forgiving of those lacking spelling/grammar; I am as well. However, when someone wants to make a supreme ass of himself while further confusing his own plans, concept and build while at the same time is changing the spelling and meaning of commonly used words several different times, in the same thread, mind you...I have little patience in which to deal with them.
Personally, I have no idea where the OP is from so as this is a very international forum, with many multilingual members, it's entirely possible that English is not his first language and that background in grammar and spelling may not exist. That's why I try to ignore the spelling and grammar in people's posts as much as possible. The only time I take issue with it is when it gets thrown in my face; I'd politely suggest that you (and everyone else too) remind yourself of the international nature of OCN and not look too harshly on people for their writing. But like we've agreed, we were just looking to understand more from the OP, not attack his rig.
AC Mk-800 Cobra
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Zotac GTX 570 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD WD Red WD AV-GP Samsung CD/DVD Combo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win-7 Pro x64 HP LP3065 30" 2560x1600 Dell 1600x1200 Portrait Monoprice Gaming Keyboard w/ MX Blacks 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850 Modified Corsair Obsidian 800D Logitech G700 X-Fi Titanium PCIe 
Other
Happauge 2250 Tuner Card 
  hide details  
Reply
AC Mk-800 Cobra
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Zotac GTX 570 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD WD Red WD AV-GP Samsung CD/DVD Combo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win-7 Pro x64 HP LP3065 30" 2560x1600 Dell 1600x1200 Portrait Monoprice Gaming Keyboard w/ MX Blacks 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850 Modified Corsair Obsidian 800D Logitech G700 X-Fi Titanium PCIe 
Other
Happauge 2250 Tuner Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 65
Correct; and due to the fact that this IS an international forum (as are most) and English is at times a 2nd or 3rd language, I try to overlook these issues, as long as they don't detract from the understanding of what is being communicated.

However, belligerence toward other forum members simply due to a disagreement in style, theory or functionality isn't something I tolerate, regardless of grammar or spelling.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 EVGA 790i FTW SLI GTX260 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 74gb Raptors; 1TB WD Black Samsung OEM DVD-RW Win 7 Ultimate Hanns G 28.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 BFG 1200w Gigabyte Aurora v.1 MS Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 EVGA 790i FTW SLI GTX260 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 74gb Raptors; 1TB WD Black Samsung OEM DVD-RW Win 7 Ultimate Hanns G 28.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 BFG 1200w Gigabyte Aurora v.1 MS Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix_1011 View Post
Correct; and due to the fact that this IS an international forum (as are most) and English is at times a 2nd or 3rd language, I try to overlook these issues, as long as they don't detract from the understanding of what is being communicated.

However, belligerence toward other forum members simply due to a disagreement in style, theory or functionality isn't something I tolerate, regardless of grammar or spelling.
^Same here. Now if only we could get the OP back, I'd love to hear how switching that block around affected temps...
AC Mk-800 Cobra
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Zotac GTX 570 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD WD Red WD AV-GP Samsung CD/DVD Combo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win-7 Pro x64 HP LP3065 30" 2560x1600 Dell 1600x1200 Portrait Monoprice Gaming Keyboard w/ MX Blacks 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850 Modified Corsair Obsidian 800D Logitech G700 X-Fi Titanium PCIe 
Other
Happauge 2250 Tuner Card 
  hide details  
Reply
AC Mk-800 Cobra
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Zotac GTX 570 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD WD Red WD AV-GP Samsung CD/DVD Combo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win-7 Pro x64 HP LP3065 30" 2560x1600 Dell 1600x1200 Portrait Monoprice Gaming Keyboard w/ MX Blacks 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850 Modified Corsair Obsidian 800D Logitech G700 X-Fi Titanium PCIe 
Other
Happauge 2250 Tuner Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 65
I'm still simply puzzled why the elaborate parallel design, vs. a simple, serial loop.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 EVGA 790i FTW SLI GTX260 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 74gb Raptors; 1TB WD Black Samsung OEM DVD-RW Win 7 Ultimate Hanns G 28.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 BFG 1200w Gigabyte Aurora v.1 MS Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 EVGA 790i FTW SLI GTX260 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 74gb Raptors; 1TB WD Black Samsung OEM DVD-RW Win 7 Ultimate Hanns G 28.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 BFG 1200w Gigabyte Aurora v.1 MS Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 65
some people just like to do things "different" thats all...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 ECS P55 Black Edition 2-4850X2 (Quadfire) 2x2GB Geil Black Dragon 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640 Raid 0 DVD-RW XPpro, Vista, Win in x32 and x64 flavors Acer 22in Wide Screen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic Corsair TX-850 Black ATX MS Optical 
Mouse Pad
yea right... 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 ECS P55 Black Edition 2-4850X2 (Quadfire) 2x2GB Geil Black Dragon 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640 Raid 0 DVD-RW XPpro, Vista, Win in x32 and x64 flavors Acer 22in Wide Screen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic Corsair TX-850 Black ATX MS Optical 
Mouse Pad
yea right... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › new watercooled rig for a friend